Luckily my 2nd IRN

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Muzaf18

Luckily my 2nd IRN

Post by Muzaf18 »

Helo everyone, PUMBA is my second IRN which is around 3 weeks with some feathers already out on the wings.
Hope everything goes on well this time. My first one pass away due to sour crop :cry:

Now i am monitoring the baby closely. Some advise would really be appreciated.

:idea: Can someone tell me if a 3 weeks old IRN can stand and walk on his feet or would just as we say "trying to stand".

:idea: I keep it in a small box so as he have his own heat and no need to add a bulb, do you think i need to add one near his box?

Hope to have some great advise from the IRN lovers.

Thanks
Muzaf18
Regards,
Muzaf
sahhbear

Re: Luckily my 2nd IRN

Post by sahhbear »

Hi!
Sorry to hear about your other baby :cry: Hope everything with Pumba goes well. I haven't raised IRN from eggs but have cockatiels for many years and was told by the lady who first taught me how to feed to put just a touch of baby apples in their formula as it prevents sour crop. I'm not sure if this is the same with IRNs- maybe someone far more experienced in this area can help you out, but it's something that I've always done. Also, at this young an age with each feed just give him some water just so he doesn't get dehydrated. Yes he'll get water in his formula but it never hurts to give him a little!

As for his home just make sure you clean the paper quite regularly as since he's not perching (I'm assuming given the age) he'll be sitting in his mess and can get dirty. Baby birds can walk- yes... but they like to scurry backward more often than not so just watch that and be prepared, they're quick little things :lol:

Good luck!! Have fun and enjoy, this is such a great time to form a bond with your baby!

Sarah xx
Sarah Xx
Muzaf18

Post by Muzaf18 »

Helo thanks sarah. me too r used with cocatiel. :)
just doing what is best for pumba.
Can i give pumba hydrosol baby vitamins,a drop in two ml of water after feeding formula?
thanks.
Regards,
Muzaf
sahhbear

Post by sahhbear »

I honestly don't know! I wouldn't think vitamins would be a bad thing but I'd be weary of it for a little given his age. I don't feel I have enough experience to answer that safely for you, I'm sorry. I hope someone else can help with that one!

Sarah xx
Sarah Xx
Muzaf18

Post by Muzaf18 »

helo thanks sarah.
Regards,
Muzaf