For Dani, Alice...

Moderator: Mods

Mazziemom

For Dani, Alice...

Post by Mazziemom »

Here's Alice's first shower with her brother....

Her first day home...

Her favorite place to perch...

And, Alice wreaking havoc on my desk :)

She's such a wonder baby, I just adore her.

Athena
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Oh thank you so much! I so want an alex! They look like they are such angels! Of course you look at Mazzie or Baby and think the same thing :wink: I've wanted a 'larger' bird ever since I got Prinny but haven't really had the space for one. I do now...so I am seriously thinking of getting one. I don't want to go to Macaw size or even Grey size but I think an alex would be the perfect size. Do you know what the min. cage requirements for one are? Of course I would be buy the biggest cage possible to put one in but it helps to know the min.

Dani and Prinny
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

I'd say a minimum of 3x3 ft.

They are active guys, and bigger than you expect.

And, Wendy's babies are big babies. Alice is a big girl compared to some of my friends Alex's.

Heres Alice and her brother on my friend, so you can get an idea of how big these guys run. Lisa (my friend) isnt a little gal, she's 5'8" ;)

Or on the shoulder of my other friend...

Notice, both of em are big. Thats Alice in the front BTW LOL.

I have a pic somewhere of Alice and Buddy side by side, she's almost double his body length. I'll see if I can find it and add it.

Oh, and another plus for Wendy's birds... she raises them around a bunch of other species, so they take to other birds really well. Alice can safely play with just about anyone who will safely play with her. She is sweet as can be with the little IRN's. Now, Prinny may end up like Mazzie and hate other birds, but if she isnt like that... she'd have a playmate.

Another thing is toys... before you ever get your baby home stock up on chewable toys. Lots of wood. Alice goes through at LEAST a macaw sized wooden toy a week. She is a chewer, her brother is the same way... and I've heard that her parents are pretty darn good too!

Athena
Twinkelstar

Re: For Dani, Alice...

Post by Twinkelstar »

They are so cute :D
Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

Another question...since you are the expert here :wink: Did you have Alice sent to you by mail? I know Wendy is in TX right? I obviously couldn't pick one up if I did get one. How much did it cost your or did you even do it?

Dani and Prinny
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

the alexs are beautiful birds :D But I think Alice is my favorite :D
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

Alice flew to me ;)

Ok, so she got to ride in a carrier on a plane, but it was flying.

I think the flight cost me about a hundred dollars, it was a bit more for my friend who got Alice's brother, since she's one state farther.

I was very nervous about shipping, but since I have a friend who lives right by Wendy she made sure it went really well. She didnt need to though, Wendy does such a good job setting them up. Alice's carrier is the bomb! It was set up so very well to protect her.

If you do buy from Wendy don't forget to get some sprout mix from her too. Her babies are raised on it and they LOVE it. All our birds love it, but Alice goes totally nuts!

Athena
*mia*

Post by *mia* »

Do you have a picture of Alice and a IRN?? I was woundering how big diffrent it is in size...