Bird harnes.

Hang out, kick back, relax and chat in "The IRN Lounge". Excellent place for general conversation, idle chat and off topic threads. Anything goes!!!

Moderator: Mods

poppeottomor

Bird harnes.

Post by poppeottomor »

I have been thinking about getting a birdharnes for my indian ringneck, so i can take him with me, when i go shopping.
It woudt be fun to make pepole wact and think wat the........ :D
But I dont now, if he trust me, so i can take him out side, but we can work on that :D
Aint no point in panting the devil on the wall, before we have tried, me and my ringneck :lol:
What do you ringneck pepole think ???
Good idear or bad ???
S. Charlotte.
pinkdevil

Re: Bird harnes.

Post by pinkdevil »

A few people have had success in training their birds to accept a harness.
I guess it is a good idea if you would like to keep your bird unclipped but still want to take him/her outside. There are a couple of people in my town that walk around with their bird on their shoulder. I think the bird would be clipped though and they are not ringies but still, a bird none the less.
After training the bird to accept the harness, I think you would need to have the bird used to noisy areas of traffic, people and any other strange day to day things that might spook or stress your bird. It is one thing to have a bird used to harness but another to have a bird used to a totally different environment with strange sounds, sights and people.
Your bird may not be comfortable with all the hustle and bustle of shopping, no matter how much fun you think it is. :)
If you choose you want to teach your bird to go shopping with you, you could try taking him to a park or something similar where there are people but not like in a shopping centre. Get him used to changes slowly. This way you can see how he may react to different places and people.
:)
kimmy

Re: Bird harnes.

Post by kimmy »

i don't think you'd be allowed to take your bird into a supermarket lol i work at coles and theres a woman that comes in with a conure and she's always being kicked out. its so cute though :]