Potential offspring from new pair

Moderator: Mods

Youngspud

Potential offspring from new pair

Post by Youngspud »

I am pairing together a dark green cinnamon/ino with a violet green hen, and when I was stuffing around with the gen calc it said there could be a D violet(sf) ino cinnamon bred from this pairing, just out of curiousity what does this mutation look like?
rod038

Re: Potential offspring from new pair

Post by rod038 »

It will be Yellow (Lutino) as will all the Hens with Ino in them as that masks all the other mutations. The problem you will have is that these Lutinos genetic make up may not be the same but you wont know for instance which one is carrying Violet or which one is just Cinnamon and so on as they all look the same. I would use a Cock bird without Ino with the Violet Hen.
Youngspud

Post by Youngspud »

Yeh I thought ino masked violet, thanks rod
Recio

Post by Recio »

Hi everybody,

That bird (Dark Violet SL-Ino Cinnamon) from that pairing must be a female.

In this special combination the masking effect of SL-ino is overrided by the presence of cinnamon allowing to see a bird with a greenish colour. This colour probably is enhanced by the presence of structural mutations (Dark and Violet) ... but this is a bird difficult to see because most breeders do not want to add Ino and/or Cinnamon in their breeding programs since those mutations are colourless and/or could mask other valuable mutations better expressed in blue series birds.
If you ever get it do not forget to post a pic.

Regards

Recio