male and female

Moderator: Mods

sean mcewan

male and female

Post by sean mcewan »

Hiya!
Do Male and females IRN's act any differently from each other!??
Are the males any more boisterous than the females?
i would appreciate any input you might have!
seanski
ringneck
Site Admin

Re: male and female

Post by ringneck »

Hey seanski,

Good question, though i am afraid the answer is going to be vague. All ringnecks have different personalities and it all depends on the experiences, environment, and socialization. So keep that in mind before i beak down their traits :wink: .

Males tend to try to impress their owners and are very vocal. They are much more cautious of strangers, and like all parrots, are very curious. A male ringneck is fantastic as once all members of the family are known will gladly spend time with all members.

Females try to set the tone and honestly believe they own their owners. They can be much more territorial, especially during the breeding season. They are much more affectionate then the males and can become very jealous of family members. Constant interaction by all members will help to reduce this behavior--as well as positive reinforcement exercises by all family members.

If i could choose between the two--i can't--they both have very great qualities!

Hope this helps :wink: !

IMRAN-C
sean mcewan

Re: male and female

Post by sean mcewan »

THANK YOU!!!!! :) That helps, i am glad they all have different personalities, it would be boring if they didnt!
Thank You Imran
sean