You can lead an IRN to water....

Moderator: Mods

Gemstone

You can lead an IRN to water....

Post by Gemstone »

But you can't make him drink.

Jasper is starting to weine himself. he is turning down our syringe feeds in favor of eating anything else in sight!!

this is great, but i am yet to see him take water from his bowl, he knows it's there and i even tried to trick him by swapping his food and water bowls.

is there anything i can to to encourage him to start drinking?

he drinks alot of water when he's in the shower, and refuses a syringe of water.

i'm out of ideas,
Adam, Sharlene and Jasper
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

He will ween any day now, meaning refuse all feedings.

Ok, time to be a big boy:

In his cage he should ALWAYS have fresh water and seeds to begin with. I choose Zupreen brand for obvious reasons.

For bonding, this is when you introduce fruits veggies crackers bread... anything you eat EXCEPT for chocolate and avocado. Use those types of foods.

Having pizza? Throw him a crust. He'll love ya for it. He can eat any and everything you eat and I encourage meals with your ringneck often, early on.

He is drinking, they just dont do it much. Babyis two and I may have seen him at his water dish 5 times... just something you dont see, dont know why.

Hun, baby's aspirate with formla often... please dont syringe water into his mouth and if you MUST, do it from the left side only. Me? I wouldnt do this, that baby is drinking, trust me.
~ Mikaela Sky

Jeremy
Genetic Advisor

Post by Jeremy »

They get their liquid from the formula.
He will start drinking from his dish soon.
Melika

Post by Melika »

And if he's getting fresh veggies, he's also getting water from those as well.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

he was drinking from his dish today.
he's taking less and less formula, down to 2 a day (and he's only taking a few ml's at a time then too)
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

I noticed Carmen would not drink water when she was weaning but when she started to take less formula she started to drink water. I thinks irn would be the same as an ekkie and that he should start drinking bore when he weans. I also notice that all my fids drinks less on the days they get almost all fresh veggies, when I am gone all day they eat seed and pellets . I noticed then that they tend to drink more in the evenings.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I must have been yearning for a baby and didnt know it because the day Baby refused to feed, I cried. It upset me.

He went from literally drinking it down to me taking him to feed and no results. It was like I felt as if I didnt get to enjoy his 'last feeding' and I was sad. And so it was, my baby was weened. :(
~ Mikaela Sky

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

thats exactly what it was like for us.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Hurts dont it? :cry:
~ Mikaela Sky

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

i little, but it was good.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I pray at night for birdies to get parronts like us. And pray that the ones that do, somehow have an awareness that they are so much better off than fending for themselves in the wild.

They have it made. I wonder if they know it?
~ Mikaela Sky

Gemstone

Post by Gemstone »

i'm sure this little fella knows it. it's sitting on my chest right now sleeping, grinding his beak and sleep talking
iaowings

Post by iaowings »

I love when they sleep chirp. George will make this little soft noise sometimes wile he is asleep, usually when he has had a shower and is drying of in front of the electric heater.