My weird one

Moderator: Mods

Lauren
Site Admin

My weird one

Post by Lauren »

I've told you all the weird things that Jibs does, and I *Promise* to get some videos soon of his behaviours, when Mum lets me borrow hers again.

Well, hes learnt a new one..

Tails make better head scritchers..

Here is how he came to this discovery..

The other week Mummy was 'playing' by tickling Jibby with one of Yodas feathers that fell.
Whilst doing the nightly ritual of dancing toes around the air and scritching his own head in complete bliss with himself, he decided his toes can sometimes scratch and this is not pleasant. What could tickle his head without causing some irritating scratches? Why ones Tail of course! Thankyou Mummy for showing that feathers can be more useful than just being stuck to ones body.
Just have to grab the tail with a foot and bring it up your your head.. then.. tickle away.. Bliss! No need for those annoying unpredictable dancing toes. :D
"Jibby aka Gilbert" Indian Ringneck 13 years "Charlie" Rex Rabbit 1 year
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Oh my gosh ! you are kidding .. lol .. you sure do have a strange but very clever and innovative little fid there. hehe ..
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Ohana

Post by Ohana »

How adorable! That is really one smart bird!
Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

:lol:

Sort of looks like this..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI4bNeXzXBY

He does it almost every night. About a year ago he started dancing his toes around, scritching his head in a complete trance like state, muttering things to himself. I originally thought he was just dreaming because he starts about 10-15 minutes after bedtime. Ive heard stories about other species doing this too. But I have come to the conclusion that hes actually trying to scritch himself.

The Amazon in the vid, worked this all out on his own too! Its so cute! Smart lil cookies arent they?
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

I love that video .. was going to go back and look for it to post here but you beat me to it. I had to run out and get my son from school, he is feeling ill, I suspect tonsilitis, so its off to the docs this arvo .. Poor thing, having a bad run, he was so brave last night at basketball, he got an elbow in the mouth and had his first lip piercing with this tooth. The coach was fussing about until I ran over, grabbed a steriwipe, cleaned him up got him to have a drink and he was raring to go back on .. he is growing up so fast .. bitter sweat.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless

Lauren
Site Admin

Post by Lauren »

Aww! What a sweet BBall Mummy! My brothers like that. Nothing gets in the way of playing sports! He hasn't tried BBall yet.. He should play BBall as hes the tallest in our family. They shoot up like sprouts! He makes me feel tiny and I'm 7 years older! I hope your son gets well soon! Its that time of the year again. I hope it doesnt get around here, but I know it will!
Ohana

Post by Ohana »

How awesome! That was a cool video too thanks for sharing.