My IRN Bobbles His Head Like a Wave, What Does it Mean?

Moderator: Mods

NewbieIRNer

My IRN Bobbles His Head Like a Wave, What Does it Mean?

Post by NewbieIRNer »

Hey,

So today I noticed Mango being a little less chatty than usual and he has been doing this bobbing thing with his head which kind of looks like him doing the wave with his neck.

Anyone know what it means?
Mad Max

Re: My IRN Bobbles His Head Like a Wave, What Does it Mean?

Post by Mad Max »

Hi Newbie
I have seen similar behaviour at a friends place , This was a wild bird and he had also lost his balance . He was struggeling to fly when we where near the cage , But when we moved away he seened fine . I think it is a stress related issue , It took the bird months to return to his normal self , but when it was chased or netted he would react that way again . We called him mad head as a joke but you could see there where issues with this bird .
He skiped breeding for a season but after that he bred as normal , I think he still has the bird and last we spoke about it he said it was still the same .

Maby you should get a calming tonic from your local vet and see if that helps the bird

Regards
Robert
Skyes_crew

Post by Skyes_crew »

I would maybe schedule a visit to your AV for a checkup just to make sure everything is ok. If you feel something is off, usually our gut instincts are right.
I am owned by my birds...and I wouldn't have it any other way :D

McmillanBirds

Post by McmillanBirds »

How old is Mango?

If Mango is still a baby 7-11 weeks it could be just a standard baby head bobbing however if Mango is an older bird it may be something more serious.