My male does't react...

Moderator: Mods

Elphi

My male does't react...

Post by Elphi »

Hi everyone.
I'm writing to explain what is happening with my pair now we are in the breeding season. As it is my first time, I would like to share it with you and listen to your opinion
A couple of weeks ago I saw my couple doing their stuff :roll: but I think the cock wasnt doing it properly (just my impresion). I started to search for the best nestbox, reading and asking to some people here :wink: and I built my own nest box. I haven't put it yet, I`ll do it at the end of this week.
By this time, the couple gets on well, the cock feeds the hen and they are all day together.
However, I have seen something that surprised me. Now, I've seen the hen in the position ready to do it and the cock only dances and sings around her, but he doesn't go over her. After a while waiting, the hen recovers and go to another branch :roll: and he follows her.
I wanted to tell you about it because I found it quite surprising... a female wanting to copulate and the male... :lol:
Have you ever experienced something like that? I know the "dancing" of the male means he is courting... but if the hen looks ready... why does he not react?
Is it only nervousness for being my first time? (perhaps this is the point)

:mrgreen:
Psittacula krameri (Scopoli, 1769)... Incluida en el Catálogo Español de Especies Exóticas Invasoras.
Elphi

Re: My male does't react...

Post by Elphi »

:o :shock: :o
That sounds bad... but I see the point. Thanks for the answer.
Let's see what happens :? I hope to tell you good news soon :wink:
Psittacula krameri (Scopoli, 1769)... Incluida en el Catálogo Español de Especies Exóticas Invasoras.