Quiet one year old not pinning much

Moderator: Mods

VictoriaJean

Quiet one year old not pinning much

Post by VictoriaJean »

Hi, been reading here for awhile ( since I got my IRN ) and finnally joined.
My questions are about my baby kokopelli, I got her 3 months ago off a
backyard breeder for $30, she was apparently untame but had been handled a
little when she was young, they didn't have the time to properly take her and put her
Back into their outside aviary where she was for 4 months before I got her.
She has her wings horrendously clipped, all primary and secondary feathers lopped
off and is missing her tail feather, apparently from the other birds picking on her.
She is a year and a bit old at this point, at first she was scared of us and bit quite a bit but it
Only took me about 1 week to get her settled, she now trusts me I can scratch her all over
And pick her up with one hand on top and flip her over ( when she gets into trouble or stuck somewhere) without her minding it too much, she preens both me and my fiancé, I'm astounded
How good she is, she is napping on my chest atm, she pretty much gets free run of one room, she sleeps in the same place on her playstand and waits for us to pick her up to get off 90% of the time.
She really doesn't make much sound, she sometimes sings quietly to us in the morning and chirps to us before bed. She did screech when adjusting but i havnt heard her do it in weeks. It seems I've lucked out and found the perfect bird, quiet, affectionate and well behaved.
My only concern is that I don't really see her pin her eyes, I've done some basic sight tests and she defiantly sees fine, I can see dilation when she is focusing on objects or when interacting with us but never actually pins them, my partner recently got a 2 year old blue IRN who likes to screech and mimic sounds including whistles and will repeat noises we make at her, I've noticed her pinning and the difference between Them is dramatic. Koko doesn't dialate to small dots. I'm concerned if this could possibly be medical, sorry if I'm rambling a bit. Any help is much appreciated.