Ways to play with IRN chick ... ?

Moderator: Mods

jhebert9

Ways to play with IRN chick ... ?

Post by jhebert9 »

Hello! I recently got my first IRN chick. I have had adults before, but never one this young. I've been hand feeding him & he's doing great. I just want to know if there's ways I should be playing with him to make sure he ends up tame. He likes me alight when it's feeding time, but any other time he wants to just hide under the other chick I'm feeding for my cousin. He's 1 month old. Any tips or ideas? If someone wants to share what they do age by age, that'd be great!! :wink:
Darwin, Turquoise Chick
jmmercer

Re: Ways to play with IRN chick ... ?

Post by jmmercer »

My Emerson is 3 months. I work with her a couple of hours a day, sharing food, teaching her step up, and getting her used to my hands being close to her. It's been steadily progressing. Just because the bird eats out of your hand doesn't mean it trusts you, or so I've been told. It just takes time and patience. :mrgreen: I'm still trying to get Emerson used to her toys and things inside her cage. It's a long road, but it'll be great to have a birdie buddy. :)

jhebert9

Post by jhebert9 »

My Darwin is 3 months & 1 week now. He's so smart! We've just been working on new tricks. He can step-up, "dance" by nodding his head really fast, "wave" by picking up his foot & waving it, & turn around on command! I swear my birds a genius, but I guess every birdy mom thinks that :wink:.
Darwin, Turquoise Chick
jmmercer

Post by jmmercer »

How have you been working with him? I've been trying to teach mine to dance, but she just looks at me as if I've got three heads. =P