Hello

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

rms0706

Hello

Post by rms0706 »

Hello I'm a new member. I just recently purchased a ringneck baby. He is currently being handfed and isn't ready to come home yet. I'm so excited. This is my first ringneck, I currently have a cockatiel. I haven't named my ringneck yet not sure if male or female yet. If anyone has any good names I'm looking for suggestions. Glad to have found this great website!!!
Charliee

Re: Hello

Post by Charliee »

What colour is it?

You will be delighted! Indian Ringnecks are beautiful!

~

Welcome to the forum! I hope you enjoy your stay!
.Welcome To The Forum.
rms0706

Post by rms0706 »

He or she is green and is showing blue on the long tail feathers
TweetY

Post by TweetY »

Welcome from another newbie. thats a nice colour. i got a yellow.
Charliee

Post by Charliee »

That's pretty cute!

My two year old male is green with a blue tail and yellow under feathers! :)
.Welcome To The Forum.
TweetY

Post by TweetY »

can you post a picture? ive never seen an IRN of that colour. to be honest ive alwasy known them as green only, few months back i saw a yellow and blue and since then im in love with them.
rms0706

Post by rms0706 »

As soon as I figure out how to resize pics i'll upload one. I don't have one that shows his tail. Next time I go visit him i'll try n get a pic of his backend (0:. I can't wait to bring him home. I get to bring him home the end of this month. Right now he likes to cuddle, I really hope he stays that way.
kimijean

Post by kimijean »

New babies are lots of fun. I weaned my first baby. She's now 4 months old and is a creamino. Tomorrow I'm getting a baby turquoise. S/he is still hand feeding 3x a day. :O) I'll DNA test to find out if it's a boy or girl.

Kim
rms0706

Post by rms0706 »

I'm waiting for the DNA test to come back to find out what my "Pickles"(we just named him/her). She recently just started biting and screaming when I pick her up. I'm going to try and go visit her more until she can come home. Is this normal? Pickles didn't do it when she was real little. Still being hand fed. I have a few more weeks before she can come home.
rms0706

Post by rms0706 »

Well I brought my baby home on Saturday and the DNA test came back and it's a boy!! He's doing really well. He steps up when out of his cage, but getting him out of his cage can be a little struggle. Any suggestions to get him to step up easier in the cage. I know time is probably the answer. Also what is a good treat to give him when he steps up? I tried millet but all he does is try to step on that. I tried to post a picture but I can't seem to get any to load.
kimijean

Post by kimijean »

YAY Pickles! Do you ever let him come out of his cage on his own? How bad is it when you get him out? Does he run? Bite?

All Caboose, my turquoise baby, does is beg for food, lol! But Goose, my 5 month old creamino, did the same and now she plays nice and hangs with me. :O)

Kim
amb4693

Post by amb4693 »

Congrats to you, we just got a green as you described the blue is so pretty on the tail, I think we will name ours willow....we also are waiting the arrival tomorrow evening of our blue and yellow boys from Texas, am so excited , thinking three will be a handful, hopefully they all like each other, I'm thinking of putting them all in same cage it's a really nice big cage!!! When do you get your little green machine?? Names are such fun!!! Good luck!!!
Ann
kimijean

Post by kimijean »

amb4693 wrote:Congrats to you, we just got a green as you described the blue is so pretty on the tail, I think we will name ours willow....we also are waiting the arrival tomorrow evening of our blue and yellow boys from Texas, am so excited , thinking three will be a handful, hopefully they all like each other, I'm thinking of putting them all in same cage it's a really nice big cage!!! When do you get your little green machine?? Names are such fun!!! Good luck!!!
Ann
Hi Ann,

I just replied to your thread. :O) But I wanted to mention that they may not all get along, especially with an odd number of birds. Even if they're all the same sex. Right now my 8/9 week old baby does not like my 5 month old but the 5 month old would like to be friends. :O|

5 month old ~ Goose, is a creamino girl
8/9 week old ~ Caboose is a turquoise (still need to DNA)

Kim
happybird

Post by happybird »

Good luck! please post pics :)
rms0706

Post by rms0706 »

I am having a hard time putting on pics. It says file to big. How do I resize it to get them to fit?
rms0706

Post by rms0706 »

kimijean wrote:YAY Pickles! Do you ever let him come out of his cage on his own? How bad is it when you get him out? Does he run? Bite?

All Caboose, my turquoise baby, does is beg for food, lol! But Goose, my 5 month old creamino, did the same and now she plays nice and hangs with me. :O)

Kim
I let him out every day. I work with him for about an hour everyday. Trying to find a treat that he'll take from my hand. What do you use as a treat?
kimijean

Post by kimijean »

[/quote]I let him out every day. I work with him for about an hour everyday. Trying to find a treat that he'll take from my hand. What do you use as a treat?[/quote]

I haven't found any one thing that my older IRN really LOVES, but I use almonds, walnuts, and nutriberries. She likes them all well enough. :O)

Kim
rms0706

Post by rms0706 »

I haven't found any one thing that my older IRN really LOVES, but I use almonds, walnuts, and nutriberries. She likes them all well enough. :O)

Kim[/quote]

Does she eat them from your hand? I'm working on that. He acts like he's going to take it but just does a quick grab but doesn't take it and eat it.
rms0706

Post by rms0706 »

I can't even post a pic from photo bucket the site won't let me. Any ideas how to put his picture up so my new friends can see him?