introducing myself and cassie

Let us know a little about yourself! Tell us about your birds and why you are here.

Moderator: Mods

glholmes88

introducing myself and cassie

Post by glholmes88 »

hi
my name is gina and my irn is cassie
she is 10 months old the people we bought her from rarely handled her so we are still gaining trust with her at the moment she will allow us to touch her tail but if we try to touch any where else she moves to the other end of the cage
she is very friendly and does talk and sing to us ,
The only problem we have is trying to coax her out of cage she has not come out since we have had her
we have tried everything tried coax her out with monkey nuts as these are her favorite food
i sit and talk to her asking if she wants to come out but nothing seems to work
other then that she is a very pleasent bird she likes to listen to you talk to her and she greets you when we come in from work and in the morning .
i am looking forward to spending many years with her .
kimijean

Re: introducing myself and cassie

Post by kimijean »

How long have you had her? Some birds will take a long time to feel comfortable enough to come out of their cages when in a new home. :O)

I adopted a 3 yr old Dusky Pionus about 6 months ago and she still is not very comfortable away from her cage.

Kim
Charliee

Post by Charliee »

Welcome! I hope you enjoy your stay :)
.Welcome To The Forum.
ellieelectrons

Post by ellieelectrons »

Does your cage open at the top? I've found that the best cages to coax birds from are the roof-opening ones that you put a perch in to keep the roof open.

Ellie.