Hello Again from Mexico

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

Tenshi

Hello Again from Mexico

Post by Tenshi »

Hi Guys,

My name is Miguel, I am from Mexico.

Last year on May I got 3 IRN, they were not completelly weaned when i got them so i had to "hand fed" them, they were starting to eat fruits and pellets.

I sold 2 of them and kept a Female which is Green Grey Pallid / Blue called "Guera"

A year after (by march this year) I got a Grey blue male, he is about 3 years old, his name is "Bruno", i set him with Guera but she used to chase him too hard. Being afraid of Guera hurting Bruno i set them in separated cages for a couple of weeks then introduce Guera to Bruno's cage, until they "get along" not that bad lol.

Looking to get better results using Guera´s pallid i started to look for a Albino or Pallid male, 2 months ago I got a new pair of IRNs, Rambo and Marilyn, the seller told me they were Albino, (saw them in pics only and looked white) so i payed a deposit and went to pick them up

I realized Rambo is not Albino but I really liked his, he is gorgeous, I took my birds and go back home happy.

Once in my house, i set 2 cages, one with Rambo and one with Marilyn, then introduced Bruno (grey male) with Marilyn and left Rambo by himself 2 days, then introduced Guera with Rambo.

At the beginning i had no issue, but by the end of the week Guera started chasing Rambo, i repeated the operation i did with Bruno before, taking Guera out for a couple of days, then setting her back, now the can live together but still dont mate.

I am looking for more information about this birds as I am new to this birds, so dont get surprised if I ask too much LOL

Well that being said i will post their pics, i hope you like them. :P

Guera:

Bruno and Guera:

Rambo:

And last but not least Marylin:

MissK

Re: Hello Again from Mexico

Post by MissK »

Hola Miguel,

Those are some beautiful birds, by the way.
-MissK
Last edited by MissK on Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
-MissK
Tenshi

Post by Tenshi »

Hi MissK,

Thanks for the advice, i have been checking my birds to make sure the hen does not hurt the male, now they are no in love but can live together with not much issue.

About your statements,
i know the females can be aggresive thats why i am monitoring them.
The second pair is in a cage under the other one, they dont see each other but they do hear the other guys voices
About the color of their siblings, she was Handraised so had no siblings, she used to live with my cockatiels until one got hurt and killed by IRN, what i have realized is she is kind of in love with me.

I am not sure when the Breeding season is but i hope next one they can mate and breed nice pallid babies-
-epo-

Post by -epo- »

Beautiful birds!