Paring wild with tame.. please help!

Moderator: Mods

mustii

Paring wild with tame.. please help!

Post by mustii »

Hi there .. I have a green irN female about 2 years old and she's wild .. I have tries to tame her for around 2 months but no luck.. It doesn't look like it has settled down that good as oli think It was in a aviary with other birds before.. so now I'm getting a a tame male just got his ring so around 2 years too.. Hea green too.. Will they get along ? inwanna put them same cage but Im borrowing a friends cage to use for the first few days.. I will put the new one in it and next to the female I have then after few days I will try and put them together. Also I'm thinking to let them breed in February as a local breeder told me that's their breeding season here in uk. Is that enough time around 3 months for them to get along.. And also wud the male stay tame If I keep interacting with him? Please any advise will be appreciated ... Thanks...
Recio

Re: Paring wild with tame.. please help!

Post by Recio »

Hi;

If you want the male to breed it would be better to stop interacting with him, so he will put his interest on the female. Tamed birds can have difficulties to breed because they bond to their owners and because they can loose the period of "learning how to do it".

Good luck

Recio