How are IRN to other birds?

Moderator: Mods

*mia*

How are IRN to other birds?

Post by *mia* »

I have 7 budgies, ´but two of the babies are going to move and one I´m keeping.
Kalle can be whit the budgie baby that I´m goning to keep but Amí (the baby) flies and land on his back an Kalle gets verry angry. He doesn´t care about the budgies if they aren´t to close to him.
But a person told me that IRN are very angry and evil to other birds is this true?
I wondering this because we (I and some other birdpeople) have like metings sometimes and they have their bird out of the cage.
I have just been for one because I didn´t know about this meeting and then I had Kalle in the cage. He didn´t care about the other birds but were very angry because he had to be in the cage :D ...
I´m maby going to have one meting in my house to christmas do you think I can take Kalle outside the cage then?
On the meeting is it ( doesn´t know the english name of all birds):
Psittacus erithacus timneh, amazon, budgies, tiels, Poicephalus senegalus,ecletu. I don´t know if the name is right on alla of them, and it is some more parots too but cant remeber all right know..
here can you see pictures from it:
http://www.zoonen.com/perzoonen/galleri.asp?oid=497834&gid=538593
spinnergirl

well...

Post by spinnergirl »

I can only tell you from my own personal experience, and that is they will tolerate anothers birds presence, but none of it seems to be welcome.

My IRN will yell alot at the other birds as if they are bugging her/him, he'll chase them, bite, whatever. I think my IRN would be perfectly happy being a only bird...

Well I am the momma and we have more than just him.LOL
Kristy and her Crew
Neokireina

Post by Neokireina »

Each bird is as Individual as each human is, some will get along with anyone, some will not. -
julies

Post by julies »

My irn Elka spends most off her time with her 2 best freinds.
A teil Roxy, A lorry destiny.
They do have there moments, but most off the time thay all snuggle and talk amongst themselves
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

My IRN will play happily with her brother Chief whom is a 'tiel until she gets bored. Then, it is time to play 'lets kick bro's guts out'.

I would NEVER leave them unattended. Baby has anomousity towards Chief and is very jealous. To an IRN, that alone constitutes death lacking guilt. :cry:

Chief wouldnt stand a chance, which is why I keep him more flighted than Baby. He can actually pick himself up about bed height, whereas Baby can only flutter down but gets no height. This allows them to play and Chief to retreat when it gets ugly... because it always does. :roll:
~ Mikaela Sky

Dani03

Post by Dani03 »

I guess Prinny is lucky then...she is an only bird right now! I used to have a pair of breeder tiels but the two of them found a perfect home with a friend (I couldn't handle breeding anymore..was getting hard to loose those babies :cry: ) After a month I found my breeder of Prinny...thank goodness I did!

Dani and Prinny
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Well we all know that Byndi pretty much doesn't like anything. Remmi wants to be Byndi's friend and hang with him. But Byndi is a punk to Remmi. And then there's Milo-my tiel. He just wants to be friends with everybody. And Remmi treats Milo the way Byndi treats him. Which just bums me out. So my birds don't much care for each other. But they "tolerate" each other. For lack of a better word. It's funny, if Byndi and Remmi are on the playstand together Byndi just sits there. If Remmi tries to play with anything then Byndi is pinning and poofing up and making this noise like a warning. But if Remmi is just sitting still like Byndi wants him to do then Byndi's fine. ??? What a brat. But I love them all and so they can do what they want. Except fight. Which they sometimes try to do. And that usually results in me being bitten trying to get Remmi to step up and get away from Byndi. So Byndi bites me. I'm sure he loves that too. Probably thanks Remmi when I'm not around. :roll:
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

I'd still love to get my hands on Byndi for one week... just one.

I'd show that little man what being a pet is all about. He would come back with a new attitude and some respect for what is done for his little butt. Still love him but :arrow: :evil:

Wonder what an airline would charge Jen?
~ Mikaela Sky