Hello, eh!!

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

lorrainecottrelle

Hello, eh!!

Post by lorrainecottrelle »

Hello all, my name is Lorraine. I live in Toronto, Canada with my 14 year old daughter Morgan, my 9 year old Jack Russell, NOS, my Lineolated Parakeet, Linus, and my newest addition...Toby...my 18 month old beautiful male Indian Ringneck!
I fell in love with Indian Ringnecks the first time I ever saw a picture of one. After doing tons of research, I decided this was the perfect addition to my family. After contacting a couple breeders, I decided I wanted a male; not because they are any more intelligent than females - but that ring is just beautiful. After making my decision, I read an advertisment for an 18 month old male Indian Ringneck who was very friendly and talked up a storm. Well after a 5hrs of driving (2 1/2 hrs each way) Toby was now HOME!
I look forward to meeting new people with the same love for Indian Ringnecks, and learn all about these gorgeous birds!!
Lorraine
ellieelectrons

Re: Hello, eh!!

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi Lorraine

Welcome to the forum. Quite the family you have there!

Ellie.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Welcome to you Lorraine and you family (both feathered, furry and human lol)

It is great to hear of another who will drive countless hours to collect a(nother) member of the family. I have also done that, travelled over 12 hours :shock: :lol:
ttBrendaRose

Post by ttBrendaRose »

Hi Lorraine, a fellow Canadian. I'm from Nanaimo BC and also new to this board. I am married with 2 stepchildren who are both adults and not living with us anymore. Chili is my birdies name. He is jusy over a year old. I'm pretty sure he is a male, just by the way he acts. I have always been an animal lover and very attracted to birds.I also have a cat Sophie and a dog Buddy who was a street dog in Costa Rica that adpoted us when we were living there and we brought him back with us 4 yrs ago. He is such a good little dog. Talk about going a long way to bring a new family member home.... I think I got you beat there...lol! We had a red lored amazon parrot when we lived in CR but we were not allowed to bring her out of the country to bring her home with us. It broke our hearts. So Chili is our new and very muched loved parrot. Anyways welcome. I hope we can be friends.
Brenda :P
Ring Neck

Post by Ring Neck »

Hi, I am from Toronto too. I just got a blue Ring Neck named Rio. His breeder was not far from me, only 20 minutes. Hope to see you around.
Aqleem

Post by Aqleem »

Hello to u all.
I am also from Toronto. I have a 13 week old lutino ringneck (Tango). I got her when she was 5 weeks old from a friend of mine who is a breeder in Brampton. I hope u guys are enjoying your wonderful birds as much as I am. :)