this is bella's new baby sister an eclectus!

Moderator: Mods

baby_bella

this is bella's new baby sister an eclectus!

Post by baby_bella »

this is Ruby she is a solomon island eclectus... she is 50 days old today! i went to the breeders house (he lives 2 and 1/2 hrs away but it was so worth the drive!).... so she is my baby, man this breeder is so great and would recommend him to every one, he breeds almost every parrot! even the scarlett and blue and gold macaws it was the first time i had seen these gorgoues birds in real life and they are stunning... :shock:

but the little ekkie hen caught my eye! i named her ruby and she is coming home in 3 weeks (just before xmas!) yay!

here are some more photos..

Last edited by baby_bella on Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
beauty is fleeting, but wisdom never fades it grows stronger each day
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Ruby is gorgeous! I don't know much about Ekkies. How big will she get and what are their personalities like? Will she stay those colors?? Merry Christmas to you huh?

Thanks for sharing,
Jen
Mazziemom

Post by Mazziemom »

She's gorgeous!

We have a little rescue Ekkie hen here, by the name of Ruby! She suffers from severe splay legs, and was going to be euthanized rather than treated for it, so she came to us so we could treat her and give her the most normal life possible.

Eclectus are wonderful birds with great voices and sweet personalities. The hens can be nippy with anyone thats not the chosen person, but so can ringnecks so your used to that! :)

Congrats!

Athena
kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

beautiful , congrats darlin :D
baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

ive been interested in them for ages.... and she isnt expensive either... ekkies are fanactic talkers and very lovely parrots.... they have a great temperment and keep you amuzed for hours! the breeders wife has a very loud laugh and all there ekkies copy it! its the funniest thing ever!they get pretty big.. there a stocky bird! thanks for the commets on ruby, i cant wait to bring her home... the good thing is bella is only 14 weeks old and ruby will be about 8 or 9 weeks old so hopefully tere will be no fighting and they get along ok...! :lol:
baby_bella

Post by baby_bella »

jen! ekkies do keep there colours its so beautiful they are stunning :shock: to look at! if you wanna see older eclectus's and there colours just click onto www.landofvos.com the males are bright green with a candy corn beak with red and blue underneath there wings and females depending on the speices (like mine) will be red, with a blue and purlpe bib.. and a blue ring around there eyes and blue underneath there wings... check out the site its beautiful!