Honey is a biter! Any advice would be fantastic.

Moderator: Mods

Tamshead

Honey is a biter! Any advice would be fantastic.

Post by Tamshead »

Hello,

I have just taken over my Dad's 1.5 year old female IRN. Since we got her she has been extremely aggressive towards us when we want to pick her up. She loves me and fluffs up and clucks gently when I am near her. She follows me around the cage and lets me stroke her anywhere. I can push my hand up against her to get her to step up and she closes her eyes and ignores me. She goes into a trance almost. If anyone goes to pick her up she freaks out and bites. On bad days she will attack me too when I want to pick her up. She will fly out of the cage and land on anyone standing around. She sits really happily on your shoulder but dare try to get her back on your hand and she attacks again. We have to walk her over to the cage and let her hop back on from our shoulder (or head). She has had no bad experiences, in fact all we do is give her love and attention. My dad managed to stroke her on occasions but no where near what I could do. At one point she was attacking my mother who would feed her and chat to her everyday. My mom was struggling to even get food into her cage. The dogs used to jump up on her cage when visitors arrived and she would go to attack them when they did this. We were worried that the dogs were causing her stress. I have taken her over and she is living dog free but is not showing any change in behaviour. She allows me to feed her and stroke her but will not let me pick her up. Any advice as to what this may be? She gets a regular bedtime (6:30) everyday and is uncovered when she sings out in the morning. She is on a great all natural diet and has a very stimulating cage. Is there anything else I can do to sort this out?

Thanks