newbie here

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Chloeb

newbie here

Post by Chloeb »

Hi everyone total IRN newbie here I'm getting a hand reared baby in June, could you help em choose the correct size cage please choices

eBay item no's:

200918183006 any help will be greatfully recieved I can't upload links as I'm a newbie and it looks too spammy
amaraatlanta

Re: newbie here

Post by amaraatlanta »

I am no expert as am new to being owned by my IRN also, however the top cage looks almost identical to mine

sorry its a bad pic but he loves it and it is more than bit enough for him

hope that helps :D

SUE

Owned by Sirius-Malfoy (IRN) Splodge and Omar (budgies) 5boys and a hubby lol
Chloeb

Post by Chloeb »

Ah ha yep it's the same it's a liberta voyager, how do you find it with the bar spaces? This is my favourite cage so far :D
MissK

Post by MissK »

Hi. I think the first two are the minimum size you should consider, and the bottom two should not be considered. Really, you should aim for bigger, to accommodate the tail and the way the bird will hustle and bustle about on the cage floor if he has the chance. The taller cage is possibly a little better, if you don't open the top. You could hang a bunch of toys and not crowd the bird in that one. And it is much prettier. But, sure, the bird *could live* in those cages. I keep a pair of Budgies in that second cage, or one about identical.

My bird's cage is this one http://www.ebay.com/itm/HQ-Double-Fligh ... 19d3533c66

--it's ebay Item number: 110919629926. Please note, on this page the dimensions are given in INCHES, so that's 64"long x 31"wide x 35"inside height or 162 cm long x 78 cm wide x 90 cm inside height. HQ or A&E makes a nearly identical taller cage I would have liked, but it was out of my price range. I like this cage, and my bird uses every bit of it (without the divider). If I had any complaint about the size, it is that I wish the 78 cm dimension were bigger. Ideally, I would want it as big as 90cm, but such a size is hard to find. As it is, I use bolt on perches that don't go all the way, so he has a little room to use his wings if he wants.

Not everyone wants a cage that long in the house, and I don't think it really needs to be quite that long. Maybe 2/3 that length might be a nice compromise.

My opinions.
-MissK
-MissK
amaraatlanta

Post by amaraatlanta »

Chloeb wrote:Ah ha yep it's the same it's a liberta voyager, how do you find it with the bar spaces? This is my favourite cage so far :D

he loves it hun, he climbs about and plays in it no problem. He does have alot of out of cage time but loves to go back home lol :D

SUE

Owned by Sirius-Malfoy (IRN) Splodge and Omar (budgies) 5boys and a hubby lol