Will a grey cock breed with green lacewing hen

Moderator: Mods

alyce reilly

Will a grey cock breed with green lacewing hen

Post by alyce reilly »

Hi everyone, will a grey cock breed with a green lacewing hen? Basically I had the grey cock with a blue hen and he was dancing an feed her but then she turned on him so I took her out and put another hen I had spare with him but now he is trying to dance and feed another hen that he can just see through a bit of wire, any advice on this would by much appreciate as the green hen is beginning to chase him. Thank you
McmillanBirds

Re: Will a grey cock breed with green lacewing hen

Post by McmillanBirds »

Hi there

You have 2 options regarding your male that I can think of:

1) put up something between the avairies so he can't see the other female and hopefully bonds with the one currently in the avairy with him.
2) if the other female has not paired with another male, try pairing the two together.

I had the same problem and ended up swopping my females around. I didnt put anything up between the avairies though.
I have 2 pairs that fight between the the wire and putting something up definately helps. Out of sight, out of mind.

Regards
Carmen
alyce reilly

Re: Will a grey cock breed with green lacewing hen

Post by alyce reilly »

Hi, thank you for replying, I have put up some dark plastic so he can't see her so hopefull he turns his attention to the hen that's with him. The hen he is dancing has already pairs up with my violet and she is a cobalt. Thank you again I'll keep everyone updated, fingers cross all goes well.