cage size dispute

Moderator: Mods

cassie.c87

cage size dispute

Post by cassie.c87 »

Hi all. I'm living with my mother in-law while I hunt for a new house, at the moment I have my IRN in a rather small cage that I brought to transport him, he has room to hop from one perch to another, spread wings, has toys etc but I want to move him into a larger cage. My problem is I have only had him a few days so he still bites me and my mother in-law thinks I should keep him in this cage until he stops biting me and learns to step up... As far as I know he could just be bluffing me an that could last a while and I already feel bad he isn't in a large cage. Will he be ok in this cage for a week or so until I can talk her into letting me bring a larger cage into the house?
sanjays mummi

Re: cage size dispute

Post by sanjays mummi »

No wonder he is stroppy!, and if you keep him behind bars until he stops biting you will wait a very long time. Anyway, he needs a big cage asap, especially as MiLe will not allow him to come out and stretch those wings. I hope you
find a place of your own soon. :wink:
cassie.c87

Post by cassie.c87 »

Thanks for your reply.
she told me the main reason she didn't want another big cage in the house is because she has three in the lounge room but I talked her into letting me put it into the kitchen/dining room for now YAY I'm always in there lol

Oh on a side note I put some application in for houses today :p
cassie.c87

Post by cassie.c87 »

YAY I got a new cage! it's perfect size for him and I brought a play gym for above it, I think the change has also affected his attitude as he's far more relaxed and wiling to be handled more :D
sanjays mummi

Post by sanjays mummi »

That's brilliant news!, I hope he loves it as much as Sanjay loves his palacial pad.
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Big "Like" !!!! :D
Regards Deb