Should I get a new friend for my IRN

Moderator: Mods

mikemck1

Should I get a new friend for my IRN

Post by mikemck1 »

My Ringneck dudey is coming 12months old now, he is cheeky, loving and extremely sociable; Its been on my mind weather to get another Ringneck or cockatiel I have another nice cage for a parrot to go in buit just wanted to hear people ideas? Thanks guys.
Melika

Re: Should I get a new friend for my IRN

Post by Melika »

Guess that depends on how much time you have to invest in each bird. And if you're willing to risk a personality change because of the new addition. Or be ready for them to hate one another forever. Also, your new bird might not have the lovable personality you treasure in Dudey. Also sometimes parrots like to get into this "I call you!" "I CALL YOU BACK!" routine where they yell back and forth lol.

I have to say that I'm happy just having Hane (I have a 'tiel too but that wasn't intentional). While I would love to have an Ekkie or a green-wingned macaw, I know I personally just don't have the time for another parrot. Some people do. If you do and you're doing it for the right reasons and have thought it through completely, I don't see why not.

Just remember to quarantine, please. :)
I've been called 'birdbrained' before, but somehow I don't think this is what they meant. say:hah-nay
mikemck1

Post by mikemck1 »

Thank you, your information has helped a lot, its great to hear another opinion, i do have the time but i would hate to see a change in dudey so Im not sure if that's a risk im willing to take.I will bear this in mond thank you.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

We got a new IRN after we'd had Janey a year and we've been happy with the bond we have with both birds, although it has taken a lot of patience and perseverance.

Ellie.