Blue, Turquoise, Cobolt, Violet? um...

Moderator: Mods

blueindianringneck

Blue, Turquoise, Cobolt, Violet? um...

Post by blueindianringneck »

Can someone post pictures of what these colors are? I'll go to a bird show one guy will say that his baby is a blue.... like 5 feet away the same looking bird will be called a Turquoise. What are my birds considered? I'd really like to see someone post the difference of these colors and especially be shown what a cobalt color is.

Here is my male named Lavender. Is he a Violet?

Here is are 2 pictures of my male named Bubbles. Is he Blue?

Here are pictures of the babies we had this year. Are they Blue or Turquoise?

And what color is this bird considered? Her name is Cloud.

blueindianringneck

Re: Blue, Turquoise, Cobolt, Violet? um...

molossus wrote:the first bird looks a violet. the blue hen next to the green cock isnt clear. the clutch of chicks looks normal blue. cloud looks a blue pallid.
i suggest a joint pic with the violet cock blue hen and the clutch of chicks for comparison as its easy to incorrectly id the mutation. :mrgreen:

Bubbles is a DNA sexed young male. the picture of him and the green male and the one below it are the same bird. The babies pictures start with them on the tree on down to cloud.
blueindianringneck

molossus wrote:the first bird looks a violet. the blue hen next to the green cock isnt clear. the clutch of chicks looks normal blue. cloud looks a blue pallid.
i suggest a joint pic with the violet cock blue hen and the clutch of chicks for comparison as its easy to incorrectly id the mutation. :mrgreen:

Ill get a picture of Lavender and bubbles in a bit! Thanks! Any idea what a cobolt look like?
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Hi blueindianringneck,

If you can, try photographing your gorgeous birds in a well lit (natural light) room, without a flash, as the flash will always throw a different hue over the colour (usually brighter and more saturated), hence the vaslty different colour of the 2 photos of bubbles :)

Take my normal blue boy for example:

WITH FLASH - a slight green tinge to his wings and tail

and WITHOUT FLASH - this more closely resembles his true colour, a powder blue colour

Other than that, I would agree with molossus in regards to their colours; Lavender is a violet, Bubbles is a blue, chicks are blues and Cloud is blue pallid :D
Regards Deb
blueindianringneck

awesome! Still looking for cobolt. Got a picture of what that is? and a turquoise?
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

I did a google search...this is what I found;

Turquoise
http://www.flatratewebsites.com/sites/o ... oishen.jpg

Cobalt
http://www.flatratewebsites.com/sites/o ... obalt1.jpg

There's also a couple of threads going on at the moment discussing cobalts, violets, and turquoise etc, some of which include pics. Here's one of the threads I've been following with interest;

http://www.indianringneck.com/forum/vie ... =1&t=15637

Hope that helps :D
Regards Deb