double factor violet blue hen

Moderator: Mods

smick

double factor violet blue hen

Post by smick »

G'day i now have a young double factor violet blue hen,i have a choice of two cock birds for her 1),blue split pallid(lacewing) or 2), tourquiose blue split ino. The blue cock has allready been feeding her and pairing up with her,and is probably my first choice for her but if the other cock is better will swap?.
angeldc77

Re: double factor violet blue hen

Post by angeldc77 »

I would suggest you stick with the blue/pallid, as the turquoise/ino would hide any violet babies taking. Violet lacewings are pretty and worth more than a turquoise ino masking violet. The first combination would give you all violet males, half of wich will be split to lacewing and all violet females half of wich will be visible lacewing(pallid). The second pairing will give you violet and violet turqouise males, half of each of those being split to ino. The females would be violet and turqouise violet, and creamino(turquoise ino) females masking violet and albino females masking violet.
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

If you can ,,,, get a violet rainbow cock. Breeding dbl factor violet rainbows is not common.
angeldc77

Post by angeldc77 »

I like the way Molosus thinks :-)
Molossus2

Post by Molossus2 »

Comes with age. :mrgreen:
smick

Post by smick »

I will stick with the blue split pallid cock to the double factor violet,thanks for the advice and the pastle violet lacewing cock would be good if you can find them at a reasonable price maybe in a season or too. The tourquise blue split ino cock was originally meant to pair to the creamino hen but he was to young. The cramino hen ended up breeding to a pallidino split blue cock. I have a blue lacewing hen available and i'm not sure to pair the tourquise to her or to split the pallidino and creamino hen up by swapping around,thanks Mycoola.
dog_glenn123

Post by dog_glenn123 »

Hey Smick,

Were abouts in Aaus are you im might be able to point u in the right direction for a
cheaper pastel violet lacewing or split lacewing.

Thanks Glenn
smick

Post by smick »

Glen i'm in Thirlmere near Picton, half hr south of Campbelltown,thanks Mycoola