thankyou

Moderator: Mods

Johan S

Re: thankyou

Post by Johan S »

Sanzaf1 wrote: i also believe that a reccesive violet cinnamon was bred in belgium
And South Africa. If by recessive cinnamon violet you mean the mutation currently referred to as 'bronze' fallow, which I believe will have to change again.
trabots

Post by trabots »

Sjack bastiaan has a picture of a reccesive green cinnamon in his book .
So how can there be no such thing
The Bastiaans also has several images in their books of TurquoiseBlues which are in fact IndigoBlues, a different Parblue mutation. They also says that there is no difference in phenotype between heterozygous and homozygous Turquoise birds when it has been proved conclusively that is not the case. As time moves on and more is learned, most books on the subject become out of date and inaccurate on some subjects. That is why the Bastiaans have now published a second book with updated information. Do not believe everything you read.
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Willy

We have been working very hard in SA to sort out the Bronze Fallow issue. This issue was discussed many a time between Recio, Stefan, Johan and myself. When Sjack visited SA 5 years ago he told most of us that our Bronze Fallow birds are to light in phenotype compared to his. I then decided to import a '07 Bronze Fallow/blue cock from him, what a stunning bird. Difficult breeder but after 2 seasons he excepted a '97 indigoblue/bronze fallow hen (bought locally but imported from Sjack Bastiaan). The pair produced an indigoblue/bronze fallow and blue bronze fallow. Attached the pics. Decide for yourself, but imo Bronze Fallow can exist if someone can proof the relationship with NSLino. The homozygous Bronze Fallow and Nslino birds I have tested showed no link and resulted in split birds instead of an intermediate phenotype.

imported Bronze Fallow/blue Bastiaan cock

blue Bronze Fallow baby and her imported father

Regards

Tienie
Mad Max

Post by Mad Max »

Stunning birds Tienie
The blue looks edged or am I wrong
Robert
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Robert,
That's the phenotype of Bronze Fallow, it just looks as if edged is in there doesn't it?

Mad Max

Post by Mad Max »

It certainly looks Edged . I love the blue , nice and soft blue with white . I want one :P
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Ben & Robert

Ben you are spot on, no edged just "bronze fallow". IMO dun or pale fallow. Pretty birds but difficult breeders unlike the SA line that reproduce at 2 years.

Tienie
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Mad Max wrote:It certainly looks Edged . I love the blue , nice and soft blue with white . I want one :P
Robert, you can add cinnamon to that list as well. Those three mutations have very close phenotypes.