Pallid Turquoise blue??? help to identify the mutation

Moderator: Mods

Tenshi

Pallid Turquoise blue??? help to identify the mutation

Post by Tenshi »

Hi Guys, its me asking for help again.

A aquaitance is asking me to trade my Pallid Blue male (2yrs old) for a 1 year "Pallid turquoise blue" male, but he is not sure that is the right mutation.

I will post some pics from him, hope you can help me. I will be pairing him with a 1.5 years old Green Grey pallid / blue hen. Any guesses on what i am getting from them?

Thanks in Advance to everyone.
LadyCalypso

Re: Pallid Turquoise blue??? help to identify the mutation

Post by LadyCalypso »

I would say it is a Turquoise Pallid(Lacewing) but lets see what others say it looks like mine in the post below lol but mine is female :lol: nice bird though is the lutino behind him molting?
Lushen1600

Post by Lushen1600 »

Hi Tenshia, that is a Turquoise Blue Pallid.

Mating him to a GreyGreen Pallid/blue will give you the following results

1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue pallid
x 0.1 grey(sf) pallid /blue
% from all 1.0
12.5% 1.0 grey(sf) pallid /turquoise(parblue)
12.5% 1.0 pallid /turquoise(parblue)
12.5% 1.0 grey(sf) blue pallid
12.5% 1.0 blue pallid
12.5% 1.0 grey(sf) pallid /blue
12.5% 1.0 pallid /blue
12.5% 1.0 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue)Blue pallid
12.5% 1.0 turquoise(parblue)Blue pallid
% from all 0.1
12.5% 0.1 grey(sf) pallid /turquoise(parblue)
12.5% 0.1 pallid /turquoise(parblue)
12.5% 0.1 grey(sf) blue pallid
12.5% 0.1 blue pallid
12.5% 0.1 grey(sf) pallid /blue
12.5% 0.1 pallid /blue
12.5% 0.1 grey(sf) turquoise(parblue)Blue pallid
12.5% 0.1 turquoise(parblue)Blue pallid

Which means you would get pallids in the following colours, greygreen, green, grey, and blue as well as grey rainbows and blue rainbows in both sexes, there is a 50% chance of the greygreen pallids and the green pallids to be split for either blue or turquoise

Thanks
Lushen
2014 Pairs
Green x Green
DGreen x DBlue
DE Blue/ino x DBlue
Grey/ino x Albino
Pallidino x Lutino
DE Blue Turq x Grey
DE Grey Turq x Blue
Greygreen/cinn x DE Blue Cinn
DE DBlue Turq x Blue Turq CHWT
Blue x DBlue Turq
Blue x Blue Pallid
Lutino/blue x Blue
Tenshi

Post by Tenshi »

Yeei thanks for your help, so i was right.

I am still not sure if i should trade them or not, hard desition, i mean mine is blue pallid, so i would have similar results ( well that if my hen accept the males, looks like she is still in love with me)

The difference here is that mine is more than 2 years old (already has his ring) and the Turquoise one is 1 year old or so.

thank you guys for your help, i wish i can know enough about this birds so i can give advices later to the new hobbists

@LadyCalypso: I am not sure if the lutino is molting, the guy that sent me the pics looks for cheap birds, buy them then re sell them. The story about the lutino hen is that as she was too ugly he paid less than 100 us dollars for her, he was trying to sell her to me last time buy i already have my 2 pair set. He actually offered me to trade my Blue pallid for the Turquoise pallid male and he will gift me the "ugly" lutino hen (the ugly word was said by him)

I am still thinking about his proposal.
Lushen1600

Post by Lushen1600 »

I would keep the blue pallid because its already has its ring as you say and you know for sure that it is a male, you will have to wait another year or 2 to find out if the rainbow is in fact a cock bird, and you better of having an older cock and a younger hen, than having it the other way around, otherwise you may have compatibility problems, if your hen is handreared, you may find it difficult to breed with, but I would suggest that you try as I have some handreared birds which come to me when I go near the cage and they talk as well, but once I'm gone they go back to their partners, and have even seen courtship and mating occur amongst them.

With the blue pallid the results are as follows

1.0 blue pallid
x 0.1 grey(sf) pallid /blue
% from all 1.0
25.0% 1.0 grey(sf) blue pallid
25.0% 1.0 blue pallid
25.0% 1.0 grey(sf) pallid /blue
25.0% 1.0 pallid /blue
% from all 0.1
25.0% 0.1 grey(sf) blue pallid
25.0% 0.1 blue pallid
25.0% 0.1 grey(sf) pallid /blue
25.0% 0.1 pallid /blue

Thanks
Lushen
2014 Pairs
Green x Green
DGreen x DBlue
DE Blue/ino x DBlue
Grey/ino x Albino
Pallidino x Lutino
DE Blue Turq x Grey
DE Grey Turq x Blue
Greygreen/cinn x DE Blue Cinn
DE DBlue Turq x Blue Turq CHWT
Blue x DBlue Turq
Blue x Blue Pallid
Lutino/blue x Blue
Johan S

Post by Johan S »

Actually looks like a cobalt turquoise pallid to me , unless the camera is making 'a funny' with us. The blue band surrounding the neck seems a shade to dark for a normal turquoise blue pallid. Here is a page with the pallid series: http://home.wanadoo.nl/psittaculaworld/ ... Pallid.htm

I would definitely have traded the bird if it was alone, but I won't risk it. The 'ugly' bird makes all kinds of warnings bells go off in my head.
Tenshi

Post by Tenshi »

Thank you guys, you always help me to clear my mind.

I had already thought about the Ring fact, i am sure mine is male but not about the other one, also having a ring means he is ready to Breed.

I had not pay attention to the lutino but yes she looks sick, and as this guy buys bird from here and there just because they are cheap i wont be surprised if he has diseases on the Aviary. Good point, thanks for highlighting it.

Well I will keep my couples as they are, Pallid blue x green grey pallid / blue, and Grey Blue X Blue ino (Albino)

I can try to post their pics on a separated topic later.

Thanks again everyone :D