Fla wildlife/boat trip...

Moderator: Mods

Mikaela

Fla wildlife/boat trip...

Post by Mikaela »

Hello,

You have been invited to visit a photo album http://photobucket.com/albums/f249/jeffnmikaela/

Hey ya'll:

There are TONS of wildlife pics there we took yesterday. Where we live, you take our river into the ocean from our dock in the back yard. (You'll see what I mean).

Bunches of alligators, my family, turtles and best of all! Tons of bird pics, many of them in flight.

See, after all those alligators, why I dont let me babies play out back unattended? Small price to pay, I suppose but still sucks.

Enjoy! We took the boat down the river into the ocean and went to Clearwater beach to dock and have lunch. It was a great day!
~ Mikaela Sky

Ducky

Post by Ducky »

neat ... 52 I nabbed as my desktop right now. rivers view too many critters in the water there for me...I miss boating grew up going out. and we live between the Rock and Mississippi Rivers but my city man thinks not
jen5239
Community Greeter

Post by jen5239 »

Wow Mikaela,
Beautiful pictures. Kind of swampy looking in parts. The one of the tree that has the branch going into the sky in curves was really cool. Thanks for sharing.
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

Thats all Florida is... a swamp.

Once the river opens into the ocean though it looks like the keys.

Cant have alligators without swaplands lol

This is the coolest gator. He was trying to get him some sun.

Ducky:

Which one is 52? I cant find a 52? :cry:
~ Mikaela Sky

Ducky

Post by Ducky »

page 3 row 3 end on right side, blue sky and river. hubby just asked if we went to the river today.... lol I aked him if hes saw anything that green around here its all brown ..winter dear

check out that gator.... no way they stay away right...
Mikaela

Post by Mikaela »

No, they dont stay away at all. There may very well be one slide up near our dock sunning at anytime. Or in the pool, happens often so you have to check before diving in. Eyes on groud ALWAYS when outside near any water because gators blend and they dont flee they sit still and wait for the prey to get near then CHOMP.

Golfers, like hubby, have to be extra careful. They love the lakes at golf courses.

The kids know not to be in the back (outside of the lania) without me or at least me knowing. The baby has VERY strict rules concerning outside play because, God forbid, if he fell in, he would float down to the ocean and never be found... my worse fear.

His Dad always makes me feel alot better by assuring me a gator would get him before he ever made it that far. Gee, thats comforting.

That one is nice Ducky! I got an even amount of water, scenery and sky lol. When a boat is moving, its hard to get good pics, especially when the birds were flying too!
~ Mikaela Sky

kyria
Site Admin
Location: Live in Australia - Have a home in Florida - Citizenship in Heaven

Post by kyria »

Wonderful pics .. great place Mik. Just like my friends Bill and Lisa's dream place there. Bill would love to buy a house on one of the waterways that lead to the ocean. The keys were beautiful ! I loved those four days, wish I could go back again. Well hopefully in about 3 years. After they have visited me first.

Ya can keep ya alligators though, they look kinda big and nasty. Although I know they aren't anywhere near as viscious as our Crocks no where near.
Angie
---------
Hatred stirs up strife, But love covers all sins. {Pro 10:12}
-----------
God Bless