IRN lovers I have a few sad Q's that I hope can b answered?

A place for us to talk about the loss of a pet, even if not a ringneck. A place to grief and receive information and support from our family. Memorialize your pet by posting a picture and sharing information about your baby.

Moderator: Mods

3Girls

IRN lovers I have a few sad Q's that I hope can b answered?

Post by 3Girls »

I just had to put my baby blue IRN Tulio in the ground. He was the most wonderful bird I have ever had. I am very confused as to why he died as he was only 8 months old. yesterday I started my day the same way as usual by getting myself of to work, before I did this I placed both Tulio and my daughters green IRN Rio in their cage outside, they both where lively and happy as IRN's are. When I returned that afternoonTulio was fluffed up and lethargic, didn't try to nick my salad or run around, he just laid in my jacket. By about 11 he could hardly stand, I rushed him down to the animal hospital and they really didn't tell me what was wrong, but I should leave him there for observation, I got a call at 3 in the morning explaining he had died. I still don't know what happened to him or y? Has anyone else had to undergo this horrible sad fate, and if so did u find out what caused your babies death as I just got to know?? And how long before or do i even consider getting another, or is that trying to replace him....just so sad. "RIP my belovered Baby Tulio, I will never forget u". Thanks : (
ellieelectrons

Re: IRN lovers I have a few sad Q's that I hope can b answer

Post by ellieelectrons »

Hi

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Poor little guy!

Unfortunately when birds are sick, they naturally try to hide it... so by the time you see any symptoms it is often too late and there is nothing the vet can do.

With our guys we give them yearly wellness checks.

I think you should get your daughter's bird to an avian vet ASAP because your other bird may very well have had something contagious.

Ellie.