Sick IRN

Moderator: Mods

Vercina

Sick IRN

Post by Vercina »

Hello everyone!

I have a 3 year old female IRN. I got her when she was only a few weeks old and hand fed her. She was bonding with me well for over a year. Then I had to move out of my house due to family issues and my dad took care of her for a few months. Now that I'm back home, she only likes my brother and dad. She completely hates me. If I was able to bring her with me, I would of but I couldn't. Now she bites me (like sheds blood), she chases me around my room and even flies full speed into my face (which actually hurts). She has a big cage and a few toys, she is by the window with lots of light. I want to try and bond with her again but I can't. I have to leave her in the cage because she bites. I feel so sad because she is depressed, angry and is starting to pluck her feathers. What should I do? I'm so sad
ellieelectrons

Re: Sick IRN

Post by ellieelectrons »

In addition to what Molossus has said, I'd recommend increasing foraging. You can do a search on here for threads on foraging. See if you can be her only source of treats. I had issues with our girl last year during breeding season. It's not fun! Also, make the most of her time in her cage. Sit by the cage and talk to her nicely. Do your homework by her cage, share your food with her, etc.

Best wishes.

Ellie.
sanjays mummi

Re: Sick IRN

Post by sanjays mummi »

Personally, I would move her cage away from the window, so there is less distraction whilst you re- bond with her, all birds are fickle, love you to bits one minute and loathe you the next, it is just the way they are. You have become estranged, that is all, and you will soon become bezzy mates again.