New Addition to the Family__ need help with a name

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Davidh

New Addition to the Family__ need help with a name

Post by Davidh »

Hey guys, my name is David

I have been a member for about 2 months. I stopped going on because my Indian Ringneck flew away and I lost him.

I waited a month searching, came to the conclusion he is gone. And I got a new one!

I think he is a little over a year old. He has his ring , that's why I'm assuming his age . The lady said he is only 3 months ... Obviously lied . Right?

Anyway I need a name .. Something a classic parrot would have . Shoot me some ideas

Thanks (:
MissK

Re: New Addition to the Family__ need help with a name

Post by MissK »

Hi David,

I'm sorry you couldn't get your bird back. That is such a big shame! I'm glad, however, that you were able to pick yourself up and go on to have another bird. I feel your bird must be closer to 3 *YEARS* old. Any information on the leg band?

Names. Such a personal thing, but you might think along the lines of ethnic origin, colour, relationship to you, boy names you just happen to like, names of admirable people from the India/Pakistan area, names of celebrities you just happen to think look like your bird, names of fictional characters with IRN-type qualities, terms of endearment that just happen to roll off your tongue when you speak to your bird............ You could always name him after ME, but it might be hard to explain....... :wink:

I've named my dogs after gemstones, my fish after other types of animals, my canaries after opera characters, my budgies after movie characters, My IRN came already named, "Rocky", which could be after Rocky the boxer, Rocky the mountains, Rocky the cartoon flying squirrel, Rocky the movie character. He was named by a 12 year old girl, so my money's on the cartoon, but I took it as a springboard to name my budgies out of the Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Let us know what you pick!

-MissK
-MissK
birdynamnam

Post by birdynamnam »

Hi David, I am sure a suitable name will come to you. Normally when you look at them it springs in to your mind. I am sorry you lost your bird. I lost Birdly when I only had him 1 week, by a stroke of fortune, he was fine and Birdly came home again. Good luck with your new bird, and yes, they dont get a ring until they are 1 year or older, if its a red ring with black marks around it you got a boy, if the ring is none existing or much paler, then you have a girl.
indiasmum

Post by indiasmum »

Hi David!

She definitely has lied to you, a 3 month old IRN would not even have any signs of a ring! Oh well, as long as he is a healthy and happy, good-natured bird then you've made the right choice :D

As for names, you could name according to colour, gender, characters/celebrities you like, or general traits that you will notice in your bird. Is your bird hand tame? I find it's a lot easier to name hand tamed birds as they seem to show you their true character (as they're much more comfortable around you)!

I have an albino female IRN, whom I've named India. It's definitely pays homage to her roots, and also I love 'Indie' as a girls name :) you'll be able to name him given a bit of time!

Hope this helps! :P