G'day from N.Z

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Danny_nz

G'day from N.Z

Post by Danny_nz »

Hi Guys and Gals my name is Danny I am an Australian Living in New Zealand I have always had a passion for birds since very young, however recently I have become interested in breeding I have kept IRN's in the past and have recently acquired a bonded pair of Blue IRN's Blue (cock) and Jewel (hen) sorry I let the kids name them I would have called them Horatio and Gertrude !
Blue and Jewel were purchased from a reputable breeder and are in great condition the breeder tells me they are 3-4 years old and last season had 5 chicks and even threw a couple of greys.
I have had them for a month now they are in an outdoor aviary and have settled in very quickly they are hugely affectionate towards each other and Blue is a bit of a character a real show off, and certainly doesn't mind human attention as long as they are on the other side of the wire. Jewel is much more timid however this may be attributed (I suspect) to the fact that they are actively mating and she has already laid 2 eggs for me (hoping for more) she spends a lot of time in the nesting box now so I suspect she may have stared sitting (great news).
I tried to attach a couple of pics but i got a message come up in red saying that board attachment quota has been reached ????? if anyone can steer me around it I will put up some pics ????
Danny_nz

Re: G'day from N.Z

Post by Danny_nz »

Blue and Jewel
Blue
Jewel
Danny_nz

Re: G'day from N.Z

Post by Danny_nz »

as you can now see I worked out how to use photo bucket ! no mean feet for me I'm a P.C novice really :?