Normal morning behaviour.....?

Moderator: Mods

lola13

Normal morning behaviour.....?

Post by lola13 »

My IRN goes a little crazy in the morning climbing all around the cage attacking anything toys and cage and sometimes makes loud noises.

She's got plenty of toys which I move around and also just got her a new swing. So I know she can't be bored.

Is it just normal morning behaviour?

I plan on having her out when I get curtains put up. So hopfully shell calm down with a daily does of being out the cage.
sippy11

Re: Normal morning behaviour.....?

Post by sippy11 »

My bird Nila does this too. She does it because she normally covered at night and it's her way of saying I'm wake, I'm here let's play. Well that's what I think :-)

Now that I think about she also does it sometime when she wants our attention :-)

I hope this helps :-)
lola13

Post by lola13 »

Hey

Yeh that sounds like her. She's covered at night and once its of thats it's mental time.

My Lola isn't tame but when I'm talking to her its like she's dieing to come the front and play with me but is just unsure on my intentions.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I really thought she was mad or bored of me
maakk

Post by maakk »

sorry m gng off topic....
actually wanna know at wat time do you ppl cover ur parrot's cage???
coz my parrot's cage is in our living room and we generally hang out there only till 10 or 11 at night....and she gets disturbed in her cage. as i dont cover her cage....now it seems tat i should also cover her cage....so just wanted to know the timmings...
lola13

Post by lola13 »

I cover her cage as soon as it gets dark. I've watched her and as soon as the sun goes down she starts going to sleep.
sippy11

Post by sippy11 »

I cover her cage around 7 because that's when we are all pretty much finished in the room she's in :-) and uncover when we get up :-)
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

Sanjay is covered at 8pm, he always indicates with body language anyway, you would think he could tell the time!. As for mornings, as soon as the cover comes off he stretches, then has brekky (including some of ours), then chortles and sings loudly for an hour or so.
lolagirl

Post by lolagirl »

I usually cover Lola's cage at around 8:30... when she's ready for bed she goes into her cage and chirps really loudly at me (I take it that she's ready for bed) so I tell her goodnight and cover her up. I also uncover her when I get up in the morning. But that time changes cause I work shift work. But she's uncovered and out of her cage by no later than 8 am.
birdynamnam

Post by birdynamnam »

Birdly goes to his cage at 7:30ish at night when I cover him up and tell him good night. Birds normally need about 12 hours sleep. We have Birdly's cage in the living room so we are still up for a while, doesnt matter. Cover them up and they snuggle up. The morning behaviour is just happy birds waking up to a new, exciting day. The best for birds is having a routine and they know when they wake up in the morning is breakfast time and play time.