How do you get Turquoise and Creamino Mutation

Moderator: Mods

littlemiraclesaviary

How do you get Turquoise and Creamino Mutation

Post by littlemiraclesaviary »

Hi

I have been out of breeding for a couple of years and I am looking to get back in. It seems that some of the breeders I relied on to get certain mutations in Canada are no longer breeding so I guess I have to make them for myself. I am wondering how I get Turquoise and Creamino mutations.
rod038

Re: How do you get Turquoise and Creamino Mutation

Post by rod038 »

Creamino is a Turquoise mutation. It is a Turquoise Albino. There would be a few ways to breed them. One way would be to get a Turquoise Blue Hen and an Albino Cock bird or a Turquoise Blue split Ino Cock and an Albino Hen.
littlemiraclesaviary

you can't use lutino's?
rod038

Post by rod038 »

If it is Split Blue you could. Creamino is a Blue series Mutation.
littlemiraclesaviary

So to get a Turquoise split Ino would I pair a turquoise to a lutino or an albino or does it matter?
littlemiraclesaviary

If I have a Turquoise Hen with a Lutino Cock or vice versa what would that produce?
rod038

Post by rod038 »

You wont any Lutino bird you use to be Split to Blue. To get your Turquoise Blue split Ino you could pair a Turquoise Blue Cock to a Albino Hen, this way all young Cock birds would be split Ino.
littlemiraclesaviary

what would the babies turn out if we did pair a lutino with a turquoise though my husband keeps asking
rod038

Post by rod038 »

If it is a Lutino Cock bird and a Turquoise Blue Hen then the young Cock birds will be Green split to Turquoise Ino or Green Split to Albino. The young Hens will be Lutino split to Turquoise or Lutino split to Blue. Thats if you are using a Turquoise Blue Hen. If you are using just a Turquoise Hen then it will be Green split to Turquoise Ino Cocks and Lutino split to Turquoise Hens.

The Creamino to confuse the issue is a Turquoise Blue Ino.

You have picked some what confusing mutations to work with because they all may look similar on paper but one word like Blue can change the outcome.
littlemiraclesaviary

Ok so that is not a good pairing because I don't want half green babies and visually it gives me nothing I am looking for really. What if I put a turquoise male with an albino hen.

Also what is the difference between a turquoise and a turquoise blue now I am confused how do you visually tell the difference
rod038

Post by rod038 »

That pairing will give Turquoise Blue split to Ino Cocks and Turquoise Blue Hens.

The Turquoise is a Green series bird and the Turquoise mutation is not visible but carried. With the Turquoise Blue it is a Blue series bird and will give the Blue bird an overall green colour to its feathers. When combined with Albino it makes the bird appear yellow.

A turquoise Blue is also known as a Pastel Blue.
littlemiraclesaviary

so a regular turquoise just looks like a regular green?
littlemiraclesaviary

so a turquoise blue male with an albino hen would give me what?
rod038

Post by rod038 »

Yes like a normal green.

Blue and Turquoise Blue Hens. Blue split to Ino and Turquoise Blue split to Ino Cocks.
willowisp71

Post by willowisp71 »

Thanks littlemiraclesaviary and rod038.........I found this thread very interesting and informative! Still trying to work out what colour hen I want to get for my blue boy.......and still trying to guess (pointless really, I know :P ) if he has anything else in his genetics :D
Regards Deb
littlemiraclesaviary

Ok so to add a confusing twist I have a pallid violet hen and I use to have her full sister who was a creamino the patents were pallid ino male with violet hen did the hen have to be split ino? How did that pair produce a creamino
rod038

Post by rod038 »

A Hen cant be split to Ino either they are or they arent. A cock bird that is carrying the Ino mutation can breed Ino Hens. Was the Cock Bird Green in colour? Because if it was then it could of been a turquoise pallidino but you wouldnt know this by looking at it. This bird could of breed a Creamino Hen. That Creamino Hen could of also been masking Violet and of been able to breed Violet chicks, thats why its not a good idea to mix Ino with Violet as some of the chicks may well be Violet but you wouldnt know until you bred from them and saw if they produced a Violet chick.