building a cage - does size matter?

Moderator: Mods

feelar

building a cage - does size matter?

Post by feelar »

Hi,
ive just brought home a 2yr old INR called Bingo (thought he was a she but have since found out we have a boy!!!)
Anyway the cage we were given with him is about 2ft tall but we want to build a 6ft high 4ft wide ish cage in our living room (we have the perfect space for it).
I would like to know if Bingo will be ok with moving cages as he has spent all his life in his old one (he has never been out to fly apparently) and is there anything in particular we should do ie put his old cage in the new one for a bit?
Also is the size are planning too big or is the more room he has to play in the better?
Thankyou
Fiona
Ed Loschi

Post by Ed Loschi »

Bigger is better!
It sounds like you're building more of a aviary rather than a cage. Good for you and especially for the fid...he's gonna like that new space.
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

My Kalle lived in a small cage and were never outside and flew :cry: but I did just changed cage when he felt comfortable here, and now he has change cage agin and live in a home built one :D He really likes it and fly into it by himself when I I´m putting in them :D Before he was really hard to get into the cage..