confused

Moderator: Mods

yasmel

confused

Post by yasmel »

Hi, i have visited this site to get some info about my indian Ringneck.

Its begining breeding season down here in Florida just one month away but i have not had any luck towards my first time breeding indian ringneck. I have a green normal (male) and a blue (female) indian ringneck. The female seems to try to mate with the male but the male dont even bother. It is really confusing me since i dont know what's the problem with the male.The male is healthy and strong but ignores the female. Please give me advise towards the possibilities why would the male wont mate with the female? And it is so weird that my green indian ringneck would start dancing to get the attention from my green quakers but not the blue female.
tadow

ringneck

Post by tadow »

i neeed advice 2 waitiung for mines to breed also they are working the box they feed each other but no eggs yet
Jodie

questions

Post by Jodie »

Hi,
There is no helping them to breed. Just supply them with ample food heavy on peanuts and sunflower seeds to help fatten them up. I give my birds fresh pieces of apples and broccoli. They get oranges and wheat bread rolled up in balls on other days .
The male is definatley flirting with your other bird. It might be helpful if you can somehow shield his view of the other birds. I had curtains hiding birds from one another. Giving them privacy from the other birds will definatley help them breed. They might be too distracted by the other birds. If he is interested in a "green" bird this might be why they are not mating. If green ringnecks have not been around the other mutation, in your case a blue, it takes longer for them to mate.
For tadow, if they are working the box and feeding wach other, it does not sound like you will have to wait too much longer.
Just give them some space, it will happen. I hope this helps........Jodie
yasmel

jodie

Post by yasmel »

Thanks alot Jodie for your advise i quess your right about that the green male IRN is not use to seeing a blue female. Anyways thanks for everything i really appreaciated. i will be posting a new topic on the message board if you would be so kind to read it and give me your opinions it would be great. yasmel
tadow

ringneck

Post by tadow »

thanks for the advise jodie im from michigan 2 but i live in nebraska right now but thanks for the advise and hopefully i will be having little ones sooner or later