opaline or dominant edge

Moderator: Mods

Farzz1

opaline or dominant edge

Post by Farzz1 »

Hi
can any one help looking for a pic of a dom edged pied or a dom edged opaline or a dom edged misty
It doesn't mater if in blue series or green,and has anybody fused this combo with dom edge dilute?

TKS
Johan S

Re: opaline or dominant edge

Post by Johan S »

Farzz1 wrote:Hi
can any one help looking for a pic of a dom edged pied or a dom edged opaline or a dom edged misty
It doesn't mater if in blue series or green,and has anybody fused this combo with dom edge dilute?

TKS
Farzz1, here is a post by Ben that links to many of the combinations you are looking for. Most of the pics are of Tienie Carr's birds as published on Chris Whipps' website.
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... 271#p91271

There are a couple of people that have combined dilute and dom. edge, much more so than dom. edge and opaline. There are actually some dom. edge dilutes for sale if you know who to ask. I know of only 5 breeders in SA that have successfully produced dom. edge opalines though, and most of them only one or two birds and only one breeder had birds for sale. Pictures of both these combinations are rather scarce.

Madas might be able to help with dom. edge misty. I don't know many misty breeders in SA, and none of the ones I know have confirmed combining misty and dom. edge.
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

many thanks J.S
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Farzz1

SL Edged adm pied blueturq after 15 month moult

Tienie
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Tienie, is there a chance of that bird also being cobalt? It looks extremely dark for a blue turquoise pied. Or do you see this darkening effect with the addition of SL dom. edge, like in dilute combinations? That is still a mystery to me.
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Peter

This is a young 2012 SL Edged adm pied hen from my red pied line. Can you use your filters to detect any red?

Tienie
Ring0Neck

Post by Ring0Neck »

Tienie,

You can try to do it yourself just download the program Paint.net and follow instructions below:
Download link: http://paint-net.en.softonic.com/
You can do it yourself the instructions i've written in another thread:
Quote:
Thinking of UV, i played around with this program & I think i stumbled upon something interesting.
I have used: Paint.net (a free program) and changed the settings to: Hue=154, Saturation=150 (see first pic)
I am sure these settings are not the ideal settings but it's a start.
Anyone can try this and fine tune it.

By the way I came up with this system so it's not Peter's. I mentioned it because i have seen a number of times others refering to the system as if Peter came up with it, no fault of Peter's.

Cheers
Ben
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Hi Ben

Thanks for informing me and your advice. I notice the picture is gone, but will reload it this afternoon.

Johan it isn't a cobalt but can be the addition of the SL Edged mutation.

Tienie
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Ring0Neck wrote:By the way I came up with this system so it's not Peter's. I mentioned it because i have seen a number of times others refering to the system as if Peter came up with it, no fault of Peter's.

Cheers
Ben
Indeed you have, and thanks for that! :D
Carr.birds wrote:Johan it isn't a cobalt but can be the addition of the SL Edged mutation.

Tienie
Wow, that is a really dark bird with no dark or violet factors. ADM pieds often look darker than their non-ADM counterparts, almost as if some of the melanin lost is transfered to regions where melanin is still left, but I haven't seen in it to such a large extend as in this bird. It does seem as if the dom. edge mutation "returns" some colour in mutations that removes it.
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

Hi
Indeed I have seen that in some instances the dom edge does strip some colour and also returns some ,
Tienie is that not a cobalt grey? Blue to be so dark rare bird well done Tienie
Tks
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Hi Tienie,

Please mail me the pic to look at that is now removed.

thanks

Peter
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Peter

Sorry, this is the pic

Tienie
Farzz1

Post by Farzz1 »

Hi
Tienie that is what have been looking for, now do you have that only in that colour? Because in the same nest what was the odds of lighter dom edge and darker dom edge? My main point of view is merely to determine what the dom edge does to recessive birds and sex link birds but you surly figured that out by now so go tell us :idea: :idea: :idea:
Tks
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Farzz1

It is obvious that females of SL Edged and SL Edged combinations will be lighter in phenotype. The SL Edged adm pied must still be sexed but I give you my word it will be a female. DF SL Edged cocks are the same phenotype as females (keep in mind females can only be sf)

Tienie
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

Thanks for the Pic Tienie, I think its time you and I have nice cup of coffee together and chat !
Petrus SA

Post by Petrus SA »

Hope the pic's will help. Blue DE Opaline and Blue turquoise Dilute Opaline.
Carr.birds

Post by Carr.birds »

Petrus

Send the pics of the SL edged blue opaline and blueturq dilute opaline to me I will post them for you.

Tienie