whats so exciting about the deep mutation

Moderator: Mods

Sanzaf1

whats so exciting about the deep mutation

Post by Sanzaf1 »

could some please tell me whats so exciting about the deep mutation???
Johan S

Re: whats so exciting about the deep mutation

Post by Johan S »

For me the most exciting part is that it allows us to fine tune the phenotype of many mutations, but esp. for what each individual prefers when it comes to a purple looking bird. Some prefer violet(df), some like cobalt violet. Without deep, that is all we can do. With deep, we have many more options. Equally as exciting is the mutation in SA, for the same reason that it provides more flexibility and different phenotypes.
trabots

Post by trabots »

The main attraction to me is that unlike a Dark Blue the Deep Blue double factors without destroying the structural layer as in the DF Dark Blue or Mauve. I also am finding that it darkens considerably in the IndigoBlue and TurquoiseBlue forms. It also darkens any combination with Violet to the same extent that Dark does despite not being as dark as Dark in isolation. As Johan has said it results in a myriad number of possible new combinations.
Sanzaf1

Post by Sanzaf1 »

Indeed it can provide a myriad of possibilities, but this myriad is only possible in blue birds, if this existed in other mutation surely it would play a significant role in darkening birds thus far,don't get me wrong i 100% agree with respect to the blue series birds that it a magnificent species .Does anyone have deep in other mutation or color except blue?

is it possible for somebody to post a picture of the deep mutation
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Sanzaf1 wrote:Indeed it can provide a myriad of possibilities, but this myriad is only possible in blue birds, if this existed in other mutation surely it would play a significant role in darkening birds thus far,don't get me wrong i 100% agree with respect to the blue series birds that it a magnificent species .Does anyone have deep in other mutation or color except blue?

is it possible for somebody to post a picture of the deep mutation
yes, most noticeable in the blue series, though I don't think enough experimentation (in combination with other factors) has happened with the green series yet- so am sitting in anticipation...

SA deep:
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... 26&t=16564
http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... 26&t=16577
Moon Walker

Post by Moon Walker »

Good day I'm new to the site here and would like to ad to this topic I'm a new breeder in gauteng south africa I have managed to buy 2 green birds that was bred from the NT line when I got the birds they where very young and normal green in color after 4 months of age they changed color and they are now 7 months of age and I now no after getting help from a breeder that they are indeed deep green. The female is df deep green and the male looks single factor but what is amazing to me is the color changes every 2 months I have to wait for the 15 month moult but I can not wait to breed them to normal blue birds to get a better understanding to the color it is a very nice looking bird in blue and green series and even thou they looked normal green as babies I new something was different with these birds and who now what new tipe deeps we will get in 10 years time
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

Hi Moon walker, do you have any pics to share?
Moon Walker

Post by Moon Walker »

Hi sorry but I am not able to upload pics yet I will ask prodigy to upload them for me later.
Regards
MW.
trabots

Post by trabots »

I have a Deep IndigoBlue cock just finished its 1 year moult, absolutely stunning! Pics will follow eventually. I have found that Deep darkens considerably when combined with IndigoBlue and TurquoiseBlue.
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

trabots wrote:I have found that Deep darkens considerably when combined with IndigoBlue and TurquoiseBlue.
I find that fascinating- I wonder why it would darken more with parblue? Looking forward to pics :)
Moon Walker

Post by Moon Walker »

Good morning guys yes I would absolutely love to c the pics and would like for prodigy to comment on this ( why do deep darken in different stages of time and to other color will ask him to ad my pics also today.
Regards
MW
prodigy

Post by prodigy »

MW's picture

Moon Walker

Post by Moon Walker »

Hi guys just want to say thanks to prodigy for adding my pics so 1st pic is the sf deep green male and 2nd pic is df deep green female I asked him to put the pics of the birds under the filter to show the deference of the 2 birds. Unfortunately I had some bad luck the female df deep green got out of the cage and flew away my service hallway had a gap by the roof and she got out am very sad about it but will keep you all up to date with the pics of the male I'm looking forward to c what he will look like after the 15 month moult.
I'm looking forward to c the pics you all have on your babies and would like for comments on this birds
Kind Regards
MW!!!
sheyd

Post by sheyd »

thanks for sharing- it's a shame you lost the hen- would have been good to have her and the sf SA Deep in the same shot with a wildtype to compare.
Moon Walker

Post by Moon Walker »

Hi yes it is sad that she got out I want to put the male to a mature blue female now to c what I get hopefully he could pair this year
regards
MW
Sanzaf1

Post by Sanzaf1 »

hi moon walker
its very difficult to fad em beacause that looks like a normal dark green to me...... prodigy is it possible for u to upload a picture for me and convert it to that effect
Moon Walker

Post by Moon Walker »

Hi sanzaf if you look at the topic deep and dark green you will c that prodigy explains in detail what to look for in deep series and what the deference is between deep green, dark green, violet green ect, ect that would help
Regards
MW
Moon Walker

Post by Moon Walker »

Thanks chocobo

MW