All registrations must be approved by an admin. Having problems with registration? E-mail us at indianringnecks@gmail.com

Billie the wonder parrot part 2

Moderator: Mods

AJPeter

Billie the wonder parrot part 2

Post by AJPeter » Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:42 am

Today was the start of the new diet.

"Wot no corn flakes?"

I made my breakfast in the kitchen and ate it there afterwards l took a bowl of fruit into the LR and sat down with it, in front of Bille and pretended it was breakfast. She nibbled an apple and then took it back to the cage and ate some more before throwing it on the floor in her usual way.

I shall be doing this even when porridge is on the menu becasue there is too much refined sugar in my breakfast to share with Billie. At least when she dives to the floor with what l think is an hormonal attack l shall know it is not the sugar causing this, she had an attack today but l shall not worry for two weeks but after that it might be the vet.

This attack happened when she was scoffing her seeds, she cried out and headed for the bottom of the cage, l reached in and stroked her and she came up to the bottom perch but went back down again so l left her to recover in her own time.

Later she flew to the back of my chair and stepped onto the back my hand, l reached forward with my lips and she returned my kiss, she allowed me to stroke her head but this not something she likes and after l changed hands she gave me a nip and flew off, I told her it was alright I understood the nip.

Later l was playing the organ and she flew to my shoulder l turned my head and she gave me a kiss on my lips. Made my day!

We had stew and brown rice. Really it is the corn she likes, and afte clearing away the plates she called out and l told her it was too early for bed, but ten minutes later she called out again so at 5.15 l covered her up. She sleeps or is covered nearly 16 hours with winter coming on perhaps this is normal?

sanjays mummi

Re: Billie the wonder parrot part 2

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:13 pm

Wild birds go to bed and get up with the sun, Sanjay has a uv light and black cotton cover, so it is possible Billie is doing what the wild birds do, except, she gets up later than they do. I don't think they sleep as long as we do, say, on a Sunday morning, Sanjay gets a bit of light, his cover isn't thick or heavy, it just means he has no visual stimulation and stays quiet until I remove the cover, and switch his light on. But even on Sundays, he gets up at his usual 8am. So he doesn't disturb the neighbours when he joins in the dawn chorus.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:57 am

I have woken in the past at 4 am and inspected the plumbing l could hear the dawn chorus but Billie is sound asleep, even at 8.30 am she is not always ready and looks at me with bleary eyes as the cover comes off. We have large trees that shield the sun in the afternoon and l think leads Billie into thinking it is later. Today was day two of the new diet plan, and she was wise to the changes when l got back from church l made a coffee she watched every move. So l made up a plate of fruit and pretended this was my breakfast. She was not fooled, but because she has a lovely temperment she just accepted the change. No more milky cornflakes, or museli soaked in full fat milk for her.

However she joined me for dinner. We had Shepherds pie, well she had the corn l ate the rest. After she had her fill she returned to the cage licking her lips. She was paddling in her pool this afternoon but it was late ion the day and l said it would have to be a quick shower but she just stood on the clothes horse making no attempt at getting we under the arms so l gave her a good misting and called it a day I bought her back into the LR.

My downstairs neighbour tells me she can hear me talking to Billie and she can hear Billie when she calls. "Tough." I did not have the courage to tell her that l can hear her and her boyfriend having sex. But since l banged on the wall at 3 am in the middle of their climax yelling a couple of weeks ago
I have not heard them. There is nothing like banging on the wall to clear the air. Some years ago there were a couple of *** men in the flat below and they would bang on the wall as l played the organ.

I just turned the sound up.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Aug 31, 2014 2:18 pm

O the joys of communal living, sigh. Muesli is surprisingly fatty, and sugary, a lot of people think it is a healthy breakfast. Sanjay starts the day with a "Wot?" when I uncover his cage, and after a few ruffles and quick preen, he is ringing his bell, and having a sing song, which can be annoying if I am trying to talk on the phone, so if I am making a call, I give him a dried fig to nibble. Fortunately, my neighbours dont really hear him, I think its because I am on the ground floor, at the front, it isnt easy to distinguish his voice from the wild birds, and there are a couple of Jackdaws, or Crows around here who mimic him perfectly!. On more than one occasion, I have been outside, and thought he had escaped!, (sense would tell me this is just Not possible). :roll:

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 01, 2014 12:47 pm

Wot sense? However l was stuffing muesli down the hatch in the kitchen while Billie was doing her Magpie impression and scolding me, but before even that when the covers come off she just sits there blinking so l gather all the bowls together along with her swimming pool and take them out to the Kitch for a scrub when l come back Biile has shown her appreciation of the priviacy l gave her to do her ablutions ln private by pooping all down the front of the cage sometimes she manages to miss her perch. Sometimes.

Then l clean the tray while she sits on the back of my swivel chair warming her bum on the gas fire.
Then she flies back to oversee the filling of her seed bowl, if she is in a good mood she pushes open the seed door and I put the bowl into its holder and she pulls the door shut.

And if she is not in a good mood? She stares at me as if l were an idiot!

She really has gone for the sweet potato in a big way, she tosses out the brocolio and carts each piece of sweet potato to the top of her cage and eats it there. When l go shopping tomorrow l will look to see what other root l can find. She hardly touches the fruit l put out for her, l had to buy ASDA pomegranite but she has not touched that so it is back top Tesco/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:46 pm

Give butternut squash a try, but be warned, its a toughie to peel. Sanjay tossed his blueberries and blackberries over the side today, hey ho!, I can't Always get it right it seems.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:40 pm

Peel? Wow no wonder she does not like Butternut squash, I bought some boli or was it golie or it might have been Gooll wait a minute l will look at the receipt. Mooli, it is 2 foot for long and white. On the principle of MissK taste l tasted it. Yuk! It is like pasnip. Any way Billie does not like it.

She does not like the Asda pomegranite so l will have to go to Tesco tomorrow and buy some of there's, yet to try is kiwi fruit, and some squidgy things l forget the name, oh Passion fruit. She was sitting on my shoulder watching tv and l showed her the picture of a hansdsome Alexandrine in Parrots magazine, she leant forward and kissed the photo on his beak then made some clucking sounds l reckon she fancied him, but she got too amorous and bit the page so l told l will cut him out and paste him on the wall as the start of your new picture gallery. She was very content with this.

She sang a beautiful song looking out of the window, so l took the hint and deceided to buy a cage l can take her out but l had to explain to her that the cage will take weeks to come and by then it will be too cold to go out. She understood.

I was happily chomping on Polo mints and she saw me so l relented and gave her a tiny piece. when she went to bed l forgot to take out some card board and she was playing tag with it or it might have been hide and seek without lifting the blanket l could not see what she was doing.

Good old Sanjay, Billie says she would put up with it either.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:05 pm

Mooli is a radish, but to me it also tastes similar to raw turnip. Sanjay is indifferent to it, the most important things to him are seeds, and juice he can "suck", anything else isn't worth bothering with. My boss was very upset today, her little dog had to be euthanised at the weekend, he had cancer, he was the image of "Sykes" in "midsomer murder.", in some ways I am happy to think Sanjay should outlive me.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:38 pm

Billie will out live me but the worry is if l snuff it how long wil it take my friends to realize that l have been promoted and come and look after Billie, she has all sort of sticks hanging up a bowlful of pellets if she can get out from under the blankets she knows where the millet spray is kept She has plenty of water.

Of course it might mean relegation to a cabbage or worse some creepy crawly or a stay in hosipital comatose, l will worry about that after kingdom come.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:27 pm

Bit worried by Billie she seems to have skin problem and wants to shower more often. I misted her several times today and tried Aloe vera. She lets out a little cry and sits on the bottom of the cage l thought it was hormonal and that milk bought it on but she has been on a milk free diet for 5 days. She has had a little cheese but l think that will have to go until l can find the cause of her distress.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:10 am

It sounds as though her skin may be inflamed, and showers soothe it. Do you add rosewater and glycerin to her misting bottle?, a few drops conditions the skin,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:49 am

What l have considered to be hormonal is skin irritation, yesterday it came to a head, as l thought milk was causing the problems but some research in the forum that some one gave full fat milk to their bird because their fat intake was low. Aslo that birds suffered skin irritation from a low fat diet.

Yesterday Billie was on a lower perch when l uncovered her and three times she dived to the bottom of the cage sitting in a frozen posture. Then some one rang the front door bell and she was up like a shot defending me from attack. But later retreated tot he bottomof the cage. She did allow me to stroke her, but the second time l tried it l nearly lost three fingers.

So today l have scrapped her no mlik diet and she shared her cornflakes and milk with me and was very happy, also she had a good shower this morning with extra misting and aloe vera also some Johnson's feather preen stuff and she has been a lot better. No attacks or diving to the bottom of the cage.. I have a misting bottle ready in case she does have an attack.

So a lot of my reporting about hormonal attacks during the egg laying was false which is a great relief.

Where do l get rosewater and glycerine from?

Possibly becasue she had a bad night she wanted to go to bed at 5 pm, and although l watched the news at 6 pm there was hardly a sound except grinding her beak.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:16 pm

The purest rosewater comes from your health food shop, avoid the pink mixed stuff you see in some chemists, also, glycerin should be available in the same shop, or try the aisle in ASDA which has baking products. Only a few drops in tepid water are necessary. Sanjay has very little fat, unless you count vegetable fat, he never has milk. Fortunately he does not display the same behaviour as Billie. Its entirely possible she may still have some form of PTSD, after being chucked out of a window, and is nervy at noises etc.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:31 pm

Her first two or three years of life were very traumatic, Alan who had her before me for two years let her fly loose all day and when she wanted to sleep she had to put her head under her wing anywhere.
She shared the room with some canaries and a dog. I have no idea how she fared before then but the cage Alan gave me was very big and had a metal mirror with three bells and a 4 wooden blocks above a bell. So l think some one cared for her. Alan only gave her sunflower seeds no fruit or veg or other seeds. Still all that is in the past now as l have had Billie for a just over a year.

Holland and Barratt do not sell rosewater unless it is a salad dressing and did not know where l could buy glycerine, but l was walking past Boots and asked there and a kind lady found the last bottle. I put a few drops in the misting bottle, l use a recycled well washed out carpet shampoo spray it is ideal, also Johnson's cage disinfectant bottle is pretty good too. I topped the bottle up with warm water, shook, rattled and rolled, and misted Billie, lated she flew to my shoulder and cuddled up to me l think she was thanking me. I use the old Johnsons disinfectant spray bottle to mist flies they hate it and leave by the first exit.

Billie has again demanded to go to bed at 5 pm she is sleeping 16 hours a night, can they have too much sleep? Last year she only had 8 hours sleep but she was very bitchy and bit a lot, but even near christmas l was making the mistake of keeping electric lights on, which kept her awake.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:26 pm

I think animals, like children, should have all the sleep they need, sleep won't harm her, and if she is more affable for it, then it Must be doing her good. I bought Jack, my grandson, his own parrot from the charity shop today, a comical looking soft toy with velcro attachments so it can sit on his shoulder, arrrh! Jim me lad.,

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:49 pm

"SHREIK!!!! " Sanjay's comment. Thanks Sanjay's muumi for helpful advice

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:21 pm

Sanjays new words, "sorted" and "farty" supposed to be "Smarty", "sorted" comes out "forted" or similar tis funny tho'.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Sep 06, 2014 12:37 pm

Billie is pushing the bed time earlier it was 4.50 this afternoon. This morning when l uncovered her she headed for a low perch thinking she might be itchy l gave her a light misting, but it was not that and after l went out to the kitch she came up and pooped. I thought it looked watery, but her vent is clean.

I tried to weigh her today and bungled one attempt but after that she was determined not to be weighed. It is sad becasue when l first got her she said "Hallo" twice and after that has not said a word. I showed her some Alexandrines talking on youtube but she was more interested in exploring than looking.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:15 pm

When Sanjays daddi was alive, he constantly joined in or interrupted our conversations, now, he speaks rarely. Just when you think they've forgotten their words or priddy toons, they come out with one or few!.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:20 am

Jack Loves his toy parrot, and over lunch I asked him what name he would give it, "Sinbad" perhaps? Or good old "Polly"?, oh no, Jack replied, "Carrot the parrot".

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Sep 07, 2014 1:18 pm

Oh to be 6 again! Or a parrot.

The engineers came to fix my organ this morning and l kept Billie locked in her cage she took a lot of umbrage and stomped around in her swimming pool which gave me an idea after they had gone, l let Billie out and added a few drops of gelantine and rosewater to her swimming pool.

We had shepherds pie tonight, Billie loves the crispy bit and all the corn she can find. I set out a seperate bowl for her but just like this morning when she thought my cornflakes looked more inviting than hers. A case of my cornfakes looking greener than hers. The cornflake bowl has a wide rim and she just could not reach the crispy ones so she climbed on to the rim l thought for one minute she was going to dive in, or attempt to bathe in the milk.

She still dives for the bottom first thing in the morning I take no notice and go out to the kitchen to wash the dishes so she crows and l came back and find she has pooped on the floor missing the cage.
You have to be thankful for small mercies in our house. Or parrots

Bed time was 4 .30 this evening. Oh where will it end? Come Chrismnas she wont bother to get up!

Or a carrot!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:10 pm

Jack will be 3 next week. I hope the gelatine didn't set, I didn't get my preen or "cuddle" today, Sanjay took off for a long haul flight around the LR, it perked up his appetite no end!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:07 pm

Sorree you did say Jack was three it was me, but who can think straight when they are a parrot!

I think Billie is bluffing, when l uncover she is on the top perch but quickly descends and sits on the floor of the cage with a glint in her eye. I take no notice collect the bowls and take them to the kitchen to be cleaned. When l come back she is sitting on the top of her cage and pooped all down the side. Hormonal? My foot!

This afternoon she was making strange noises so l took her out to the bath room for a shower bur she was not interested, so we came back. Blow me down half an hour later she is paddling in her swimming pool. So l misted her with Glycerine and Rose water, but as l said who can think straight when they are a parrot. But she was not amused and headed for the top of the cage where she knows l cannot mist her because of the electic plugs on the wall.

I was out in the kitchen and talking to Billie in the LR suddenly she flew round the corner both of us were so suprised she could do this she landed on the floor. so l picked her up and took her back to the cage.

Tonight she was a bit annoyed l did not cover the cage when she demanded. I told that her l wanted to finish my dinner first. There was the usually tunnel digging noises until sudden it went all quiet.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:18 pm

Hmm, I wonder why?. Anyway, I got my preen and "cuddle" today, I think he knew Is been to lidl and had blackberries in my sholley when I came home.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:20 pm

Oct 6, gosh it is nearly a year since l joined Indianringneck.com will l get a medal for sticking it out until the end?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:24 pm

I take my hat off to Sanjay, Billie does not like most of the things Sanjay enjoys

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Sep 10, 2014 1:18 pm

Billie gave me an awful scare this morning. I uncovered her as usual and she was sitting on the cage floor. So l ignorred her and washed her bowls but when l came back she was still sitting there.

Yesterday l had bought two plastic cat balls with holes in them and stuffed them full of seeds one white/blue the other pink/white. This morning the white/blue ball was intact but the other she had chewed it to bits. And it looked as if some of the bits were missng. And she had not pooped yet and she is still sitting imobile. I reached into take the white/blue ball out and she lunged at me. Nothing wrong with you l thought. So l held her at bay with a long handled kitchen brush amd took all stuff out including her swimming pool. I took the tray to the kitchen to clean and when l got back she was sitting on the low perch.

I put the tray back and she climbed a little higher and pooped a big dollop. I could see no plastic bits which was a great relief! I think she was put out a bit by hte kitchen brush and she ignoored me all morning but did condescend to share my breakfast. But she wanted to be covered at 4 pm. I turned off all the lights to show her it was still daylight but to no avauil she still wanted to be covered so after that l dashed out to do some quick shopping.

The bus l was on crawled but eventually we got to the supermarket, l bought the stuff l needed and l waited hours for a bus home, but when l got home l saw it was only 3 quarters of an hour since l left.
Billie said nothing l thought she was asleep, so l got my dinner just a s l sat down she perked up and wanted out, and she shared my dinner.

I am determnind to take all nest building materials out before she goes ot bed in the future.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:54 am

Billie has started to rub herself on me just like last year but l am wise to her antics now and stop her as quickly as l can. She wanted to be covered up at 3 30 pm but l delay her by asking her to help me get the dinner. She does not like the oven door opening when she is sitting on my shoulder so we go back to her cage, and l continue with the dinner. Shepherd's pie tonight we both love that she got a bit of crispy cheese topping and lots of corn. Then at 4.30 she made it quite clear she wanted to be covered.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:03 pm

Ooh I say!, the little hussy, It seems a strange time of year for her behaviour, I would have thought Springtime rather than late summer/early autumn. Today Sanjay didn't retreat to the chandelier while I gave his palace a good scrub, he sat on top of the door the whole time. I found liquid laundry detergent works a treat at shifting sticky debris, it just glides off, then a good rinse. After everything was "sorted" he had a lovely sing song before sharing a piece of my cod.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:47 pm

Nice to hear from you again, Billie started early last year too. But l am trying to stop her as quickly as l can she sits on my shoulder and pulls the cotton out of my shirt collar and before you know it she has rolled the collar up and gripping with on foot she sways back and forth punching inside my ear and back, so as l say l stop it quickly.

Where do you get liquid laundry detergent? Oh yes l know from a liquid laundry of course! Billie usually retreats to the back of my arm chair when l clean her cage she can warm her rump on the gas fire as it is getting quite chilly in the mornings.

Tonight we had chicken and chip well she did l had chips also she had corn while l had Broad beans which she does not care a fig about. She wanted to go to bed at 3 pm but l told her that was too early so she helped me get the dinner organised. However she did manage to get covered at 4 pm.

She's a sweetie l put a empty 1000 pill plastic dispenser in the bottomof her cage to play with but she was very suspicious, l think she thought it was a bomb, she allowed me to put my hand in her cage and defuse it before we had a controlled explosion.
Only wind l told her.
Phew who farted? I asked her.
You smelt it, you dealt it, She said.
You said the rhyme you did the crime. I told her.
Ah well such is life,
but on a serious note do birds fart?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:56 pm

My late husband reckoned Sanjay did, but when we had dogs he blamed them too, so It didn't cut any ice with me. Sanjay quite likes a broad bean, but he has catholic tastes anyway. He had a good sing song today, even though it rained this morning, and he was very chuffed to be given prickly pears.Bedtime steadfastly remains at 8pm, he is very firm on that score.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 16, 2014 11:46 am

Does Sanjay get enough sleep? What time do you awaken him?

Billie moans like dickens if l watch Tv while she is covered at night, when she calls to be covered at 3.30 l think this is calling the flock in, l let her help me get dinner she likes a little cheese, some lettuce, she watched me grind up part of a hard boiled egg, l put some plain yoghurt in l offered her a taste but she turned her nose up at it, l left it in a bowl with luttuce and a small bit of cheese for her to enjoy a midnight snack. So I tuck her in at 4.30 pm.

Last year l made the mistake of keeping her up and l think this confused her to the season. So now l do not want heer thinking it is spring already and time to lay eggs.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 16, 2014 12:35 pm

Sanjay is uncovered between 8 and 8.30 am. Sometimes he has a siesta, but not as regularly as he used to.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:49 am

Sanjay is only getting 12 hours sleep a night. Maybe he can cope with that Billie has 15 hours.

I found a new thing she likes Aubergine (eggpalant) she does not like the skin, she had not eaten much of the vegetable dish including the mashed hard boiled egg and a touch of plain yohurt so l left the dish in for her to enjoy a midnight snack, and she ate the eggplant but not the skin, also the sweet potato disappeared over night but not the skin. But the mashed egg was still sitting untouched.

She went to bed at a more resaonable time of 4.45 tonight and tomorrow l have to go to the doctor at 3.45 pm so she wll have to wait untill come back for tea and bed time.

I find it a bit strange that in the 13 minths l have had Billie she has only spoken two words. Hallo twice. I have the idea that they speak when they are lonely and discover the warm praise and continue. Hens are more likely to speak than cocks

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Sanjay spoke more frequently when his daddi was alive, he sort of joined in conversations. He has started again, but infrequently. He doesn't mind aubergine, but prefers things with seeds.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:07 pm

Does Sanjay eat the skin?

I had to go to the doctor this afternoon which threw Billie's clock out of shape however she did go to bed at 5 30 which was not too bad.

Billie does sing beautifully especally when she wants something, l get the message pretty quickly so there is no need for her to talk. For instance if l turn the sound down on the Tv becasue l want to play my organ she squalls and looks pointedly at the tv so l turn up the sound a little.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:36 pm

Billie needs her fix of daytime soaps!, its a girl thing.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:28 am

Well she got out of bed on the wrong side this morning, l uncovered her a few minutes late and she was sitting on the floor of the cage and remained so a l cleaned the cage l did the upper part but she glared at me so l held her back with a long handled kitchen brush while l took out her bowls. I did not dare clean her lower perches. However the bowls were all clean and back in the brackets and she was still sitting on the floor of the cage. So l took her seed bowl out and was going to put it down beside her when she attacked me. Gave me a nasty bite, blood, pain, I dropped the bowl.

I shut the cage and covererd her up and walked out of the room. After a few minutes l could hear her calling so l uncovered her slowly sat down and watched the Tv. After watching the news I opened her door and took her out on a spare perch and left her on top of the cage while l got on with cleaning the lower part.

She managed to squeexe past my shoulder and made a b line for her seed bowl. Although she gave ne the eye she allowed me to clean the lower part of the cage.

But at breaksast time she flew to the table for her cornflakes. "Whoa!" I said/ "You bit me do you not have any comment to make?

Her reply?

"That's history!"

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:57 am

I dunno, talk about hormonal!. One of our RSPCA inspectors brought two adorable tiny kittens in today, semi feral. One was completely black and I was tempted, but fortunately I snapped out of it that teensy weensy kitten would grow up into Sanjays Bete Noir! Trying to sneak up on him like Sylvester on Tweety. I wouldn't be able to turn my back for five seconds!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:17 pm

They are all adorable as babies, but a wise choice.

I have decided that Billie's recent behaviour is the beginning of the mating season. Last year may have been the same but it was not until late October when Skye told me what Billie was doing was mastubating on me and l should discourage her. (Billie not Skye) Well this has started again, and is discouraged. I think the year will follow the same pattern as last year.

I am thinking of moving her into here for the winter. It is darker with a blackout curtain on the window also l can watch Tv late with out distubing her. But I shall wait for the winter as it is like an oven in the LR. However l must move items in her cage around, the only time she uses the bath on the cage floor is to tell me she wants a shower.

I have found that when she sits on the cage floor it is an attention seeking thing, there is nothing wrong becasue if l go out after a while she climbs up to her perch. Last year l thoought it was hormonal. I bought some 'No sugar added' museli it is disgusting but if Billie is going to join me for breakfast she will have to get to like it too, because we both have a sweet tooth.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:55 pm

If I had Muesli, Sanjay would pinch all the nuts from it!, but I cannot stand Muesli. I'm not a breakfast cereal person, I much prefer a cooked breakfast, and Sanjay enjoys a piece of egg. I would miss him terribly if I moved him to another room!, but his palace wouldn't fit in my bedroom, in fact unless it was disassembled I couldn't get it through the LR doorway, As I never get bitten, and only nibbled or nipped Very infrequently, there is no need. I count myself very fortunate, that If Sanjay Is female, I never have to go through what you go through .I would be tearing my hair out!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Sep 20, 2014 11:16 am

Hair for sale. Hair today gone tomorrow, Today has been disastrous.

This morning l moved everything around, her cage is on the opposite of side the room, her bowls are all over the place and she hates it. Also l gave her a Chinchlla nesting box to use last year and l dragged it out again this year as l thought she could hide in there. She went and kicked all the old cloths out but found one with a hole in it and trust her to put her head through and could not get back, l tried to get it off her and she bit me several times blood every where before l got some scissors and cut it off her, more blood.

Later she sat on the threshold of her cage and looked at me and looked at the box and this empathy we have l knew she wanted the box out and she did not bite me as l took it out. She joined me for dinner, she had corn and corn l had stew. After that she wanted to go to bed and kept complaining that she hear the Tv or see it flashing so l covered up with everything l could find but still she complained.

I thought l would put her in the bedroom with the blind closed but l sprung one of the wires at the back as l moved the cage and got a wheel caught in the carpet, so that was a no no, so back in the LR she went and l got more complaints so the only answer was to leave her in there no Tv and no lights and come in here, no Tv, but l have the radio and computer, also l have my air condtioner set up in here with the over head fan l can keep the BR on the cool side.

I shall have to move her cage back to the other side of the room soon and there were no complaints about the Tv there before l moved her and she does miss looking out of the window, she can be happily defending her rubicorn on the floor of the cage and a noise out side and she is up onto her perch and bossing around in a flash.

I must admit after moving her cage this morning she was well behaved and not territorial.

I shall have to consider moving her in here for the winter because she will want to go to bed earlier and earlier and that could be 3 pm, so l think l shall have to keep her in here full time that way she can got bed what ever time she wants and l can watch Tv in the LR, l could make up the sofa bed and sleep on that the only problem l can see is heating the bed room. I have a gas boiler on the wall which gets too hot, but l can always turn it off. it has a metal plate which cools down slowly. And l could use the computer in the afternoons and keep her company. But she would be on her lonesome while l played the organ. HELL

Any body want to buy a parrot?

Wait a minute l could buy one of those play stands with its own water and seed bowls she could sit on that while l played the organ and see out of the window, then we could trasnfer to the BR while l work on the computer and then she could go to bed in the dark BR while I watch TV in the LR.

No sale/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:16 pm

You worked your way through that nicely. Now all you have to do is put it into practice. The black and white kitten died, cat flu, the other one is being fostered, I just hope she hasn't got it.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:58 am

Sad about the kitten, we had to be on our guard in the pet shop as people were always offering us unwanted pets or pets that were ill and they did not want to pay for the vet bills. I made the mistake of taking in a rabbit with a runny tummy l cleaned it up the best l could but it died the next day. Sometimes we found rabbits on our door step. The shop was located in the a market and traders were always pushing their rubbish into our door way, one day l saw the big cardboard box blocking the entrance so l gave it a kick and found it was heavy when l looked inside there where two motheaten rabbits both over weight and full of fleas l dragged the box into out toilet while l thought of how to get rid of the rabbits.

Shortly after a RSPCA inspector in uniform came and said that they had a complaint that our rabbits were not being looked after properly. We had big metal cages and they were spotless all our rabbits were clean and dry well fed. He said okay it must have been a mistake. It was a good job he did not ask to use the toilet. I have already told the story of how a market trader took those two rabbits off my hands.

This morning Billie was very quiet and so on the sput of the moment l moved her cage back to her old place so she could see me coming back from church, all her bowls back and the mirror hanging on the wall. Just before l left she flew to my shoulder and streched her neck and gave me a big kiss. Sweet.
She has been well behaved today but wanted to go down on the floor. I thought that was better under supervision and l might be able to scare her so she would not ask again. Well l did scare her and she did ask again. There are so many places she could find to have a nest it scares me.

Had a virus attack from Indianringneck web site, but Norton spotted it and IE refused to open and l had to sign in again with pass word. So everything is now hunky dory.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 21, 2014 12:48 pm

Sanjay wasn't at all bothered when I went out again today, I do love his easy going nature, as long as he has everything he needs I can come and go as I please. The ideal flat mate!. When I was growing up in London, there was a Jewish quarter at Aldgate, and market called "Petticoat Lane", just off PL, was "Club Row" where pets were sold, beautiful healthy pedigree puppies. My dad bought my first dog, a Golden Cocker Spaniel from there, I was four, and recuperating from a tonsillectomy. Of course, trading animals like this is not allowed any more, yet pet superstores source puppies for people from Welsh puppy farms, shouldn't this be banned too?. Its not as though the customers are vetted properly is it?.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:45 pm

I used to work for a Jew Bernie Watson, in Whitechapel High street, I. Rinsler clothing wholesaler when trade was really bad we would stand at the front door, he would say "If we sold watches.." and l would say "We would be rich." He would say "If we sold washing machines?" l would say, "We would be rich." and after awhile Bernie would say "What do we sell?" And l would have to go through the smutter, it was Ladies clothing and Baby wear. He was a real character and we got on like a house on fire but when l left he told me l was like a son to him and he offered to make me a partner, he scribbled on a piece of paper and then said A 6% partner. I was thinking of 50% partner and turned him down. But if l had accepted his offer l would have been well off. He used to send me out to a Jewish fast food shop for pickled cucumber sandwiches but l forget what he called them. Motzer?

Once when trade was really bad every body who came into his wholesaler business got money, a Rabbi £200, a lady he knew £100 and so it went on he was down to his pennies when a gypsy came in and he gave her £5 for some "lucky heather"! I said to Bernie if we are so poor why are you handing out so much money? His answer? "If l don't God will only hit me harder!"

When l go out Billie makes a song and dance look sad, the downstairs neighbour said Billie keeps calling for ten minutes after I have gone, Bille calls to me as l come up the stairs.

As long as customers have money no one asks any questions!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:37 pm

I worked in a "Gown" shop after I left school, owned by a Jewish couple, they were Very Strict, only hired grammar school girls, and there was a rigid pecking order, one started as a "junior" on hosiery, then worked through lingerie skirts, coats and "day dresses", then to the upper floor, ball gowns, wedding gowns etc, they had a sweatshop on the third floor where alterations were done. If we recommended another shop, because we didn't stock what the "client" wanted, it was instant dismissal also if a "client" left empty handed. No tribunals and employment laws back then. Anyway, I didn't get sacked, I enlisted into the WRAC. My neighbours don't hear Sanjay, the location of my flat, and heavy fire door helps.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:04 pm

I took my "Creations" into a Madame shop in Bexhill by the front door. Inside was the parlor there were cubicles with a curtain where in the clients would sit, a model would wear an item and the curtain was drawn back. The client would indicate if they were interested.

But a member of staff intercepted me and said "Oh Madam does not allow travellers in the parlor!"
So l had to show my samples in the kitchen and l stepped back without looking and got boiled fish in milk for the cat all up my leg. Madam was smoking a cherot in the longest handled cheroot holder l have ever seen it must have been 2 foot long and she did not notice the smell. But l did!

My haute couture was mass produced so most madame shops were not interested. Do you remember Mantles? The wholesaler l worked for was Bradbury Greatorex, founded in 1815 but Courtalds bought our shares and sold our city warehouse for £6 million and lost interest in us they closed us down in 1984. I was made redundant in 1976.

I worked in the Ladies knitwear as first man but the opportunity came to go on the road so l transfered to Ladies Fashions l drove a Brougham. (A van with a hood over the cab) all my samples were hanging up if l went round a corner too quickly l could feel the van toppliing over. But it never did!

For a time l travelled in Ladies underwear, it was all right in summer but freezing in winter. After you left the WRAC (Women's Royal Automobile Club?) only joking l know it was a corpse, l was in the Royal Army skirt chasers for my national service did you go back into the retail trade?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:47 pm

No, I met my husband and in those days it was automatic discharge if we had the temerity to marry. So I spent extra time in Germany as his wife, and did not return to work for many years. Since then I've done many things, but not retail which I was over qualified for anyway. Having said that, I love this charity shop job, and was told that had.I been younger and not disabled, I would have been offered assistant manager job. Parrots magazine has some more interesting articles, and a sweet potato recipe I may get Sanjay to sample. Today I brought raspberries home, much to his delight.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:04 pm

I tried Raspberries with Billie but l ended end up eating them myself.

Billie gave me an awful scare this morning she sat on the bottom of the cage for an hour, she let me stroke her but she would not leave the sanctury of the edge of the tray, l did all the bowls, last l did her seed bowl and she came up and had something to eat and let a massive poop hit the bottom of the cage l cleared it up with some paper tissue.

After that she seemed all right. She has been pestering me with wanting to fly down to my carpet, l thought it best to lift her down. She went under my swivel reclining chair but every time she put her head up to see inside she got it clouted as l moved the chair. I have a long handled mirror l can see what she doing, l thought she was just cogittating near my feet but l discovered she has been biting chunks out of my flip flops.

She does not understand punishment, so l just put her back in the cage but now she has plucked up her courage and can fly down to the carpet, it is going to be hell but such is life.

I put the wooden chinchilla nesting box on the floor and she loved it and would not let me move it. l thought it would be better her using that than finding a nest in the inside of the organ.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:52 am

I can just imagine the strange toons that would come from the organ!. Sanjay never "does" floor, thank goodness. What do you call a Frenchman wearing sandals? Philippe Filoppe.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:29 am

Very good!

What do you call a parrot wearing sandals? Fred!

Billie has been a lot better today she did manage to take a chunk out of my finger this morning, l wanted to move her nesting box so that she could not be seen. "Alright to move your box?" I got the nod but when l tried to move it again she bit me.

Oh yes she said sorry after wards, l showed her the blood. Guess what? l put the plaster on the wrong finger! I had to go out shopping so l left her cage top open crossing my fingers she would not get into any trouble. She was ever so pleased to see me when l came back, she sat on my shoulder as l played the organ but then we went out to get breakfast and ate it together to show there were no hard feelings. But l ate the last cornflake and if looks could kill l would be dead by now.

This afternoon it was floor time but l saw that she did not like being on the floor with me out of the room but at 4 pm she said she wanted to be covered up and then started playing with plastic triangles, I thought it sounded like drums on the Mohawk when l could take no more l took the triangles away from her. About 5 pm she wanted to come out and we had dinner together, she was not all that hungry so at about 5.30 she wanted to covered again for the night and this time fell silent very quickly.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:06 am

This is the third attempt to write a reply, and l keep getting intrusion attempts from IRN web site so it has a virus. Hope some one can purge it.

I found Billie on the floor of the cage this morniong but l had been moving around for 30 minutes before but she was only down for a few minutes and then came up and pooped normally and was her old self again.

I had to vac the floor this morning and moved her box she came down in a hugh dudgeon it was blue
so l kicked her box out of the way. After l had washed all the plastic mats I played the organ with her on my shoulder and then we got breakfast, at first she wanted to go on the floor, l carefully kept the sweetner away from her side of the bowl but when she was down in her box l ate her cornlakes. She must have know because she flew up onto the table started to moan because there were no cornflakes left, some on the right though.

After breakfst she had a play on the floor. She has become a real pain biting chunks out of flip flops, l have moved all the elctric cables out of her reach and covered others but she has found fibre optic cable for the Tv. I have also covered the organ pedals and entree ports to keep her out of the organ.

I managed to divert her attemt at going to bed too early by persuading her to her help get dinner
but after we came back she wanted to go to bed and l covered her, she played with the plastic triangles for 30 mintues had a midnight nosh and it went all quiet.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Sep 24, 2014 1:04 pm

Sanjay had an "oo'er missus!" And "ooh I Say!" Moment when the binmen came this morning he is an inquisitive little "curtain twitcher". Other than that, we had an uneventful normal day, especially compared with yours, and we had roast chicken, of which Sanjay enjoyed a shred or two. I played keyboard years ago, but now we both prefer the radio or TV. When there is nothing more exciting outside our window that is!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:15 am

Billie is very nosey too, she can be on the bottom of the cage doing her wilting violet act and all of a sudden there is a noise outside and she is up and looking out of the window. Funny enough l cannot play a piano and only keyboard with a split. I taught myself to play the organ and now l play at least twice a month at my local church! I was told "You are better than nothing!" But nothing is better than me!

Billie wanted to be covered at 3.30 l told her it was too early but after an hour banging her plastic triangles and other noises she called out so l uncovered her, but she was not too happy with that so l covered he up again in stages.

I had to eat my dinner in the Kitchen, it was nice and warm in there, l could see the squirrells playing in the trees before bed but l was able to think of the good day Billie and l had. I arranged the cornflakes on the side of the bowl that missed out on the sugar (Tesco sucrose) and Bille was quite happy she scoffed cornflakes like there was no tomorrow.

Normally when she paddles in her pool l offer her a shower and she takes to it like a duck but today she did not want a shower and afer l brought her back she continued with the paddling/

I had a brainwave, smear petroleum jelly on all the elctric cables that l cannot move, she has not touched any today.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:10 pm

We smeared Vicks vapour rub on things we didn't want puppies chewing, but it would be toxic to a bird, they have no real sense of smell. You could have used an anti feather pluck spray, on a piece of kitchen roll and just wiped them. Nothing eventful today, unless you count chasing virginmedia Again, because my Tivo service was playing up. Sanjay likes the occasional honey nut cornflake, no milk, and I've Never added sugar to cornflakes of any description, they are naturally sweet.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:17 pm

That is a good idea, I'll get some on order, Anti feather pluck spray.

Billie has not been near the cables. l scolded her when she started to nose them the other day. Scolding does not always work as l keep telling her "Do not poop on my chair!" She says to me "What is yours is mine!" She did offer a place on her perch.

We have had a good day but this morning as usual she retreated to the floor of her cage and started mewing. I find getting her adrenaline working is a good policy l wave the long handled kictchen brush in her face. She goes potty when l do that. And soon after she climbs up and poops normally.
"Keep it off the cage." I yell at her and she replies "Its my cage I'll poop how l want."

When she had her old cage she would sit near her water bowl and as l offered her a cornflake she would dip them in the water. Even now she does not like dry cornflakes and gets quite "Iffy" until l pour some milk on them. Both of us have a sweet tooth.

She wanted to be covered up at 4 pm but l only half covered her and she had a good play with the plastic triangles, and then realized that she was not properly covered so told me in no uncertain terms and then l covered her cmpletely at 4.30. I was wondering whether the knows the clocks go back in October?

I had four mint plants on the window shelf in the Kitch and l have been telling passers by that they are canabis plants but nobody want to try the leaves. as they started to look dowdy (The plants not the passersd by) l have consigned them to the shrubbery.

Do you have problems with IRN web site and malicious attacks? Every so often l have to log in.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Sep 26, 2014 1:51 pm

If I clear All history I have to log in, but No problems at all. The all black kitten is thriving, the inspector wsd setting out to round up a few more including a "milky" queen, they seem to be concentrated in one area a rough neighnourhood. There is a houseplant called "Dizygothia" which looks vrry much like cannabis, and my mum accidentally grew some many years ago, when she cleaned her budgies cage outside, she had No idea what her "lovely" plant was they havent added cannabis seed to cage bird seed for decades, because of it.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:46 am

How interesting.

A sad thing happened this evening, there are some turtle doves nearby and people put food out for them but I came into the kitchen at 6 pm to make my evening meal and l saw a hawk devouring the carcass of a turtle dove o a public foor path outside my kitchen. It has a square tail dark feathers with white flecks, and feathers over its knees. A squirrel came and sat downnot more than 5 feet aways and l thought You're next mate, but the hawk flew off with the remains. There is a 8 storey tower block nearby, maybe is nesting up there.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:17 pm

Continue

I think Billie has a bowel problem, she has dificulty in passing a poop and will sit on the bottom of the cage mewing, but when l wave a long handled kitchen brush in her face she immediately attacks it but will poop after, her poop looks alright and for small poops dring the day she poops okay.

The vet said he dectected a murmur but an operation might kill her and that she would be all right with out an op. I am not taking her to the vets yet.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:14 am

Aww, poor Billie, poor turtle dove,, but that's the natural order of things I suppose. I have never thought of heart murmurs in birds, I know with mammals, the heart enlarges to cope with these things, as did my daughters Boxer, but at least your Billie will have a swift end to her life, hopefully not for many, many years yet.
When I arrived at work yesterday, I was peeved to find not one of the many morning staff had put the dog water bowl outside the shop, we always have a water bowl outside for passing dogs. When I told Sanjay, he was quite stroppy about it, started beak bashing his perch, squawking angrily, either what I told him, or because I didn't bring berries home. A new neighbour has moved into one of the upstairs flats, seems decent enough, quiet etc, long may it last!, we have had enough of armed police raids, and police dog hairs in the communal areas. Very exciting for the curtain twitchers, but even Sanjay gets belligerent when woken before 8 am.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:28 am

Poor Sanjay, lets keep our fingers crossed, is your land lord a social one meaning they have to take alsorts? My Housing Association claim to have run out of money and just round the corner out of sight the lady down stairs had her kitchen and bathroom windows broken and they have still not been repaired after 6 months but remain boarded up. We get our share of sirens, but lately they have been ambulances.

If l were a dog and there was no water bowl l would pee all over the front door! But l am not but that does not stop me from peeing all over the front door! Our birds are very expressive they tell us what they want, Billie has been a lot better today she had a bit of a panic attack when she could not poop. But she let rip a little later l said to her "Is that all?" I got a withering look.

She has been very amorous recently trying to find new ways to rub herself on me. When l discover what she is doing I make a big song and dance about it, but she still tries. Becasue she insists of going to bed early she no longer shares my evening meal. Most of what l eat is bad for her, actually it is bad for me too!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:49 pm

Your neighbour needs to go to the Police station and ask for a crime reference number, she passes this on to her landlord, then he/they can pay for the repairs out of their insurance, otherwise she must foot the bill herself, if she does this and the landlord does nothing, she must contact her district councillor, (details from library), and he will chase things up.
Sanjay has had an affable sort of day, punctuated with sing songs, this Indian Summer weather really cheers him up!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:27 am

Billie on the other hand or foot`is quite indiferent to the weather, all morniong she has been trying to think up a new approach to rubbing her self on me. I got so exasperated l told her "Do the that one more time and l will give you to the rag and bone man."

All afternoon she sat on the arm of my chair loking at me, she did not want a scratch but l got the feeling she was saying "You wouldn't? Would you?"

She does not like me looking at her but dives to the bottom of the cage, but if l ignore her she comes up and sits on a perch. Strange.

Thank you about that landlord stuff. I cannot remember her name but she said her boy friend broke the windows and quite likely she has not reported it so it stays broken. My downstairs neighbour Emma moved within the HA and she had to accept the place as it was.

People around here are reluctant to get off their back sides, someone has dumped a fridge even the gypos won't take them now.

All that stuff the Chancellor was saying about freezing benefits is really good Emma has a part time job and smokes cannabis but l suppose if she had a full time job she would smoke it all the time, the other guy was talking about a benefits card that was tried back 1970's.

When l worked in a department credit store in Deptford people would bring their furinture chitty around to the different shops and the one who offeered the most back in cash got the chitty!

Those were the days of the old doss houses the "Spike" so called becasue if you got a chitty form social servies you presented it to the doss house and they speared it onto a spike you could then go off and if you came back before they shut the doors at 11 pm and if you were on the spike they let you in and it you weren't ?

They did not.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:34 am

Forgot to mention Bilie is up with the big girls now she was stting on my shoulder in the Kitchen and flew back to the lounge, round the corner into the hall and round the corner into the LR! All with out my showing her. Phew!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:12 pm

Your neighbour doesn't have to "grass up" her boyfriend, she tells the police it happened when she was out, and doesn't know who broke them, and she needs a crime number to get them fixed. More money for cannabis?, people who smoke it stink, nobody gives them a job.
The ones who annoy me are the alcoholic junkies with self inflicted mental health issues claiming DLA and ESA. It robs those who are mentally ill through no fault of their own.
Sanjay now expects a cuddle in the morning And when he is out while I clean his palace, but he Will nibble my eyelids! And it hurts. He doesn't intentionally hurt me tho'

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:35 pm

Wow Nibbles you eye lids? how close is close? I got a really nasty bite from Billie this morning, "All right to take the water bowel out?" No answer but it looked okay so l put my hand in and Chomp!
Blood every where, l was so shocked l took my hand out and she was still clinging to it, she managed to grab hold of my trousers as we rushed into the bath rom and she climbed up and sat on my shoulder lickling her lips. "Look at what you have done." I told her she had a look. Miles of toilet tissue to stop the bleeding.

Eventually l was able to get a plaster on it.

Drastic cut back on priveleges. No more cornflakes, in milk or anything. She had another go at flying round corners today l shall have to watch the windows. I managed to get her flying back several times from my hand. The exercise will do her good. No more swimming pool until next year she has not wanted a shower in the bath room for a week, l told her "You will smell."

I put her nesting box on the floor under the table, it is not very dark but l hope it will keep her out of other dark areas. She has these heavy plastic triangles and has managed to bite through most of them, and loves to bang them at 3.30 pm for an hour l have not seen her masturbate on them but it is a different story on my shoulder she became such a pest when l was playing the organ l had to lock her in, but on her promise she would not do it again l let her out. But she forgot and grabbed my shirt collor which is a prelude to her rocking back and forwards poking her beak into my ear, so l had to give up playing.

We have a town drunk living on the other side of the cul de sac and on pay day (every two weeks) his friends congregate and their yelling goes onto the early moring. After three days he runs out of money and comes round and asks. "Can l lend him some money until pay day?" Not on your nellie I tell him. Sometimes l give him money especially the day before pay day but he hates accepting charity.

But what can one do with such people? I prefer not to have dealing with them, the lady downstairs offered to do my laundry but l value my privacy too much to take up her offer. Her tv broke and she woke me up with singing at 2 am, l just turned up the volume on ClassicFM!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:43 pm

The dog water bowl was Not put outside the shop again this morning I made it my first task. I Never give money to beggars, I might buy them a cuppa and sandwich but subsidise their drinking or drug habit? No Way!, its called "tough love". Yes, our cuddles Are "that close" and he let's me skritch his neck just behind his head. Maybe Billie is a closet vampire?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:33 pm

That makes two of us!

I have been reading the posts AJPeter and Billie the Hormonal parrot again Skyescrew recommended then l put the grid back in, this will shock Billie to the core as it has not been in for over a year she can keep her triangles on top, also make one of her feed bowl a water bowl for preening and do away with the swimming pool. Cut back on fat and sugar food, done. She can have a wooden stick ot chew but the bits will drop through the grid, there will be the dickens to pay for all this.

Once a week l used to go the Strand Theatre and had a meal in a local cafe, once l did not feel hungry so instead of wasting it l asked a man down on his luck if he would like it, and he sat at the table while l wrote up my notes. The following week there were two of them!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:03 pm

Serves you right!, a bit like neighbourhood moggies!. Sanjays grid is covered with pages of "The Times" newspaper so nothing drops through, and the bars stay do do free.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:41 am

Billie rips up news paper and kicks it out of the cage, she knew some thing was up this morning because after l uncovered her she headed for the top of the cage and pooped with out all that shilly shallying.

She watched the sliding in of the grid with despair, and l took out dog bowl she uses for a wash and put some water in one of her feed bowls for preening, later she was trying to do some skinny dipping in it so I took pity on her and gave her back the dog bowl back she dived in and got very wet. Funny enough she did not want a shower in the bath room.

Billie kept looking at the grid to tell me she did not want it so i ignored her, she became an absolute pest trying to rub her self on me as l played the organ in the end l gave up. There will be no more cornflakes for Billie l had my breakfast in the kitchen then l dashed out to Tesco and bought some pomegranites at 50p. Some dried Limes, I gave her one but when l was not looking she put it in a place she hoped l would not notice. Also some black Bursa figs, l cut one in half do you give it all to them, or clean out the seeds first? I also bought some clematines and more egg plant, but no more sweet potato!

The mistakes l made last year was to have the heating up at 75 f not to let her go to bed at sunset to name two.

Oh and l cut my toes nails today, the thought of some else cutting them fills me with dread as skin grows under them and l have to be careful otherwise l bleed like hell.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:12 am

I spear figs whole on a skewer, the seeds are the best bit, and Sanjay likes to forage for them. We went to bed at 6.30 pm last night, as we didn't get any sleep on Tuesday night due to noisy neighbour in the next flat, when I tackled him about it yesterday morning, he was rude, and made very immature remarks, so I reported it and logged it. They must have spoken to him about it, because he knocked on my flat door yesterday afternoon I refused to answer because I knew it wouldn't be an apology but an aggrieved moan because I'd "grassed him up". Anyway, Sanjay took his early night extremely well, and doesn't hate me for it.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:27 pm

Looks like you have the same problems as we have, Keep a noise dairy, the neighbours before Emma were hell, l think they were bloody minded becuase l complained to them about their noise at night before l complained to the HA. And in my letter to the HA l sent a month of noise and threatened to send a copy to head office. The lady below, Claire said she did not want to lose the flat becasue of my complaints, so l told her to stop making her noise. In the end she stabbed her boyfriend was arrested and lived with her sister while on bail and then got sentanced to 9 months. So l had peace and quiet for nearly a year.

Emma is not too bad she still allows the doors to bang but seems to go to sleep at 2 am and all quiet!

This noisy neighbour is it the one just moved in?

The dried limes are a no no and Billie did not touch the fig but l will have another go. Good old Sanjay our birds have such good natures.

Play some music it helps as a distraction, also cover up sudden bangs.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:18 pm

I don't play music at 1am because I'm asleep, and his racket started at 1am and continued to 5am, no, it is not our new neighbour, this one has been complained about before, by people in the house next door. No consideration at all. Anyway, today has been peaceful, and at one point I thought Sanjay had glued his beak shut with dried fig (he has both fresh and dried), he had it plastered around his beak, and didn't answer me when I asked him how he was, he always makes a noise of affirmation. So, seeing the sticky beak had a sticky beak, I got worried and moved closer, stuck a finger through the bar, and he opened his beak in protest, phew!. He had a shower with the spray bottle today, it makes him go all frisky afterwards, rather like a dog does after a bath, when you can't do a thing with them.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Oct 03, 2014 10:52 am

I put half a fresh fig in Billie's container and like all things she does not like it got the big heave ho, lets hope that what goes around comes around for your noisy neighbour, if he is awake until 5 am then he will not enjoy Sanjay being Sanjay and calling out at 8 am, l hope your neighbour gets his come uppance.

Today has been very interesting, after l took the covers off and Billie was jolly glad to see me, just like the old days. I showed her l was moving her box from under the dining room table where she stood gaurd in case my feet got too close well l moved it onto a ledge under the coffee table pushed close to the sofa.

Then l took out her bowls and washed them then the grid and gave that a good scrub. I did not need to do the tray because that was still clean, Billie watched but made no attempt to go down into the tray. I put the seed on top of the pellets. And confined her to barracks while l played the organ, she wanted to inspect her box and kept calling my only answer was Hallo l thought she might get the hint and say hallo too, no way.

I had breakfast on my lonesome and then relented and let her out she inspected the box but soon came out and wanted to explore. No way! I told her and the second time l had to use two perches to get her back in her cage.

She has not sat on my shoulder, and not tried to masturbate on me or her triangles. I think she has been a lot better today.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:36 am

Busy, busy, busy, sigh, so today I went to my daughters, she always cooks a lovely meal. Of course, when I got back, Sanjay demanded to know where his Birdie bag was.
Anyway, we had a feline photograph frame in the shop, printed with the following "Cats never come when you call, they take a message and get back to you", I suspect the same could be said of our Ringnecks.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:16 am

Billie used to like to listen to the answer phone messages, l have not played to her recently. I finally weighed Billie today and when l went to write the weight down in my records found l have not weighed for over 2 months.

When the vet weighed her back in january he said she was under weight at 257 grams, since then her weight dropped off slowly to the lowest March 225 grams in April if levelled out at 241 grams for 7 months. But now 05/10/14 she weighed in at 283 grams,m which is not suprising as she has been sharing my food, Corn flakes in full fat milk, Corn cooked and other cooked veg. Cheese/ Sweet uncooked veg like Sweet peas pie crust, sheperd's pie and stew with rice. Bread and butter for tea. And for a treat half a polo mint.

But now because she goes to bed so early she does not share my evening meal and this morning she turned her nose up at corn flakes in full fat milk she wanted to go exploring. No more mints, bread and butter well everything l eat is off her menu.

In the morning she is locked in her cage but after brunch I allow her out under supervison. But oh dear l have to jam books and files into crevices, this afternoon she was on her side scratching like mad to get past a box file into the inner receesses of the sofa! At one time she was just sitting there with her eyes closed l thought something was wrong but she was just having a doze.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:37 pm

I have never weighed Sanjay, or felt the need to, I would have to catch the little monkey first anyway, and he'd be traumatised. Sanjay prefers his corn raw and on the cob. Billie trying to squeeze into tiny spaces reminds me of a German Shepherd we owned who was brontophobic, also afraid of fireworks, the ones we bred were bombproof, we had recordings of loud scary noises which were played daily when they were still in the whelping box. But to see a large dog trying to squeeze into tiny spaces was quite upsetting. Billie should have a sign on her cage "I got this body on junk food", I cannot imagine Sanjay wanting half of the human food she was eating!, never mind, Billie is loved.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:16 pm

I think regular weighing is a way of discovering health problems early, but the little devil did not want to sit on the scales but l was able to throw a towel over her and pouncing quickly stopped her escaping. I carefully lifted her up and made sure the scales were working and lowered her down. She sat very still while l carefully removed the towel and l able to take a good reading. She is a darling.
I forgot to tun off the gas fire last night so it was quite warm in the LR this morning. I want to bring the temp down so she understands what winter is. last year l had the temp at 75 and this threw her clock out. She thought it was spring and egg laying time in January!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:10 am

Sanjay prefers to eat eggs, and the jury is out on gender, because I don't get hormonal problems from him. Today he has pineapple and raspberries on his fruit skewer, and I am so glad he has a UV light, the weather is nasty outside.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:47 am

Does he get a sun tan? Do you?

Billie has been very good today she waited patiently after l got back from the doctors, l only went for a flu jab but he told me l had to start counting calories. One and two button my shoe, Three and four some one at the door, Five and six pick up sticks, Seven and ate that reminds its dinner time!

I weighed my self today only 6 lbs over weight. I was quite amazed to find that 40 grams of porridge oats, 300 ml of semi skinned and 25 grams of Golden syrup are less calories than 45 grams of Museli and 300 ml of semi skinned! I have thousands of tins of Golden syrup in the cupboard waiting for a rainy day, OH! Look Its raining! Porridge is back on the menu.

Where was I?

Oh yes! Bilie spent three hours on the carpet trying to get past the box file, shredding my carpet, hacking chunks off the sofa and just enjoying herself. Then it was bed time/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Oct 06, 2014 2:39 pm

You have just reminded me to book my flu jab, I had the one off pneumonia jab last year. No sun tans, but it really has enriched the colour of his plumage.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:29 am

I spilt a glass of Blackberry juice on my desk and before I could mop it up it dribbled all over my keyboard and it now has sticky keys, shall l wash it in hot soapy water?

Billie is losing interest in the floor, she came back to her cage several times. This morning l discovered Asda were out of swedes a lady said Morrisons were too so had to go down to Tesco and got some there. Bought some more pomegranites Billie likes these they are from Spain.

It is too cold for salads so l have moved into steamed vegs, Billie used to enjoy my steamed veg but it was a mistake to give her hot mushy food so she will have to settle for the uncooked portions.

She was up with lark this morning and l had hardly uncovered her than she pooping. "Not on the cage!" Too late.

Did Sanjay get a jab too?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Oct 09, 2014 7:29 am

My flu jab is next Thursday, and Sanjay doesn't need one, he is extremely healthy and well adjusted.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Oct 09, 2014 10:35 am

Lovely sunset.

Billie and l have one mind with the same intent she sussed out the cavity under my swivel recining chair and l stuffed the cavity full of newspapers to keep her out!

Big mistake!

She had a field day dragging bits out what a mess, so l helped her there is not much harm she can come to inside the chair unless l use the recliner, but as was demonstrated this aftermoon l yelled out "Duck!" And she stood up and said "Where?" And got her head clouted as l swivelled the chair.

Afterwards she climbed up my trouser leg and enjoyed a scratch then went back to the affray. She has not bothered with her box today.

Yesterday l covered her up using a continental quilt to keep out the light and forgot to take it off. In the morning she had chewed through the bottom perch, it must have taken her all night she had a little doze this morning.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:40 pm

I'm not surprised! The graveyard shift is very tiring. Has her headache gone yet?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:58 pm

I dunno about that but just dug a grave for Norton 360, It kept coming up with Error 4308 and then suggested l uninstall and reinstall 360, it uninstalled but said it could not reinstall. I phoned Norton in the states and got straight through but he wanted me to pay £79 for remote assistance, no way so l bought a new Norton product cost £39 and after paying for it; Norton said they had found my accouint and if l entered the 360 product code l could have it back. Then of course l would have to get my money back for the new product, l tell you between Chris2 (my computer) and Billie (my parrot) l shall have an early grave.

Billie has been a charming lady all day.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:34 am

I let Billie climb up into my swivel reclining chair and then l lent it backwards she came out like a scalded cat it gave her a bad scare, she has not tried to get back but she climbed up my leg three times to say hallo and got a scratch.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Oct 12, 2014 11:32 am

I was reading that birds are afraid of the dark so l have turned her nesting box round so it catches some light, l showed it to her. I thought she would be a shappy as a sand girl butshe hardly gave it a glance but she has spent more time on my knee this afternoon she just as sat there for 20 mins, she had a bad night, she blamed it on the neighbours.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Oct 13, 2014 10:22 am

Why would birds be afraid of the darkness?, we lived near Rendlesham forest, no street lights or houses for miles, yet plenty of birds lived there, the only ones scared of the dark, were the prisoners who absconded from a nearby open prison, they would be so terrified they would return to the prison, and tell their mates they'd got caught. Sanjay had broccoli today, he loves it, but I'm not keen on the smell.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Oct 13, 2014 11:00 am

Well it maters not now as Billie has laid an egg. The vet said let her have her laying cycle. But give her plenty of calcium. Keep her warm and sedate.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:07 pm

I hope this will be her only egg, keep her sedated?, fat chance! Billie sounds to be a real character!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:41 am

The good news is that there was no egg last night so she is following the pattern one every other day.
Today was shopping day so she was in her cage all morning, I bought all her favourites, some extra sticks to chew on but l forgot to get any more paper on a roll so l rolled a news paper tightly and hung it up in the cage, but she has totally ignored it. Her egg is still intact although she kicked it into touch several times today.

Billie wanted to explore her potential nesting sites but l think she has settled for the one in her cage as the best, its a one bedroom downstairs flat with all mod cons, but not running water but that is just outside the front door, indoor loo but l have not seen her use it yet.

She has been very loving today, but wanted to rub herself on me which of course is not allowed, she sat on my knee with her eyes closed for a few minutes, and has allowed me to put my hand in her cage several times with out biting me. She was sitting on my shoulder but flew back to the cage to poop that was very considerate of her!

So l wait.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:16 pm

Sanjays hatchday came early, he was hatched in November, one of our volunteer collectors gave me a carrier bag full of unopened Nutriberries and Avicakes, we don't get bird rescues and they would have gone to waste, needless to say I made a donation to "pay" for my largesse. They are slightly out of date, but unopened, and vacuum sealed Sanjay thoroughly enjoyed sampling them this afternoon.I am very glad I don't have your problems AJ, I would be spitting feathers.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:18 pm

Its okay Sanjay Mummi l see it as a challenge, on good days Billie is little bird any one would love to have and on bad days she is still the best there is

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:31 am

Yes we have no eggs today!

This morning the floor of Billie's cage looked like a full waste paper basket, but by carefully draging a stick around l could see there was no extra egg. There is the one she laid two days ago still in the nesting box although judging from the noises today l think she was playing skittles with it.

Twice l put her on the floor but she did not want to explore but climbed up my leg. She has flown to my sholder while l was playing the organ and wanted to mastubate on me. I scotched her attempt each time, after that she was happy to sit in her cage with the top open.

I think she is content to see her egg still there, maybe one will be enough and maybe pigs will fly!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:04 pm

Yes we have no eggs today!

Billie did a lot of nesting box cleaning and she kicked her egg out, later she moved it to where she laid it in the beginning. I was sick to death with the mess inside her cage so l took the top off and took out her nesting box with her in it and put it on the floor l picked up her egg and carefully put it on the shelf. then l got a dust pan and brush and swept her cage clean. Earwigs give me the willies and one was in the bottom of the cage YUK!

A good clean and it was all back together, with Billie still in the nesting box. l put it all back but l fully expected her to attack me but she just watched me. I carefully put the egg back on the floor of the cage, it was intact not even a crack. Billie is a sweetie, Later she came up for cuddle.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:39 am

Yes we have no egg today. I like mine scrambled, I asked Billie "How do you like your egg in the morning?" Raw!

All that was left was bits of a shell.

She has been a real pest today intent on chewing the soles of all my shoes and when l did not wear any she gave my feet a nasty nip/ Ta! I tried some anti peck but that does not work, so l had to play with her all afternoon l was teaching her "CATCH!" I throw a stick and you go and bring it back after awhile she got the hang of going but would not bring it back and when l reached for it she gave me another nasty nip! Ta.

She knocked down the cuttlefish bone and she has been chewing on it and when l put her away l forgot to pick it up and all evening she was chomping on the cuttlefish bone. Can they have too much calcium? After devourijng that she chewed on a stick, anybody would think she was teething. I must have a look tomorrow.

"Open wide!" Fat chance.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:38 pm

Sounds promising, long may it last. "Lily Savage" aka Paul O' Grady once said she preferred her eggs unfertilised in the morning!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:16 am

Sounds good! I like my eggs sunny side up.

Since Billie laid an egg she has given up looking for a nesting site, she has been in and out of the nesting box in her cage scratching away but tonight she called me over and was standing with her beak on the box and l got this telepathic message she wanted it out so l started to wriggle it out of the door she even helped by pushing with her beak!

But she has been a real pain today wanting to masturbate on me. Abstinence won't hurt you l told her. She still wants to chomp on the soles of my feet, l am looking for an alternartive she can have safely. Wood is okay but some how it does not taste the same as smelly feet. Ask Miss K.

Recently Billie has been enjoying a new seed mix and the colour of poop has changed from dark green to pea green l hope this is a good sign?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:54 am

Egg is back on the menu, Billie laid another egg last night, l have not touched this one, l put some scrunched up newspaper in for her to make a nest but she ignorred it so l threw in some toilet tisssue she ripped that up.

At bed time Billie was hiding under the news paper.

She did not get much sleep last night well none of us did, noisy neighbour problem. The weather has changed it is cooler today. I do not like the warm weather.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:55 pm

We had a gorgeous day, with a lovely fresh breeze, the ladybirds have come out of hiding in my garden. Sanjay continues to nibble on his largesse, but he isn't allowed too many in one day. He doesn't "do" origami, preferring to beat toys up or play footie with the jingly balls on the roof of his palace.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:02 am

Sanjay is a sensible IRN not like the Queen, l uncovered her this morning and she was sitting on the floor of the cage, "What are you doing l?" asked her. "Well l am not pole sitting!" She was sitting on her egg.

Today has been a prelude to more egg laying l am sure as she was just sitting on my hand with her eyes closed. She made half hearted attempts to masturbate on me but l kept putting her back in the cage l think she gave up.

I am little bit worried as her pooh is very runny although it stiffened up later. She has been eating like a horse, scoffing the new seed mix as if there was no tomorrow, also she ate a lot from the veg bowl and even tucked into the pellets. She loves the pomegranite and that is all gone by the morning.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:23 pm

Bedford is a very diverse town, and I bought a bowl full of little pomegranates today for a pound, just the right size for himself, Halal chicken legs we can share, four for two pound fifty, and of course, the obligatory papaya and melon etc. when I get home with my sholley, Sanjay always comes to the cage door bobbing his head excitedly, "wotcha got for me, then?". On work days he stays on his back perch and says hello in his own way, so he is clever enough to know when I've been shopping or not. Billie must enjoy egg laying if she wants to hatch your chicks.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:48 pm

She is weird! So far this month she has laid two eggs, the first 5 days later she ate it, the next day l she laid another egg and l kept well away from it, however it was looking a bit ragged this evening.
Last night l left the gas fire on pilot it provides just a little heat but tonight l turned it off completely
I want her to realize it is winter and not spring just round the corner and to stop laying.

Oh well we will have to wait and see.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:34 am

Maybe the clocks falling back an hour at the weekend will help, although it has never affected our animals tummy clocks. It hasn't been chilly enough here for the heating to be switched on yet.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am

Oh dear, what can the matter be? Billie has laid another egg. One she ate, 6 days later she laid another and now 2 days later she has laid a third. In my my book that is a clutch and enough is enough l say so l have moved the cage and angled it across a corner. More drastic measures will follow if she lays another.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:49 am

I bought some vitamin liquid for Billie it will go in her food tomorrow. Today she has been very good, has not wanted to go on the floor but did want to land on my shoulder and tried to fly into my lap, she was having as truggle to get both eggs under her so l thought l would help by providing a perspex box that housed the note lets, they got the old heave ho, and l lined the box with cotton wool and gingerly picked her eggs and put them into the box, she was just sitting next to them and watched me.

But oh dear cotton wool and parrots do not mix, she got some over her head and got her foot trapped in some so I took the cotton wool out of the box and put in cut up strips of toilet tissue but she was not happy with this arrangement and started top pull out the strips, so l took out the box and carefully put her eggs back on the floor of the cage. I remember Ellie saying that once they sit on the eggs they have finished laying, I truly hope so.

How ever we have contingency pans in hand if she lays another egg most of her cage furniture will be taken out and if that does not stop her it will be a move into the bedroom which finally stopped her before and then it could be a visit to the vets.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:47 am

I think l have messed up, Billie was making weird noises tonight after l put her to bed so l reached in and stroked her but it was a bit awkward so l lifted her up and there was an egg under her. I do not know at the moment if this is a new egg (probable she was due to lay tonight) or one she was sitting on and she has been sitting on her eggs.

Have to wait until tomorrow. It has left me on tenter hooks.

I gave the cage a good clean this morning and when l put the tray back in l lined it with news paper, l have not done this since her old cage which had a rusty metal tray, but with this cage has a plastic tray there was no need to line it but l think Billie thought the idea really grand. She went round reading all the head lines as one does when you lift an old carpet and find 20 year old copies of the news papers, she was tickled pink, Although she did rip it in places mostly it was intact when she went to bed. I put extra crumpled newspapers in and that is why l could not see how many eggs she has laid.

Billie has not looked for new nesting site for two weeks and is not interested in going on the floor. But she still makes half hearted attempts to mastubate on me l keep saying "No thanks"

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:33 am

Phew! Billie has not laid another egg, this morning l had to go for a blood test, and umcovered her really early and she was sitting on two eggs, Later l gave the floor of the cage a good clean and there were only the two eggs!

What a relief!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:23 pm

Hopefully that's the end of that for another year!. Sanjay is really chuffed, fresh figs and prickly pear are available again, messy but yummy!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:37 am

Figs are not the tops with Billie she did eat a quarter well the inside left the peel I have not tried her with prickly pear.

Billie sits on her two eggs all day coming out for a stroke or a snack, she is more settled now, l gave her a squirt of water from the spray bottle she dived to the bottom of the cage and gave me a look of reproach that would have frozen the heart of the good mariner.

She likes to have a blanket wrap shutting out a lot of the light in the afternoons. I was quite amazed she slept through the fireworks last night, l kept popping back in to see if she was awake but not a sound!

Also she hates getting up in the mornings, this morning l uncovered her at the normnal time 8.30 am cleaned her cage and she did not stir except to poop until 10 am! She leads the life of O'reily.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:29 am

The clocks go back an hour tonight, so Billie and Sanjay will get an extra hour in bed without realising it. Yes, its the seeds inside the figs they love, just as its the seeds inside peppers, or on the outside of strawberries they crave. The staff at the charity shop are dressing up next Friday, I'm going as the bride of Frankenstein, a la Elsa Lanchester, what Sanjays reaction will be I dread to think! Especially to the wig.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:57 am

He would hardly notice :oops:

Billie was itching a lot today so she had a shower in the bathroom, and loved it and l misted her with that stuff you recomended. She is still sitting on her eggs, l dropped the kitchen brush on one twice but it seemed charmed.

Neighbour locked her self in and could not get the door open at 1 am she started to panic and was screaming and kicking at the door l persuaded her to put the keys through the letter box and opened the door from the outside, she was awake at 5 30 banging away with a hammer at 7 she went out and has not come back.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:30 pm

Oh good grief! We had an alcoholic neighbour who fell into her empty bath tub at 4 am she screamed blue murder too, couldn't get out, we couldn't get in to help and the fire brigade had to be summoned. Anyway, after more drunken antics, she was eventually evicted and died a year later. Sanjay Hates it if I wear anything new, he pretends not to recognise me and scares himself silly for a while, so he will Definitely notice. How people will react when I get the bus to work is anyones guess!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:39 am

I have heard before about birds biting because of a new hair style or change of clothes, becareful with Sanjay. Billie is siill sitting on her eggs every so often she calls me over, "Its your turn to sit on the eggs l want to stretch my legs." Sort of thing.

We have had a lot of alkys over the past 25 years that l have been here, one used to get his key ready and then fall over on his back all night still holding the key up! Others would collapse on the hedges, most leave a trail of empty tins and bottles and although they can be noisy most are quite harmless. The worst kind are those who earn extra money through prostitution and the drugs dealers and pimps they bring not to speak of needles and used condoms.

Soho Road has regular clean ups and they end up here but we have no empty properties at the moment.

And talking of the moment l am keeping to summer time so the Bille can have her regular time to poop, and this morning her poop was back to normal l think an elephant would be hard pressed to poop more. Some of my clocks are set to summer time and some to winter, it is fun trying to work out the time.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:09 pm

What fun, how confusing!. The PC term is "Sex Workers", not allowed to call them anything else these days. The alcoholic woman who fell in.her bath was a sex worker, but not harmless, she'd served 7 yrs for manslaughter, drowned one of her mates in the bath whilst drunken. Anyway, I won't be going near himselfs palace done up like a kipper so hopefully his fright fest won't last long. I'm surprised Billies eggs aren't whiffy by now.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:05 pm

You know l wondered what the funny smell was, l put it down to some under wear that had crawled under the couch. The eggs are intact, but l have not noticed them smelling, she has quite a job sitting on them both either one or the other pops out.

She had a lovely shower this afternoon, turning up side down on the clothes horse, l misted her as well and because it was getting late l used the hair drier, to dry her out a bit.

This morning she pooped on the news paper and as a reward she had some porridge made with milk.

Is your fancy dress Dracula's daughter or Frankenstein's wife? Either way you could easily be mistaken for a Goth! Is Sanjay going to get a fancy dress? Perhaps not Bille had some cloth she was chewing and got her head through a hole and she panicked.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Oct 27, 2014 3:29 pm

Bride of Frankenstein, with a dark high wig complete with white zig zag streaks, and white gown, no fangs, Sanjay will dust off his Dragonfart costume. We had fish today, which himself enjoyed a morsel or two, and fresh golden dates, not those disgusting overly sweet things churned out at Yuletide every year, eugh!. Glad Billie enjoyed her shower himself semaphored me for one yesterday. Today he decided to munch my top, but didn't shred it, I told him he could saunter on to my shoulder if he was so inclined, but he wasn't, preferring to sit on top of the cage door, as usual. Hey ho, in his own time.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:47 am

Phew! What's that funny smell?

You dealt it, well least said the better oh its all right its a dragon fart.

Billie said she wanted another shower but when l set up she chickened out. I was thinking today l could substitute her eggs with dummy ones but she ate two the last time she laid, they are made of chalk.

Went shopping today and half the things l bought l did not want, and half the things l wanted l did not buy, such is life.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:35 pm

Now That is definitely a guy thing, it isn't macho enough to take a shopping list. Dragonfart was suggested after he watched Dragonheart, and his daddi said he was too little to be Draco, and too flighty to go trick or tweeting. Oh, never mind.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:08 pm

Started alovely reply and then had big problems with Not Responding when l threatened to give it a big kicking and did a scan it has only just start to behave.

I do have an idiot sheet but keep losing it, l can hardly go round calling softlty "Here Here Idiot sheet. reminds me of the time l used to say when pushing a shopping trolley and bumbed into some one with a basket. "Shopping trolleys one, baskets nil!" Until l accidentally said it to a big man who theatened to black my eye if l said it again.

Which reminds me that on a crowded bus l used to say "Let a Gentleman get through." Until this man threatned to black my other eye!

I think you should let Sanjay go trick and tweeting.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:03 pm

I put it to himself, he said "only if Billie can come, I'm scared of the dark, there might be vampire bats about"

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:37 pm

Billie says she is too busy minding eggs, maybe another time?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:48 am

Well, that went down well, (phew), only problem was, a few young folk who've never heard of that 1935 movie thought I was Cruella De Ville!, working in an RSPCA shop?, must have been doing community service, I would have thought. Anyway, the wig and make up didn't scare Sanjay silly, he was absolutely fascinated by it!, made little clucking noises of approval.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:09 pm

Ellie,

That is good news about Janey, and thank you for asking the question about how long.... I have some news to share l thought l would go for a trial seperation, I put my hand under Billie while she was sitting her eggs she is such a sweetine she did not bat a hare or rabbit as I took one of her eggs away.

About an hour later she gave a bleat and stood up and rather pointedly showed me she only had one egg. I share a great empathy with Billie so l could see the trial seperation did not work! She has been flying to me a lot more but she wants to masturbate on me and each time l put her back but today she tried it on twice, the first time after repeatedly saying no with dire threats she flew back to the cage her self and the second time she pretended nothing was amiss and she started to groom on my shoulder.

What did you use for a nest? l have looked at all sorts of tin can, china bowls, plasric ashtreays but nothing will do, Billie copes with the cage floor.

OMG! I it is only 10 days since she laid an egg lthought it was at least 4 weeks. No wonder
she was upset when l took an egg away.

Sanjays Mummi

Billie purrs when l stoke her neck, l think it is great when they make noises. Today she sang most of the times she squeals like a dog. I have been whisling to her at dusk and enjoys that just sits with her eyes closed.

Glad your ordeal is over, but now Sanjay will expect you to wear your outfit all the time.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:44 pm

Well, it is the shop anniversary party next week, and its fancy dress, they want us to dress up as cats, oh puleeze!, rather than definitely putting the wind up Sanjay, I will simply dress in black and put cat ear boppers on when I get there. He is having sing songs and serenades me daily, its this lovely mild weather.

ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:03 pm

Hi AJPeter

I don't think you should touch her eggs or move/remove them as this may kick her back into laying. If she was attempting to masturbate, this could be a sign of her gearing up to lay some more. Hopefully she'll tire of the eggs herself. Janey is definitely showing more signs of returning to her normal self and she's been sitting in the nest for about a month. I've probably let her stay in there too long.

I bought an Indian Ringneck nestbox from a breeder that I attach to their cage. .

Ellie.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:53 pm

Hi Ellie,

I certainly do not want her laying again, it was a miracle she stopped this time, back in January when she laid 10 eggs she never got a chance to sit on them, now she is making the most of it. And she is quite happy to sit on Dummy eggs!.

As far a the masturbation goes l think the best policy is to stop her as quickly as possible l keep telling her+-+-++oops l have just dropped a crumb into the keyboard where was l ? Oh yes abstinence won't hurt you. But ever since last year she has tried it on, it is not something new. I was wondering whether instinct is telling her what to do, but what ever with me she has met something that her instinct would not cover. For instance she loves a bit of rough play but only if she is winning.

Hallo Sanjay Mummi

Where will it end, they will have you dressing up soon as Santa's elf, still if the customers like it then you are on a winner.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:12 am

They certainly do, and a photo of myself, the witch and the imp is being used to promote the shop on facebook. I'm no expert, but I would allow Billie to have a good wallow in being maternal, if it diverts her attention from you being their dad, that's all to the good.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Nov 02, 2014 11:15 am

Thanks for the tip, Ellie said taking Billie's eggs away too early could mean that Billie would lay again and as for the masturbation thing Bille came to my shoulder as l sat down to play the organ and started her routine grabbing my shirt with her beak and rubbing her rump on my shoulder l was just about to tell her off when she flew back to the cage.

I think Billie is jealous of the time l spend playing the organ because she makes no attempt to rub herself on me at any other time or place.

I left the cage open when l went to church and when l got back she was sitting on her eggs as if butter would not melt in her mouth!

This dressing up is the thin end of the wedge, come summer you could be wearing bathing costumes and pretending to be beauty queens.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:40 pm

Coo, no chance of that!, we have volunteers in their seventies and eighties, and I'm no spring chicken either. I may leave before then, I'm considering adopting a retired greyhound. Anyway, I once had a home bred Samoyed "girl" who hated it if I stopped to chat to someone, she would hump my leg, so it is entirely possible Billie is vying for attention, either that or she has different tastes in music.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:22 pm

Now that l realize she is jealous of my organ, l can let her play a bit more she quickly grows tired if l ignore her behaviour. I do not think she is masturbating on me and as you say it is attention seeking.

Our family had a collie which humped my 5 year old sister and my parents gave it away to a farm in Hertfordshire, the dog was name was Tiger and he signalled he wanted to come in by thumping his tail on the door. Well six months later we heard Tiger thumping he had runaway from the farm and found his was back well over 60 miles. My parents gave him back to the farmer and we never saw Tiger again/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:38 am

Neutering would have sorted Tiger out. But with girl dogs it makes no difference. All this about Billies eggs reminds me of "Ice Age, dawn of the Dinosaurs", where Sid the sloth adopts dinosaur eggs and even draws faces on them, has Billie got access to crayons?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:03 am

Ha Ha you are getting quite funny in your old age, no she is not allowed crayons she might draw all over the walls. I was watching this wild life film a couple of days ago and animals were scent marking there terriotory so l thought Bille was marking hers telling my organ that l am hers and the organ and l are not to make eggs, but tonight she proved me wrong, she would not take no for an answer. But after awhile she flew off and sulked in her cage.

Don't tell Billie but she is sitting on dummies. I have been giving her vitamins and she has improved a lot, mostly she poops from the top of the cage she gets really upset when l try and move along to avoid the perches. She has quite a sparkle in her eyes or it might be a glint/

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:03 pm

Oi! Old age indeed!, speak for yourself!. Dummies are ok, she can still draw faces on them. I have been making pomanders, and Sanjay couldn't understand why I wouldn't give him a piece of orange, even though he has his own. So he opted for shares of my yogurt instead.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:52 pm

Sanjay sounds like a real character he out shines Billie, today l put fresh water in one of her seed bowls just to make sure in case the bottle tube dried out. All of a sudden she started to splash water over her self although there was not enough room, I huriedly put her bathing tank back in but she ignored that and she refused a ride on my shoulder to the bath room for a proper shower, instead l misted her inside her cage she loved it hanging upside down on the bars. This was about l pm.

Then she went down and sat on the cabbage leaf on her two eggs, still wet. I covered her a later at 4.30pm and the final cover at 5 pm.

I did try her with a nesting box carefully putting her then one egg inside but she pushed it out and then ate it so these two eggs l have not tried the nesting box again but she seems quite happy to have them on the floor of the cage, but today she knocked down the cabbage leaf and pushed her eggs on top.

When she stops sitting on her eggs, l will wheigh her she has not been eating much, the quantity of poop is well down on earlier days, this morning she got me worried because she did not poop straight away but about two hours after her breakfast. It looked normal.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Nov 05, 2014 1:12 pm

In the wild, her mate would make sure she ate, but this is different, I doubt if she will wither away, and I'm sure she will make up for it once this is out of her system. Sanjay is indeed a character, he makes visitors laugh with his antics.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Nov 06, 2014 11:38 am

It was cold last night, so l dragged the nesting box out of stoarage and put it back in her cage, l can turn the opening around so she is shielded from the TV, and it is darker in there but she is not keen judging from the nosie coming from within l think she is trying to bite her way out.

However in front of her l put her eggs in, at least they are off the cage floor and it will be a little warmer in there for her. Day 29 after laying.

I was pleased as Punch when she pooped at the proper time and agoodly too. In fact she has been pooping all day. Billie is showing a healthy appetitie although she is not interested in greens but she does eat all of a 1/4 of a pomegranite.

Good old Sanjay, I tell Billie about Sanjay she is green with envy, Oops! She is green.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:16 pm

I have hardly seen Billie all day, there was a strange digging noise come from within the nesting box sp l turned it around so l could see what was going and an irate Alexandrine came out allowed me to stroke her neck and went back in again.

Still l was able to get on with a load of chores, took the trash out, got my winter clothers out of the cupboard above the stairs and put away the summer clothes. Claimed the rebate from the Warm home front it is worth £140 and will be paid in March.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:31 am

Its paid much sooner, I got mine a few Weeks ago, March is the cut off date. Anyway, it was bitter here yesterday, the shop wasn't heated, I felt a bit sorry for wild birds. Sanjay lets me scritch his neck, but not for long!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:10 pm

They really love us, this afternoon Billie was happy as a sand martin in her nestbox thinking about what names to give her chicks l was watching TV and dozed off. I awoke to discover Billie was sitting on the head rest gently pulling my hair! She declined a neck rub and flew back to the cage.

How sweet is that?

You cannot work in an unheated shop! The man who owned the pet shop, only had the heating on for the Macaw who sat in his cage shivering with a calor gas stove in front of him, when l complained the owner said "Move faster!"

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:11 pm

Charming!, we don't have a fan for summer either, it wasn't as bad today, that bitter "leaf picking" wind has dropped,the boss has the door open she says it is more "inviting", yesterday the floor was carpeted with leaves. Billie sounds funny and endearing, Sanjay is cheeky and saucy, but loveable.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:49 am

Billie comes for a neck scratch, but she is artful and will turn the situation so she can rub herself on me. She purrs when l rub her neck and head. She has a bit of an itch on her shoulder and she sighed when l rubbed that part.

I bought some Pitachio seeds at first she did not like them but now she does so l will keep them as a reward for good behaviour. Billie sits on her eggs all day and all night but when she comes out she has a big stretch and a nosh, and then onto the pomegranite and some times a quick sip of water, she prefers the water in her seed bowl which is filtered, the water in her bottle is tap water, can they tell the difference?

The winter fuel allowance £200 is on the way but l was talking about the Warm home grant which is £140 off your electicity bill next March. Our pet shop had a shutter and no front door, one winter l wore two sets of long johns and vests, because l wore a trilby people thought l was the boss. Your boss will lose his volunteers if he continues to make you suffer in the cold.

Each of our birds have their own manerisms and we love to bits.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:50 pm

Isabel my manageress is lovely, it is not her, it is the "big boss", and She is never around, but has a nasty habit of turning up. I WAS referring to the 140 pound, I got mine a few Weeks ago, the cut off date is March, the 200 is due by the end of this month. We watched the Cenotaph this morning, as soon as Colonel Bogey started, so did Sanjay, he loves that toon, and sang along all through "Tipperary" too.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:35 am

I wish Billie was tuneful, she squeals it sort of says Hallo, Goodbye, Turn the sound off all in one but she does purr when l stroke her neck. She flew to the back of chair again when l dozed off for 40 winks l think l was short changed. She does chirp when she want the light off.

I did not know they paid the home front grant so early, oh well it will come when it comes.

Billie scoffed a quarter of pomegranite by lunch time, so l gave her another quarter, she could not believe her luck. She is still happy sitting on her two eggs l read some where that the incubation period is 42 days, l wonder is she knows this? Better still, does she know she is sitting clay eggs?

Some new tail feathers are growing, I'm a bit worried this signals a moult in the wings or all over.

Billie came over and became a pest while l was playing the organ so l ignorred her rubbing herself on me and when she could not attract my attention she flew off! When she flew to the back of my chair this afternoon as soon as she ascertained l was alive she flew back to her cage!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:04 pm

When I scritch Sanjay, he makes funny little squeaking noises, he is a squeaky toy on legs. Female
dogs moult heavily after giving birth, they look terribly scruffy, we always expected our neighbours to call the RSPCA out!.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:07 am

I asked Billie what she wants for Christmas, She answered "Just you." But l have a wooden toy and a block of sun flower seed from Wilco l shall wrap up for her. She can enjoy ripping the paper off.

This morning it was still dark when l woke her up, she demanded another 10 minutes. And got it! She has been chomping on the cuttlefish bone, this may mean either another egg or a moult or maybe she just fancied some calcium.

She has been pulling a rope toy to pieces making nesting materiel, l told her you bolting the stable after the horse has bolted.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Tue Nov 11, 2014 2:50 pm

Sanjay likes undoing knots best of all, at Yuletide he will get jelly pots from Santa, and a shred or two of goose. I don't bother asking him what he wants, he always says "surprise me"

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Nov 12, 2014 7:59 am

Yay! Sweet chestnuts are back on the birdy menu, nom nom!

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Wed Nov 12, 2014 11:34 am

If nothing else then nothing will do, sweet cheshnuts Billie is not keen on, she will eat a little to show good grace. And l bought a load and froze them. She has been out of her a cage a lot more today, she was trying to squeeze into a water filled seed bowl so l gave her a good soaking from a mist bottle, she had several several neck scratches and just sat on my shoulder preening.

I had a rope toy which she started to shred, l thought l would help her by undo-ing all the knots but l should have left it alone as now she ignores it. Ha!

When she is in her nesting box l call out "Are you all right." She squeals back, "No l'm half left."

Big problems with IE (Not responding) l just click the IE tab again and another Browser appears. It knows l will click the tab again of it misbehaves.

What is the BBCode, should l disable it, or is it like the scout code look left look right look left and what about Do not parse URLs l parse turnips they feel a lot better afterwards so how about URLs?

4 already how quickly these pages go when you are enjoying yourself!

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Wed Nov 12, 2014 2:11 pm

Coo! Don't ask me!. Do you cook the chestnuts?, I give them a boil, just to kill off any nasties before I skewer them, it softens the flesh and brings out the sweetness, himself has been gorging on them today.when I ask Sanjay if he is alright, he answers me with a little noise, it used to make daddi laugh. He also makes a "thank you" noise when I've cleaned his palace and put fresh food and water inside, its become a habit now for me to reply "you're welcome". Sanjay is a very well brought up chickster, I would thank his birdy mum and dad if I knew where they are.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:40 am

Billie has got a lot of noises none of them birdy but she squeals and pips and purrs, so we get along.

Today l thought she was playing skittles with her eggs, it has been 33 days and counting but she has been out of the cage more, she ate a lot from her fresh veg bowl, including a chestnuts how ever l will give them a boil to see if she enjoys them more.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:04 pm

I tried Billie with boiled cheshnuts, she is not keen. She has been very loving today she wanted a neck scratch and another then l saw her trying to climb into a seed bowl full of water so l misted her good and proper. Then l gave her some Johnson's super preen stuff.

I decided to weigh her today about once a month. l put the scales on the table and told her what l was going to do. But she hung onto the cage for dear life, eventually l prised her off the cage and put her down on the scales they showed 285 grams. Then she was off.

I told her that was not good enough and we will have to do that again, and she let me put her on the scale without struggling and it read 285 grams! You are too heavy l told her she replied "Big Bones"
but l was quite suprised she weighed 283 in the beginning of Oct just before she laid 3 eggs and ate one/ I have been keeping her off fatty foods/sweet/etc but l suppose sitting on eggs all day she is not getting enough exercise.

We had two visitors but she dived into the box until they had gone.

Is pomegranite fattening?

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:22 pm

I doubt it, pomegranate is a super food. Today Sanjay had his raspberries dipped in organic Greek yogurt with honey, very nom nom!, he loves them. Sanjay gets lots of exercise, he flies inside and outside his palace, and does a lot of climbing around too. I am waiting to see what other unusual seasonal fruit and veg our Asian market stall have to sell.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:14 pm

Billie used to like yoghurt, but she did not like the greek style with honey, when l first got her l tried some fir cones drizzled with honey but as soon as she tasted the honey she dropped the fir cone! She is always climbing prefers that to flying, l like the way she runs along a perch one foot in front of another that take some doing!

Billie gorges on a pomegranite quarter l have to put another quarter in, they hang from a spike. I steamed some cheshnuts tonight to see whether that makes any difference.

sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi » Fri Nov 14, 2014 4:29 pm

They can eat them raw, but make sure they're properly washed. Yes, they are very droll in the way they sidle, and walk, Sanjay sometimes leans back but stretches his head forward its extremely funny to see. We both laughed at his "aye aye?" Or I should say "eye eye?" Whenever something new or different is introduced to his palace.

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:19 am

I always hope that Billie will talk, l say "Hallo Hallo Hallo" to her often but she does not pick it up, l think she knows that l know that talking parrots are only mimicking words. By the way Bille took one bite into the steamed cheshnut and dropped it on the floor, it was black inside, so in future she will eat them raw. I usually cut them in half to make sure they are not rotten.

No such luck when l cook them in the M/w l eat them on cold and frosty morning on the way to church.
Maggots and all.

Just for the record what is worse than finding a maggot in a cheshnut?

AJPeter

Post by AJPeter » Sun Nov 16, 2014 11:42 am

I have started a new thread. Billie the wonder parrot part 3. the last one was getting too long.