information about an online breeder

Moderator: Mods

superfrank

information about an online breeder

Post by superfrank »

I'm thinking of purchasing a baby IRN from thebeak (dot) net this spring IF we're moved into our new home by then.
I'm wondering if anyone has ever purchased one of their birds, or if any breeders on this forum have a professional opinion of them. If so, were you happy with the bird you received? Are you satisfied with their breeding practices?
They are located in southern Califonia, and seem to be on the up-and-up but it is the internet, afterall, so I wanted to double check.
--Frankie
LadyCalypso

Re: information about an online breeder

Post by LadyCalypso »

Hi I have purchased most of my birds from Pat at thebeak.net She is very knowledgeable and is kind to answer any questions you have her birds are great healthy and beautiful you will not be disappointed :)
superfrank

Post by superfrank »

Thanks LadyCalypso! Thats pretty much all I neede to hear :mrgreen:
Were your birds hand tame when they arrived? Also, what clors did you get! I'm just overwhelmed by the choices!
LadyCalypso

Post by LadyCalypso »

I purchased my lacewings aka pallid hens and I have a grey cock silver cock and cinnamon grey green hen and a silver hen all from Pat at the beak yes I am sure they would be tame the ones I bought were breeders so not tame :) but she is great and as long as you let her know that you would like a hand fed pet she will surely get one to you I am pretty sure she hand feeds all her chicks just some are just not good for pets for one reason or another so she sells them as breeder birds ;) but as for color she has just about any that you would want just depends on what your preference is let me know what you get also I will pm you my name you could tell her you talked to me If you like :) she is a good friend
superfrank

Post by superfrank »

Thanks so much! After all that, I'm downright excited to get in touch with her! Also, if you could forward me some links to any helpful websites about incorporating a second bird into a home that would be great. I want a male this time, but don't want the birds to overly bond with each other or breed.
LadyCalypso

Post by LadyCalypso »

I sent you a pm also maybe others have Ideas on here on how to introduce the two but keep them from breeding I am not sure the only things I can think of is to house them in separate cages next to each other and let them out to play together and then put away for the night again but not sure great question though I hope others post some Ideas :wink: My problem is getting them to like each other and produce healthy offspring :mrgreen: so a little opposite from what you are wanting I guess good luck post pic's when you get your new bird