Our girls: Ekkie, LCA, IRN, and 'tiel. Dialup beware

Moderator: Mods

MonknSharona

Our girls: Ekkie, LCA, IRN, and 'tiel. Dialup beware

Post by MonknSharona »

Hi all. I know I've posted these pics before but I just read another post here of someone wondering if there were only three ekkie's on this board. Someone metioned that "someone who joined a while ago" had one, so I'm not sure if that was me or not. :) So, here are some repeat pics. :)

Ruby is our Solomon Island Eclectus; got her when she just turned one year old; her previous owners didn't want to make time for her any more. So, we got her.

Okay, now on to the rest;

Lily is our Lilac Crowned Amazon. We've only had her a few months; her previous owner passed away and she's female. That's the only info we knew when we got her but we had to take her. She'd been passed around to several families over the span of a few months and no one wanted her. So, here she is. Once she was settled, she went to the vet, checks out OK considering her age. :) SHe has an import band as she was wild caught and was imported in 1971!!!! So, she's an old gal, but that's OK. We still love her! These are pics of her on her first day here. She was kept in an old rusty small cage so that's what she's standing on; her first time out of it. We didn't know her name but we named her Lily.

And here are those repeat pics of Posey, our IRN. We got her when she was two years old and have had her a little over a year now. This bird was wild as a buck for almost a year and finally tamed down. We got her from a breeder, who got her from another breeder, who got her from another breeder; all these folks tried to breed her but she just never would do it. So, none of these particular folks wanted her anymore. So guess what...she's ours now. :)
this is her with my husband on her first day. She flew over to him and just sat there but if we moved, she'd go nuts. :) She was pretty scared.

And now little Miss Paisley. I got Paisley as a birthday gift about nine years ago. She was given to me in a little box; we were not at all prepared for another bird (at that time we had to budgies and that's all). But we changed our lives around and made room for her. :) She had just finished hand feeding and was the sweetest little baby. Now, she's bossy, she's sassy, and she rules the house! :)
This is of Paisley and her pal, Picco, who passed away a couple of years ago. They were the best of buddies.

So, that's it for now. Sorry for so many pics! :) I hope y'all enjoyed the show!
Lots of snails, fish, cats, GSMD, and the fids: Paisley, Ruby, Posey,Lily, Weasley,Simon, Mork & Mindy

www.eversoledesign.com
www.thecreaturefeature.com
http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/2 ... rsole.html
Renate

Post by Renate »

I love your pictures!! :D Specially that with your ekkie with all those teddy bears. Halarious!! :lol:

God loved birds and created trees.
Man loved the birds and created cages...
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

OMG they are so cute! It was me that ask if it only were three ekkies :D
MonknSharona

Post by MonknSharona »

*mia* wrote:OMG they are so cute! It was me that ask if it only were three ekkies :D

Ha, that's cool! :) So, I suppose there are now four?! :) That Ruby is my baby!! We've had about a year and a half now and just adore her; well, I do anyway. My husband could take or leave her; she attacks him whenever he is near me.... or whenever he's not near me. :) She's quite the hormonal little booger but she's my girl! :) All my girls are "my girls"...even the ones that would just as soon take my finger off as they would anything else. :D
Lots of snails, fish, cats, GSMD, and the fids: Paisley, Ruby, Posey,Lily, Weasley,Simon, Mork & Mindy

www.eversoledesign.com
www.thecreaturefeature.com
http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/2 ... rsole.html
~*Gwennie*~

Post by ~*Gwennie*~ »

awww! I love the one of the Ekkie in the pizza!
~the stubborn one~
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

OMG how cool! I own an albino and an ekkie too! Way awesome. I have a male though, my ekkie that is...

Dani Prinny Bodi
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Welcome to our family!!

*puts up a few more perches for the new flock*
kosejentan

Post by kosejentan »

WOW So beautiful pics of your birds!!!! Just love them!!!:D
Pamela with 2 budgies, 2 tiels and a baby Indian Ringneck named Jia
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I keep looking at your Ekkie and falling in love...makes me want a female! *smacks self* NO NO NO I already have two...*blushes*

Dani Prinny Bodi