Hello from sunny Qld, new to the site :)

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

millyz_madness

Hello from sunny Qld, new to the site :)

Post by millyz_madness »

Hi fellow bird lovers!
My name is Mel and im from Qld Australia :D
I have an aviary full of budgies, a pure bred english bull terrier named Missy, loads of chooks and a childrens python :) and I have some very exciting news!!! In the next few weeks i am getting an IRN!!! My good friend is a vet nurse and she is hand raising 7 baby IRNs 3 greens, 3 blues and my baby which is (excuse my not knowing the correct names of colours) a pale light lime body with a bright yellow head and has like yellow (lace wing i think is how u would descibe it) once i figure out how to upload pics (can i do that via iphone?) I will post one :)
I will know in a couple of days what gender he/she will be also as my friend has sent away for a DNA test of all the babies.
Im here to make friends and learn all i can about the gorgeous IRNs :)

Mel
willowisp71

Re: Hello from sunny Qld, new to the site :)

Post by willowisp71 »

Hi Mel,

Welcome to the forum! Wow, you baby's colour sounds awesome! I'm not sure of the correct name for that mutation either, but I'm guessing he/she will look something like the one in this link:

http://i.oodleimg.com/item/2924435172u_ ... 1331951552

I already have a mature blue cock, but we are waiting for our new baby to be fully weaned (in about 4 weeks), and we are super excited! We met the breeder and the our little bub last weekend for the first time, and she is just the sweetest thing. She is a cinnamon grey (aka silver).....not the best pic, but here she is:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9444_n.jpg

To post photo's in the actual forum, you will need to create a profile with either photobucket.com or one of the other photo type sites, load photo's to that, and then copy the image URL or click the option that says to use the pic in forums/bulletin boards, then past it directly into your message. There are post's about posting photo's that explain it a lot better than I can, so you might want to look them up and have a read. Here's one from ellieelectrons:

http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... =4&t=15060
Regards Deb
millyz_madness

Post by millyz_madness »

Thanks deb so much for your warm welcome its really appreciated! Where abouts are you from? The link you posted is almost exactly what I think mine will look like :D soooo excited! I get mine in about 4 weeks also! How old will yours be when u get it and will it be DNA tested?

Thanks again
Mel
millyz_madness

Post by millyz_madness »

PS your baby looks stunning!!!
millyz_madness

Post by millyz_madness »

Just talked to my friend that owns the IRN I am getting and it's a green lacewing :)
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Hi Mel,

I'm in Bunbury, West Oz. I think our wee one will be approx 10 weeks old when we get her, just depends on how long she takes to get weaned - some wean quicker than others, and our breeder likes for them to be fully self sufficient before she lets them go, which is great. And yes, we have asked to get her DNA tested to be certain, but going on her parents genetics, she should be female given her colouring, unless one or both parents are hiding a split that can't be seen. We'll know one way or the other soon :)
Regards Deb
millyz_madness

Post by millyz_madness »

Thanks for the reply again deb :) I'm not up on the whole genetics thing although I'm trying to make my way through the tutorial posted on here about it. The mothers green and the fathers blue and some how I ended up with a lime green lacewing. We are unsure about the grandparents though. Any thoughts on gender? The DNA results should be in tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest. I don't yet understand the gender colour thing yet haha. There's so much to learn!!

I really appreciate your replies :)
Mel
ringneckluv

Post by ringneckluv »

Hi Mel, I am a big fan of green pallids(lacewing) and the yellow head yellow tail in particular. Love the contrast. Any way wellcome :)
millyz_madness

Post by millyz_madness »

ringneckluv wrote:Hi Mel, I am a big fan of green pallids(lacewing) and the yellow head yellow tail in particular. Love the contrast. Any way wellcome :)
Is that what they are called?!? Haha I'm very much a novice at this. I am not going to breed just a tame pet so I have alot to learn :) thankyou

Mel
millyz_madness

Post by millyz_madness »

Hi all
Just got the DNA results and my baby is a girl :)

Thanks
Mel
Daisyjy

Post by Daisyjy »

millyz_madness wrote: (lace wing i think is how u would descibe it) once i figure out how to upload pics (can i do that via iphone?) I will post one :)
)
Yes, you can upload pics via iPhone!
Buy Wholesale toys for your baby, high quality fun children toys available
CMG ringneck MADD

Post by CMG ringneck MADD »

Hi guys :mrgreen: I'm new to this site and have been into birds for 1 year now, I have a pair of cockys pair of alexandrines, 13 budgies (1 pair going down now), and I love ringnecks, I only decided I like ringnecks the most about 6 months ago, I'm only young and own 6 ringnecks (3 males & 3 females), 1 pastel grey male as a pet so one female will be sitting out this year! I'm from central QLD, Australia :)) and am hopefully going to breed two pairs this season in August i think it is :s 1st pair - cobalt hen x violet cock. 2nd pair - pastel violet lacewing cock x skyblue hen. The female sitting out is violet and was wondering wether to put her to the pastel violet lacewing? Thanks for any advice and hope I can learn a lot from this site :mrgreen: also love the green lacewing especially the yellow coloured heads, also I love the wh/wt and that's what I'm going to try and go into, wh/wt violets and cobalts and pieds in both violets and cobalts :) also my cobalt might be split to white head white tail but hasn't bred before so will see this season, am excited to see what they produce, haven't bred anything before just 1 budgie layed 4 eggs