I'm new, I live in central Queensland Australia!!

Moderator: Mods

CMGaviaries

I'm new, I live in central Queensland Australia!!

Post by CMGaviaries »

Hi guys I have 2 pairs of ringnecks: 1st - pastel violet lacewing cock x blue hen. 2nd - violet hen x blue hen. My 1st pair have laid 3 eggs but only 2 fertile so chucked the other one out. I have since put one of my infertile cockatiel eggs and they are now very interested in box. I am really excited as I have only been into birds 2 years and Ringnecks since the beginning of this year and have only bred budgies and cockatiels before so is my first time breeding ringnecks. Also I am wondering whether to buy another pair both are pastel lacewings and have eggs now but breeder wants to sell when they pull chicks out to handraise at 2 weeks and I will be able to get them mid way through September, will this still leave them enough time to breed again? Thanks everyone I hope to have fun on this forum
Melika

Re: I'm new, I live in central Queensland Australia!!

Post by Melika »

Welcome to the forum! Sorry I don't know the answer to your question, but the breeding forum has all the people who do know. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
ringneck
Site Admin

Post by ringneck »

Hey,

I'm moving this post to the breeding section. :OP

First, welcome to the forum! We are glad to add you to our ringneck family. As for your question, I don't think they'll breed till next year. Once the babies are removed and the parents are moved to a new location, the stress alone will kick them out of the breeding mode. So if you're asking will they breed a second time this year? I would say the chances are very small. :wink:

Good luck on your breeding adventures. We can't wait to read more of your posts! :D

Best Wishes :wink: ,

IMRAN-C
CMGaviaries

Post by CMGaviaries »

Thank you guys, my 2 eggs are due to hatch in a week and so excited! I have recently bought a Ringneck and everyone says its cobalt but a few saying blue, I would like to get everyone on here's opinion but its not letting me post pictures :( I am excited to find out what he is, am about to send his DNA of as he is only 12 months old :) my violet x blue pair still aren't doing anything which I'm not too happy about. Also thanks for your advice about this pair as this is there first time breeding but are 3 yrs old so will pass on them as I only wanted them if they bred again because they were cheap but not colours I like and not worth the wait.
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

CMG

Your "cobalt" just compare him with the blue you already have, if it is darker then the blue then you could have a cobalt on your hands.
If you like to post pics anyway, because you're new to the forum you will not be able to post pics for a week or so and 10 posts but you can email me the photos and i can upload them for you
send to ringneckATtechemail.com
I'm an Explorer
10% luck, 20% skill, 15% concentrated power of will, 50% pleasure, 5% pain$ and a 100% reason ..I just gotta know