Starting to Worry...

Moderator: Mods

Crayon Parrots

Starting to Worry...

Post by Crayon Parrots »

My little guy should be fairly weaned by now...and was doing well eating big kid food but now has almost completely stopped. He doesnt look like he's drinking water like a big kid either. He will eat his baby food still but thats about it. He also sleeps alot. He doesnt act sick or anything, just acts like he's still a very young baby. He also asks for the baby food a lot like a small baby. Last weekend I had to work all day and thought he would be fine since he was eating and drinking on his own. I came home to find him half dead, but he was ok later that night after lots of love and food and warmth. I dunno if that traumatized him or maybe he's just slow. He's very excited to see me on my lunch breaks and I feed him his baby food and he flies to his spot after and goes to sleep. He's about 10 or 11 weeks old. Im used to having conure babies so maybe Im just expecting him to grow fast like them. I dont know but It worries me! He's just no where near as active as my conures when they were his age, and they weaned a lot faster. I really dont think he's sick at all, just off or slower progressing than Im used to.
jazzmyringneck

Re: Starting to Worry...

Post by jazzmyringneck »

Wow look at that he is one cute thing look at that pic it looks like he is smilling !
MissK

Post by MissK »

Is it an option to consult with the original breeder?

-MissK
-MissK
Crayon Parrots

Post by Crayon Parrots »

He's still being treated as an unweaned baby. He's not eating or drinking like he should be on his own. Last week he was eating a good amount of pellets. Now he just wants baby food.