Cant find what im looking for. Help please

Moderator: Mods

Rebecca harry

Cant find what im looking for. Help please

Post by Rebecca harry »

Hi there. I recently wrote a post. I was asking for help on my two irns. Which now seem worse. Today my two little boys fed our irns with seeds off a flat hand. My male jacko came practically straight away and was quiet happy to sit and feed. As for my yellow female. She held back at the back if the cage. After a while she came down and bit my blue irn so hed move. And he did. Thn she looked at my boys hand mouth already open and bit his little fingre. And not letting go. My boy was really brave he didnt scream but said ouch and removed his hand and shut the gate. Also with my blue irn and can put my face upto cage and come to me and bows his head. My yellow will try to bite through cage. Dont know what to do. Untill my yellow is tame i cant take my bkue to the next stages. And i know he is willing to
MissK

Re: Cant find what im looking for. Help please

Post by MissK »

Why cannot you just remove your lutino from the room while you train if you feel she is holding back your blue? Or vice versa? Or leave your lutino caged and cover the cage?

I do think your birds would both benefit from being worked separately. Also, your lutino should benefit from watching your blue go through his paces and model the desired behaviour. If they are caged together you may consider caging separately. With a conspecific at home, your lutino may have little motivation to seek an understanding with humans. Needless to say, you should also try to pin down what's scaring her.
-MissK
Rebecca harry

Post by Rebecca harry »

Yes. That what i will do. I will get another cage and place them next to each other. I cant pin why shes afraid. I do have 3 young boys but they dont seem bothered. There happy playing with there toys and not flying around cage. Ive noticed from the time we had them that my lutino has always been the more timid one and more aggresive. She gives quite a nasty bite not a nip. She grives and gives a long pinch. Which drew blood to my little boys fingre
eckythump

Post by eckythump »

its a good idea to separate them, it will probably calm the yellow 1 down and make him/her more dependent on human contact, u may be amazed at the results, good luck
MissK

Post by MissK »

my lutino has always been the more timid one
So, there you go. We know she is not confident and we know the unconfident animal will take steps to protect herself from perceived danger, so we should certainly keep the little boy fingers out of harm's way.
-MissK