Hi from AKLD NZ

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

parebear

Hi from AKLD NZ

Post by parebear »

Hmm where to start?

I now have 3 IRN's, one handraised female blue (captain JACK sparrow, my son named her before we knew lol), one female grey green (SWAG, my teenage daughter named her :roll: ) and one male green (TROY).
Jack flew to my partners shoulder while he was at work and would not fly away and that was the beginning of our relationship with IRN's. After weeks of advertising and hoping to find her parents who had obviously spent a lot of time and effort raising her, we decided to keep her rather than sending her to the already overloaded bird sanctuary. Initially, she loved me best (I take care of her) but it seemed to happen almost overnight without any warning she started biting me and cooing at my partner. She loves him best now, and I accept that. Shes bossy and grumpy with me, and not very friendly to the other female (Swag).

We recently got Troy who seems to get on with both females but he interacts more with Jack. However, half the time Jack coos at Troy, the other half she tries to attack him. One time she actually bit his foot, and made him bleed, then they turn around and start doing this kissing action. Its all very confusing really.

Jack lives in her own cage, we dont trust her around the other two. Swag and Troy live together in their cage in relative peace and harmony, yet Troy doesnt seem to display any of the same kissy behaviour with Swag. Does this mean Troy is interested in Jack? Or does the fact that Troy and Swag cohabitate in relative peace and harmony show his preference for her? Its all very Days of Our Lives lol.

YAY for first posts!
and YAY for IRNS
Skyes_crew

Re: Hi from AKLD NZ

Post by Skyes_crew »

Hi and welcome :D

You have quite a soap opera going on there :lol: maybe jack is sneaking behind swags back with Troy... :o
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

Doodlebug

Post by Doodlebug »

:o Wow what a lot you have going on, it must be very entertaining at your house, at least you don't need the TV anymore!

It is very confusing at times with IRNs isn't it, well I can certainly agree anyway. My young IRN is snappy with me too, you never know what mood he is going to be in at the moment. I feel a bit like a battered wife nervously expecting her husband home any second every time I open his cage!

You'll have to keep us posted on the happenings and complicated love lives of your birds!

Welcome, by the way lol! :D
Loo :)
Dixie-1

Post by Dixie-1 »

Hi and welcome I will definately stay "tuned in" LOL :D
Just takin a break !

parebear

Post by parebear »

the whole drama has settled. Troy and Swag have been caught in the act! its really a cinderella ending with hopefully little fluffers at the end of it. Jack no longer tries for troys affections. stay tuned lol