nasty blue irn

Moderator: Mods

dragonfire

nasty blue irn

Post by dragonfire »

Hi all...i am new to the world of Indian Ringnecks and would love some advice.
I have a blue female with a lutino male
Ive had the female for about 6months in a cage by herself.
I bought the male about 2 weeks ago with intention to hopefully breed . I placed them both into a new cage to avoid any territorial aggression. but it hasnt worked -she is very nasty towards him she pecks at him.. wont allow him to be on the same perch.....if he is on the same side of the cage she lunges at him to peck him....you can see he is running scared...... further more when she is not pecking at him she ignores him completely . how long should i wait before i separate them , is there any hope for me to breed these two? should i buy another female blue to pair with the male? ( i am trying to achieve an albino mutation.)

thanks
dragonfire

Re: nasty blue irn

Post by dragonfire »

dragonfire wrote:Hi all...i am new to the world of Indian Ringnecks and would love some advice.
I have a blue female with a lutino male
Ive had the female for about 6months in a cage by herself.
I bought the male about 2 weeks ago with intention to hopefully breed . I placed them both into a new cage to avoid any territorial aggression. but it hasnt worked -she is very nasty towards him she pecks at him.. wont allow him to be on the same perch.....if he is on the same side of the cage she lunges at him to peck him....you can see he is running scared...... further more when she is not pecking at him she ignores him completely . how long should i wait before i separate them , is there any hope for me to breed these two? should i buy another female blue to pair with the male? ( i am trying to achieve an albino mutation.)

thanks
problem solved i have separated the pair......i placed a lime green female with the male....( they were friends after only 5 minutes)...........from anyones experience......how can I pair the agressive one with another male without grief-anyone have a suggestion for me...please?
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Maybe the blue hen was just not compatible with the lutino male. I had a hen that really attacked the first boy I gave her. I ended up removing him and replacing with another. She did give him a hard time for a short while, then they bonded and later bred.
You could try having a male in a cage for a few weeks first, then add the hen later on. If possible, have the hen in a separate cage near the male so they can see each other. Or you could wait till breeding season is near when the hen is a bit more accepting of a partner and try her with one then.
dragonfire

Post by dragonfire »

Hi and thanks for your reply.....much appreciated.......If I were to buy another male.....to put into a cage next to her
would it be too late for this breeding season? ( I live in Sydney)
( by the way great looking grey on your profile)
ciao
Martino.
rod038

Post by rod038 »

Yes it is a bit late now. You may have to wait till next season.
pinkdevil

Post by pinkdevil »

Thanks for the comment on my grey boy. :)

Breeding season has pretty much finished now.
If you have a large aviary, you may be able to house them together, or you could wait till May/June next year and try introduce the hen with a male then.