Pied ringneck

Moderator: Mods

mallee_1

Pied ringneck

Post by mallee_1 »

Hi All,

Came accross this pied indian on Paul Byrnes web site. I was interested in the comments under the photo in relation to whether it is a recessive pied.

To those overseas breeders who breed them, do you think this is a recessive pied, I have the dominant pieds and it is certainly different to them.

http://www.indianringneckvic.com/apps/p ... =163581782

Glenn
Gratz

Re: Pied ringneck

Post by Gratz »

Hi Glenn
Certainly looks like a recessive pied , I am yet to see a dom.pied where the head has any pied markings
By the way; nice looking bird

Gratz
madas

Post by madas »

mallee_1 wrote:Hi All,

Came accross this pied indian on Paul Byrnes web site. I was interested in the comments under the photo in relation to whether it is a recessive pied.

To those overseas breeders who breed them, do you think this is a recessive pied, I have the dominant pieds and it is certainly different to them.

http://www.indianringneckvic.com/apps/p ... =163581782

Glenn
It's not a common rec. pied. Rec. pied males don't show a neckring (thats why they are called ADM-pied too).

madas
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

That is a fairly rare pied type, and like madas said, it isn't your standard recessive adm pied. What would be interesting to know is whether the piedness of the bird progressed with time.
mallee_1

Post by mallee_1 »

Not sure where it orginated and if it is an aquired pied. Will make a call and try and find out some more info.

So the ADM pieds dont have a neck ring? are they as heavily marked as this bird?

Would aquired pied be the same as the mottled pied that is in the Kakariks, born pied and pregressively get more pied as they mature.

For us here in Oz could some one please post picture of the ADM pied for reference.

Regards Glenn
madas

Post by madas »

mallee_1 wrote: So the ADM pieds dont have a neck ring? are they as heavily marked as this bird?
Decide for your self. :) ADM rec. pied blue offspring from this season (of a friend of mine).

madas
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

mallee_1 wrote:are they as heavily marked as this bird?
Glenn, here are two more examples for you to base your opinion on. Pics are a bit dark, but you'll get the idea.

Lushen1600

Post by Lushen1600 »

Hi Johan, y does the bird in the second pic that you posted have the primary flight feathers so far apart from each other and why do they look as if they are drooping?

Thanks
Lushen
2014 Pairs
Green x Green
DGreen x DBlue
DE Blue/ino x DBlue
Grey/ino x Albino
Pallidino x Lutino
DE Blue Turq x Grey
DE Grey Turq x Blue
Greygreen/cinn x DE Blue Cinn
DE DBlue Turq x Blue Turq CHWT
Blue x DBlue Turq
Blue x Blue Pallid
Lutino/blue x Blue
madas

Post by madas »

Johan S wrote:
mallee_1 wrote:are they as heavily marked as this bird?
Glenn, here are two more examples for you to base your opinion on. Pics are a bit dark, but you'll get the idea.

Nice rec. pieds. How old? Salan or Hillermann type?

madas
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Stefan, these are 2012 offspring. Hillerman or Salaan pied? That's a trade secret. :wink:

Lushen, she was posing for the photo and showing off. I had to ask really nicely, though. :lol: Just kidding. I got the photo straight after she ruffled her feathers. Notice the ones on her head isn't flat yet.
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Glenn

This is a matured 5yr old adm pied cock, but keep in mind not all of the Hillerman (SA adm pied line) display as much pied as this cock when matured. It is a pure Hillerman bred by Lothar Hillerman and Hugo Niebuhr.

Tienie
Indian Ringneck Vic

Post by Indian Ringneck Vic »

HI ALL

Just had a phone call about this discussion regarding the Recessive Pied depicted on my website. Since this posting went public new information has come to light. Firstly, the bird was breed in Australia and there were 3 others with the same phenotype. Unfortunately we do not know what happened to the other three as all this happened over 10 years ago. This Pied has produced splits which have gone on to produce Pieds of the same type when being bred in a tight gene pool. So it is safe to say the Pied is recessive, hereditary and currently has been paired to a Cobalt that is working the box as we speak. The other interesting feature of this bird is the green on the bird is very dark which may indicate part of its inheritance originated from the dark green series of birds (cobalt) at a time when cobalts were in their early stages of development in this country (Australia).

Regards
Paul Byrne
Mad Max

Post by Mad Max »

Johan , Nice birds , Do you have any in the green series ?

Robert
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Hi Robert, none in the green series, I'm afraid. I'm considering pairing one of this line to a green pied in 2014, but that is a long way off. Great to see some interest in green series though! I'm not very pleased about the situation in SA where most breeders look at green and grey series birds in disdain.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Hi IRV - are you able to share pics of the op bird's Pied offspring?
Indian Ringneck Vic

Post by Indian Ringneck Vic »

Hi Shey

I have requested a photo from the breeder of these birds and although I find him reliable he doesn't seem eager to share these exhibits with us, that is neither on a private or public basis so therefore all we can say at this stage is this information is heresay.

Cheers
Paul
KJ1988

Post by KJ1988 »

rec. pied grey, pastel grey and...
Attachments
52204bbadac46.jpg
52204bbadac46.jpg (95.87 KiB) Viewed 5526 times
52204c0849fd6.jpg
52204c0849fd6.jpg (72.24 KiB) Viewed 5526 times
52204bf132731.jpg