Housing 2 Males

Moderator: Mods

Kray Twins

Housing 2 Males

Post by Kray Twins »

I'm not sure why I haven't asked about this yet but it's been apparent for a while now that with their maturity the little guys are starting to show some aggression (not that bad!) towards each other.

They're generally pretty happy with each other they groom each other and Ronnie lets Reggie stand on his head from time to time (coo-ing constantly...!). The only time i've noticed a 'problem' has been where food is involved. They now have 2 decent sized food bowls and 1 massive water bowl.

These guys have been together since they came to my family and i'm pretty sure they were from the same breeder. It would be a big shame to here they need to be separated...

btw, at the minute they're both playing tug of war with a postit note on my shoulder!
Melika

Re: Housing 2 Males

Post by Melika »

I'm guessing that the one tries to hoard all the dishes?

Try to put the two food dishes as far from the other as possible so whichever is being the aggressor that day can't guard them both at the same time. At first there would be some chasing but then they should settle down and each will have a bowl.
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay