When do i pull

Moderator: Mods

RachelD

When do i pull

Post by RachelD »

so far there is 1 baby. there are 6 eggs to go im planning on handrearing from 2 weeks of age but there is going to be some way older then others, the 1 i have was born yesterday and im guessing the rest will be 2 days apart, making it another 12 days before they all (if they do) hatch.

I not planning on taking all the babys either as she was previously sitting on 6 eggs but none of the hatched and when i tossed them out she went on to lay these 7, so im going to leave her some as i think it will be fairer, do i take the older 1s? or wait and take the younger 1s?
rod038

Re: When do i pull

Post by rod038 »

One of my pairs had 5 hatch and they all hatched over 3 days. 2 the first day, 2 the next day and 1 the day after. The last one always seemed smaller, but they are all going well now and are about 6 weeks old.
So it may not be as bigger gap as you think if you only want to take a few. I would wait till the oldest is 2 weeks old and see what the others are like. I guess it depends on how many hatch. Also my first egg took 30 days from being layed to hatching. The second took 28 days, the third 26 days, the fourth 24 days and the fifth 23 days. Good luck.